TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm getting new tires

Cdvision

My car is booked in Monday to get Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110's installed. I've been contemplating the change recently and a punctured rear tire earlier this week has sealed the deal. I don't really feel confident driving on the track, at high speeds or on long road trips on a repaired tire. Once I get a chance to spend some time driving on them I'll report back with a summary.

My car is booked in Monday to get Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110's installed. I've been contemplating the change recently and a punctured rear tire earlier this week has sealed the deal. I don't really feel confident driving on the track, at high speeds or on long road trips on a repaired tire. Once I get a chance to spend some time driving on them I'll report back with a summary.

Nice! Sorry about the flat tire, though. That sucks. Tires are $$.

The Hankook tires served me well. They are clearly better than the stock Goodyears. I think you'll enjoy them!

The Hankook tires served me well. They are clearly better than the stock Goodyears. I think you'll enjoy them!

Yeah I've heard good things about the Hankooks. I hope the roads are dry on Monday as I want to burn off as much of those stock rear Goodyears as I can. Lol.

Will look forward to your report on how the car feels with the Hankook rubber underneath. Just out of curiosity, did you consider the Hankook R-s3 tires? What was it about the V12 evo that caused you to choose it?

take note of where he is located. tires are not $$ in CANADA they are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Tires are more money up here. But our dollar is on par with the US dollar and living in Vancouver (a port city) I found a place out here (Sorat Wheels & Tires) that was less than Tire Rack (shipping factored in) plus they mounted and balanced them. They also bought (stole. Lol) my stock Goodyears off me. Unfortunately it's pouring rain today so I only got to try them out in the rain.

Will look forward to your report on how the car feels with the Hankook rubber underneath. Just out of curiosity, did you consider the Hankook R-s3 tires? What was it about the V12 evo that caused you to choose it?

You can't get the R-S3's in the right size. Plus they are more than I wanted to spend. I know a couple of guys running the V12's that are pretty happy with them. So we'll see how they work out. It's looking like a wet week so I'll have to wait awhile to give them a good try on dry pavement.

It was a pretty nice day (49 degrees F) today not raining like the forcast said, so I got to take the beast out for a rip and try out the new tires. First thing I'll say is "Why didn't I do this sooner!!". I felt my car actually hook up in second gear for the first time. I did a nice smooth, quick clutch release in first, rolled on the throttle and with the tires trying to bite I shifted to second about 6000 rpm, got a nice solid bark out of the rear tires, then it hooked up and pulled hard until I shifted into third at 6000 rpm with another nice bark from the tires and she pulled hard. Punching it in second at 3000 rpm it pulls like mad. With the stock Goodyears punching it in second at 3000 rpm resulted on the tires breaking loose bad!! Under hard acceleration in the first 3 gears always it felt like the rear of the car was under marbles on the stock tires. Not so with the new Hankooks. I'd say this is the best mod I've done so far as it actually lets you put down the power you have MUCH better than the stock tires. Anyone that is running the stock Goodyear's on their car, do yourself a favor and get rid of them. At speed on off ramps the Hankooks also have very good grip and feel very stable. I'm very pleased that I changed out my tires!!

I'm running the Evo V12s on my Mach 1 and couldn't be happier. I can't believe how quiet they are and how smooth they ride. The steering response is great and the traction is very good. Compared to the stock GYRs and the Cooper Zeion 2XSs I had before, they are worlds ahead, and still very reasonable.

It was a pretty nice day (49 degrees F) today not raining like the forcast said, so I got to take the beast out for a rip and try out the new tires. First thing I'll say is "Why didn't I do this sooner!!". I felt my car actually hook up in second gear for the first time. I did a nice smooth, quick clutch release in first, rolled on the throttle and with the tires trying to bite I shifted to second about 6000 rpm, got a nice solid bark out of the rear tires, then it hooked up and pulled hard until I shifted into third at 6000 rpm with another nice bark from the tires and she pulled hard. Punching it in second at 3000 rpm it pulls like mad. With the stock Goodyears punching it in second at 3000 rpm resulted on the tires breaking loose bad!! Under hard acceleration in the first 3 gears always it felt like the rear of the car was under marbles on the stock tires. Not so with the new Hankooks. I'd say this is the best mod I've done so far as it actually lets you put down the power you have MUCH better than the stock tires. Anyone that is running the stock Goodyear's on their car, do yourself a favor and get rid of them. At speed on off ramps the Hankooks also have very good grip and feel very stable. I'm very pleased that I changed out my tires!!

Glad you like them! :)

so whats the size of these tires? Im looking to get some new rubber as well and looking at the nitto 555r

Same size as the stock tires- 255/40/19 front and 285/35/19 rear.

IMAG0046.jpg

I run V12 EVO K110s on my GT - 275 40-18 18x9.5 GT500 wheels. Hands down one of the best tires out there regardless of price.

At SAAC 35 I ran in a group with race cars on slicks. After a session, a guy with a Panoz spec racer came over to check my tires. He could not believe how well they stuck for street tires. I told him it was my mad driving skills cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...

hey man whats up? you might remenber me from allford mustangs....

How are these tires holding up? are they really hooking up alot better then the stockers,ever since reading this post thats all I can think of getting now.....

hey man whats up? you might remember me from allford mustangs....

How are these tires holding up? are they really hooking up alot better then the stockers,ever since reading this post thats all I can think of getting now.....

Hey!!

I'm pretty pleased with the tires. I can still blow them off at will in first gear (which will happen with any street tire in the stock size. Lol) But I can definitely roll on the throttle harder in first gear and have better bite. Also wheel spin when shifting into 2nd and 3rd gear is reduced considerably. Try 'em you'll like 'em!!

The softer compound also seems to offer a smoother, quieter ride than the stock Goodyears.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the review on the tires, Cdvision.

I can't believe that BF Goodrich still doesn't offer a tire in our size. I thought that they would release them a year after the 2010's came out. I really have got nothing but BF Goodrich tires for years and years. They seemed to really fit my driving needs.

Archived