TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MUSTANG POWER!!

FORD is doing well with the mustang.the BOSS 302 is great.it has been said that the crappy camaro z28 will go head to head with the BOSS.if it does,the z28 will get killed off quick!!does anyone remember car and driver dec.2006,the N/A 550hp 5.0 motor with 7200RPM?the cars sold for $225,000.this motor should be used for the next BOSS.why this motor isnt used in the GT500 is beyond me.the bottom line is FORD has everthing it needs to destroy the new zl1 camaro,and any other camaro chevy can come up with. :headspin: :happy feet:

FORD is doing well with the mustang.the BOSS 302 is great.it has been said that the crappy camaro z28 will go head to head with the BOSS.if it does,the z28 will get killed off quick!!does anyone remember car and driver dec.2006,the N/A 550hp 5.0 motor with 7200RPM?the cars sold for $225,000.this motor should be used for the next BOSS.why this motor isnt used in the GT500 is beyond me.the bottom line is FORD has everthing it needs to destroy the new zl1 camaro,and any other camaro chevy can come up with. :headspin: :happy feet:

The GT500 performs better than the FRGT500, and costs less to boot. The only thing that stands out about the FR500GT was the 1.15 skidpad rating, which was achieved on all-out Pirelli P0 D3's, size 305 on all corners. Also remember the FRGT500 achieved it's GT500 mirroring (presuming both cars on slicks) numbers using a sequential manual transmission and these tires. Put it on street rubber and install a regular manual, and you would have a mid 12 second car pulling about .95-1G on the skidpad with a low 4 second 0-60. Which is what we have now, but it costs 1/4 as much.

I think the 2012 Production GT500 is superior in most ways to the FR500GT, including the powerplant.

The current platform is about as maxed as it can be. To get much better, I think Ford will need to re-design the car. They have been evolving it since 2004 (YM2005).

The GT500 performs better than the FRGT500, and costs less to boot. The only thing that stands out about the FR500GT was the 1.15 skidpad rating, which was achieved on all-out Pirelli P0 D3's, size 305 on all corners. Also remember the FRGT500 achieved it's GT500 mirroring (presuming both cars on slicks) numbers using a sequential manual transmission and these tires. Put it on street rubber and install a regular manual, and you would have a mid 12 second car pulling about .95-1G on the skidpad with a low 4 second 0-60. Which is what we have now, but it costs 1/4 as much.

I think the 2012 Production GT500 is superior in most ways to the FR500GT, including the powerplant.

The current platform is about as maxed as it can be. To get much better, I think Ford will need to re-design the car. They have been evolving it since 2004 (YM2005).

i understand what you are saying.my main thing was they can use that N/A motor with 550hp,then for the shelby GT500 624hp.to me that is alot of power for a N/A motor.

The GT 500 doesn`t need to have the 5.0 in it it has all the potential for 1,000 H.p read the new issue of Mustang Monthly re Code Red

The GT 500 doesn`t need to have the 5.0 in it it has all the potential for 1,000 H.p read the new issue of Mustang Monthly re Code Red

i understand what you are saying.my main thing was they can use that N/A motor with 550hp,then for the shelby GT500 624hp.to me that is alot of power for a N/A motor.

That 5.0 is "maxxed out" at that 550 horsepower. The SC 5.4L in the current Shelby is barely even breathing hard at 550 horsepower.

If you want an NA engine with big numbers, the LS series of engines is your platform.

That 5.0 is "maxxed out" at that 550 horsepower. The SC 5.4L in the current Shelby is barely even breathing hard at 550 horsepower.

If you want an NA engine with big numbers, the LS series of engines is your platform.

no ls series here only FORD.i know how great the 5.4 is.with a kenny bell mammoth blower,you get over 1000hp.im looking at a 5.0 that will weigh less than the 5.4.if they wanted,they could build a 5.0 that could hold well over a 1000hp.dart sell a 5.0 block thats good for over 1500hp.

That 5.0 is "maxxed out" at that 550 horsepower.

Not true at all. The tuners are finding out that the 5.0 can do a lot more than advertised. Sure the 5.4 can handle some serious power but were finding out the 5.0 is no slouch either. It would make sense for Ford to move to a twin turbo 5.0 for the GT500 at somepoint.

Not true at all. The tuners are finding out that the 5.0 can do a lot more than advertised. Sure the 5.4 can handle some serious power but were finding out the 5.0 is no slouch either. It would make sense for Ford to move to a twin turbo 5.0 for the GT500 at somepoint.

that sounds good what you have said.as we see now with the new 5.0,with the supercharger upgrade to 624hp,that will be great for the new GT500.it will destroy the zl1.

that sounds good what you have said.as we see now with the new 5.0,with the supercharger upgrade to 624hp,that will be great for the new GT500.it will destroy the zl1.

mustang let back,

True... but the SC 5.0 624hp doesn't currently come with a Ford warranty. Until that happens, you're not going to see that car roll off the Flat Rock assembly line.

I don't think anyone is going to get much more than 550bhp out of an NA 5.0L "cammer/coyote" motor and remain street-legal or even streetable.

no ls series here only FORD.i know how great the 5.4 is.with a kenny bell mammoth blower,you get over 1000hp.im looking at a 5.0 that will weigh less than the 5.4.if they wanted,they could build a 5.0 that could hold well over a 1000hp.dart sell a 5.0 block thats good for over 1500hp.

It's not that the engine weighs less, it's that the supercharger up top, the IC, and that business adds weight. I would be suprised if the 5.4 in the GT500 weighed more than the 5.0 in the GT by any appreciable amount.

That supercharger sits high, and out front. The worst possible place to add weight in a mustang, and it will sit there whether it is on a 5.0 or a 5.4L engine.

I don't think anyone is going to get much more than 550bhp out of an NA 5.0L "cammer/coyote" motor and remain street-legal or even streetable.

It's not that the engine weighs less, it's that the supercharger up top, the IC, and that business adds weight. I would be suprised if the 5.4 in the GT500 weighed more than the 5.0 in the GT by any appreciable amount.

That supercharger sits high, and out front. The worst possible place to add weight in a mustang, and it will sit there whether it is on a 5.0 or a 5.4L engine.

Agreed with the above statetments. And to the last one....you are certainly right about the weight up front.......now some twins underneath the car..and keeping the 5.4 would be amazing :shift:

Who's getting 550bhp out of a NA 5.4? I'm taking a 5.4 with SC (current GT500 setup) vs 5.0 with a SC or Turbo. The 5.0 is where the GT500 is going like it or not.

i agree the GT500 might go in that direction as well.with the smaller motor the balance of the car will be great.

I just looked at the engines. There is a lot more weight difference than just the 100# for the SC setup. 444# for the 5.0, and 717# for the 5.4L.

Anyone know why that 5.4L is so ridiculously heavy?!

Who's getting 550bhp out of a NA 5.4? I'm taking a 5.4 with SC (current GT500 setup) vs 5.0 with a SC or Turbo. The 5.0 is where the GT500 is going like it or not.

OP was in his first post regarding the NA 5.0.

Archived