TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Series 1 rims for sale

sportscars

Ebay link

Originally $36,000???????

:hysterical:

Many mis-truths in that auction description, such as the number of wheels produced and the cost of the wheels from Shelby American.

Perhaps I could help him get a duplicate of the receipt he conveniently "lost". I would hate for him to not make a decent return on his investment :club:

Many mis-truths in that auction description, such as the number of wheels produced and the cost of the wheels from Shelby American.

Perhaps I could help him get a duplicate of the receipt he conveniently "lost". I would hate for him to not make a decent return on his investment :club:

That sounds like a great idea, Steve!

• 1 month later...

Hi Brandon,

Sounds like a worthy cause for sure. The issue with trying to sell your Shelby Series One rims is, they pretty much only fit the Series One. They stopped making the tires size for these rims also.

So, now your limited to people who have a Series One, and most of these cars have very low mileage and good rims still.

For the right price, I wouldn't mind having a spare set but, that is what they would be and odds are they will just stay in the box and take up more space.

If you really want to sell them, send me a private message or email me at rtgast@hotmail.com

Regards,

Randy

They are actually standard GM bolt pattern. Many of the Series 1 parts came from the GM parts bin. I have seen a set on an '02 Camaro and a set on an S10 truck. I'm guessing they might fit a Vette also.

They have stopped making tires in the correct size. You have to go with a slightly different size on them. John (CSX4350) just got some new tires for his 1. I think he said he went with BFG's, but don't hold me to that.

Yes, it is a standard 96 Corvette bolt pattern, but when I was looking for tires I toyed with the idea of going to 19 or 20" wheels. I even took two wheels off and took them to your tire guy in New Braunfels, we measured the offset & backspacing, it is definitely not standard a Corvette wheel, even though someone who should know told me it was. Between the hefty price of custom wheels, the unknown measurements of the healthy curve in the wheel spokes (to clear the caliper) and really wanting to stay stock I just kept the factory wheels.

Yes, they are BFG G-Force KDW NT tires. There is another post here on the Series 1 forum about the sizes, etc.

They are actually standard GM bolt pattern. Many of the Series 1 parts came from the GM parts bin. I have seen a set on an '02 Camaro and a set on an S10 truck. I'm guessing they might fit a Vette also.

They have stopped making tires in the correct size. You have to go with a slightly different size on them. John (CSX4350) just got some new tires for his 1. I think he said he went with BFG's, but don't hold me to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brandon,

Sounds like a worthy cause for sure. The issue with trying to sell your Shelby Series One rims is, they pretty much only fit the Series One. They stopped making the tires size for these rims also.

So, now your limited to people who have a Series One, and most of these cars have very low mileage and good rims still.

For the right price, I wouldn't mind having a spare set but, that is what they would be and odds are they will just stay in the box and take up more space.

If you really want to sell them, send me a private message or email me at rtgast@hotmail.com

Regards,

Randy

I apologize to everyone for not responding back sooner. I did not have the email notification setup right.

Thanks Randy I'll email you shortly I do need to sell these. It's hard starting your own business.

Archived