TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mini jack inside arm rest... what's it for?

venom

You just now found that????

Wow. Ok, yes. You are correct.

Yep. Funny but I just did find it. It was always dark in there and I never really looked very hard. It is on the side so it's kind of hard to see!

So do I have to buy a special "Apple" cord? Who sells those cheap?

I believe it's a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male....get it anywhere.

quote name='venom' timestamp='1297732966' post='1110891']

Yep. Funny but I just did find it. It was always dark in there and I never really looked very hard. It is on the side so it's kind of hard to see!

So do I have to buy a special "Apple" cord? Who sells those cheap?

No kidding!! I'm amazed at how many people don't read the OWNERS MANUAL!! :redcard:

I read my manual cover to cover but that was 2 years ago prior to me having an iPhone. I must have read it and forgot about it since I couldn't use. It happens

Guess it takes someone with enough time to make over 7,000 posts. :redcard:

Almost 10,000.... get it right. :rant2:

I've also been here longer than most. :shift:

But that still doesn't mean I can't take a few minutes to read up on the car I bought so I understand what an aux. jack is. :doh:

I've also drank more :koolaid: here than most. :shift:

But that still doesn't mean I can't take a few minutes to read up on the car I bought so I understand what an aux. jack is. :doh:

:dog:

• 2 weeks later...

small jack is it a screw type :hysterical:

Yes. You can play through either the USB or jack. The connection for the little jack hooks into the earphone jack of your device. With one you get recording info etc on nav screen, with the other its audio only.

I did it hardcore and loaded CDs into Jukebox. Once. Not again. Takes about 13 minutes for each CD. Makes for rather a lengthy job if you have a bunch of them.

I've also been here longer than most. :shift:

I thought you pre-paid and bought 7,000 posts to make it look like you were an expert here. :hysterical:

Was I the only one that found the sound quality sucks w/ the mini jack? I hooked up an old mini disc player/mp3 player to it and tried it for a few days....I wasn't impressed and just dumped a butt load of songs onto an MP3 disc and have been pleased ever since.

bit the bullet and got the lifetime sat radio too.

Haven't used the mini jack in 4 years now.

theres also another USB port on the backside of the Nav head...you can string a USB cable into the glove box if you wanted from that port.

"Another" USB port? Hang on, I don't have any USB port. Are we talking about a 2007-2009 with a USB port somewhere? I'd be REALLY interested in info on that. I have NAV so that might make a difference if you're talking about a car with non-NAV

:lurk:

Archived