TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350#84

glhs107

Hello All,

Recently purchased #84 from Tasca Ford in R.I. (525 HP, painted stipes and rear brake upgrade) and expect to pick up the car by next Saturday the 19th. I have previously owned a 1987 GLHS # 107 and a 2007 SGT and have always wanted a GT350 (1965) since I was 21 but could never afford one. Anyways, these cars are really impressive in person and they sound awesome. Will report back when I receive the car!

Hello All,

Recently purchased #84 from Tasca Ford in R.I. (525 HP, painted stipes and rear brake upgrade) and expect to pick up the car by next Saturday the 19th. I have previously owned a 1987 GLHS # 107 and a 2007 SGT and have always wanted a GT350 (1965) since I was 21 but could never afford one. Anyways, these cars are really impressive in person and they sound awesome. Will report back when I receive the car!

Congrats! Welcome to the club. Can't wait for your thoughts. Enjoy!

Congrats! Welcome to the club. Can't wait for your thoughts. Enjoy!

Thank you everyone I am very excited about the car and will share the delivery experience with you all. Tony, I am soooo sorry about your accident and have been following the progress of your experience. I think that you have given your daughter memories that will stay for her throughout her lifetime, surely something she will always remember with dad. I see that you live in "gods country" and perhaps we can hook up at some point.....my family is from Scranton ( I live in CT ) and P.A. is a great state. Would love to meet with you at some point and good luck with the car (by the way I had a boss 302 on deposit and let it go for the 350...are you still getting one??).

Thank you everyone I am very excited about the car and will share the delivery experience with you all. Tony, I am soooo sorry about your accident and have been following the progress of your experience. I think that you have given your daughter memories that will stay for her throughout her lifetime, surely something she will always remember with dad. I see that you live in "gods country" and perhaps we can hook up at some point.....my family is from Scranton ( I live in CT ) and P.A. is a great state. Would love to meet with you at some point and good luck with the car (by the way I had a boss 302 on deposit and let it go for the 350...are you still getting one??).

Thanks for the kind words about the accident. The more time that has past, the easier it is to appreciate that while I'm a car freak, it is just a car and I walked away. It is getting repaired and will be ripping up the asphalt by spring.

Nobody can ever take the trip from Amelia and I. It really was a special father daughter bonding event. She is quite the special 11 year old young lady. Now my boy (now 14) wants to know when his next trip with dad is gonna be. I was thinking Shelbyfest in Missouri but it does not look like I'll be able to make that one. I'm thinking of bringing him to the SVRA Vintage car weekend at Watkins Glen in September. I have been may times and it is a wonderful event.

I'm near Lancaster Pa so Scranton is about 3 hours from me. Invitation extended. Would love to have a GT350 event at my home some day. We could all chill, take a spirited jaunt on one of my favorite Amish Country circuits, get some pics with hopefully a half a dozen 350's on the property, then enjoy some adult beverages by the pool. I can wish right?

I am going ahead with the base boss 302. These 350's are really special and while I will still get her to the track now and again, I'd rather "beat" on the boss.

By the time your rock salt is washed away back home might be about the time my car is completed. Take a look at the Ponies in the Poconos event - even if you don't wanna track your beauty, it will still be a great event and it is not too far from you.

Bet you can't sleep.

Congrats on the car and good for you that you didnt have to endure the trial by patience waiting to get it! That obviously shows you are smarter than Tony and I and a few others still waiting!:hysterical:

Please do come to Pocono, there will be 4 or 5 GT350s there at the very least! happy%20feet.gif Tony may get his wish sooner than he thinks!

Congrats on the car and good for you that you didnt have to endure the trial by patience waiting to get it! That obviously shows you are smarter than Tony and I and a few others still waiting!:hysterical:

Please do come to Pocono, there will be 4 or 5 GT350s there at the very least! happy%20feet.gif Tony may get his wish sooner than he thinks!

Thank you everyone on the 350. Warren I am surely not smarter than you and Tony it was nothing more than dumb luck that this car was for sale and that it all worked out. I was not aware of the event at the Pocono's and will do some research to obtain more information. Sounds like both you and Tony are attending and it would be great to meet you both.

Ed.

Thanks for the kind words about the accident. The more time that has past, the easier it is to appreciate that while I'm a car freak, it is just a car and I walked away. It is getting repaired and will be ripping up the asphalt by spring.

Nobody can ever take the trip from Amelia and I. It really was a special father daughter bonding event. She is quite the special 11 year old young lady. Now my boy (now 14) wants to know when his next trip with dad is gonna be. I was thinking Shelbyfest in Missouri but it does not look like I'll be able to make that one. I'm thinking of bringing him to the SVRA Vintage car weekend at Watkins Glen in September. I have been may times and it is a wonderful event.

I'm near Lancaster Pa so Scranton is about 3 hours from me. Invitation extended. Would love to have a GT350 event at my home some day. We could all chill, take a spirited jaunt on one of my favorite Amish Country circuits, get some pics with hopefully a half a dozen 350's on the property, then enjoy some adult beverages by the pool. I can wish right?

I am going ahead with the base boss 302. These 350's are really special and while I will still get her to the track now and again, I'd rather "beat" on the boss.

By the time your rock salt is washed away back home might be about the time my car is completed. Take a look at the Ponies in the Poconos event - even if you don't wanna track your beauty, it will still be a great event and it is not too far from you.

Bet you can't sleep.

You are correct on the sleep....couple of hours a night at best since Thursday. Can't seem to shut the mind down about the 350. Will you be bringing your kids to the Pocono's? I have an 11 year old boy and 13 year old girl....not sure if either would be interested or even permitted to attend. Congrats on the Boss.....I really think it is going to be a great car and I wish that I could have "pulled" off getting both of them. Do you know when yours is scheduled to be built (mine was 1st qtr and had ordered white & black with all the options available....)? I will be very interested to get your thoughts on the car when you take delivery.

Boss will be ready in June. Going comp orange and white but will remove vinyl decals on the side and possibly paint the roof.

My son might come to the pocono event. He is 14. I have taken both of my kids to pocono track events many times. It is safe in garages and surrounding area (as safe as it can be with people backing in and out with helmets on)

Hello All,

Congrats! I live just a few miles away form Tasca and actually went there a couple of weeks ago to see this car up close but it was not around. There is plenty of snow so I'm guessing that they had in in the garage at the mod shop. I was expecting it to be on the show room floor.

I have one order and was seriously considering seeing this up close but I was conflicted. Do I spoil the surpirse to see it in person or wait until mine comes home?? Well...it seems that you buying it will most likely force me to wait until mine comes in. Probably better off.

Good luck!

Congrats! I live just a few miles away form Tasca and actually went there a couple of weeks ago to see this car up close but it was not around. There is plenty of snow so I'm guessing that they had in in the garage at the mod shop. I was expecting it to be on the show room floor.

I have one order and was seriously considering seeing this up close but I was conflicted. Do I spoil the surpirse to see it in person or wait until mine comes home?? Well...it seems that you buying it will most likely force me to wait until mine comes in. Probably better off.

Good luck!

The car was in the mod shop under cover. I had originally called about it when it was first posted but did not go up at that time and when I saw the car was sold on the website I contacted them to verify the sale. It was actually being shipped to Washington for the life time achievement award and the auto show. I put a deposit down to hold it until it game back (came back last Tuesday) and then I drove up on Thursday. Was not fully expecting to buy the car as I had a deposit on a Boss 302 but when they took me back to the mod shop and lifted off the car cover I was taken back at how good the car really looks in person. Then they fired it up and that was it.... I was done.... the exhaust is awesome! I spent the next couple of hours trying to work out a price and I bought it at 8:00 P.M. on Thursday night. I am picking it up sometime next week...possibly on Saturday depending upon work and the weather. It is good to know that you are close to C.T. and if you want to see it let me know. Any idea of when you think yours will be done? I know the wait must be pure torture but it will be all worth while.

Ed.

The car was in the mod shop under cover. I had originally called about it when it was first posted but did not go up at that time and when I saw the car was sold on the website I contacted them to verify the sale. It was actually being shipped to Washington for the life time achievement award and the auto show. I put a deposit down to hold it until it game back (came back last Tuesday) and then I drove up on Thursday. Was not fully expecting to buy the car as I had a deposit on a Boss 302 but when they took me back to the mod shop and lifted off the car cover I was taken back at how good the car really looks in person. Then they fired it up and that was it.... I was done.... the exhaust is awesome! I spent the next couple of hours trying to work out a price and I bought it at 8:00 P.M. on Thursday night. I am picking it up sometime next week...possibly on Saturday depending upon work and the weather. It is good to know that you are close to C.T. and if you want to see it let me know. Any idea of when you think yours will be done? I know the wait must be pure torture but it will be all worth while.

Ed.

Ed,

Thanks for description of events and good luck! I did not inquire about it when I stopped by Tasca a couple of weeks ago because I did not want to waste their time seeing I have one on order all ready. Also, I did not buy my base mustang GT from them and did not want to run into the sales rep again. My base car (#36) was delivered in December and I am hoping that it will be complete before June. Thanks for the offer to see your car, however, I think I am going to hold out until mine comes in. I want to have the same feeling that you experienced when the car cover was removed.

Although, once mine comes in it would be great to meet up some time since your in CT. Where in CT do live? There are probably very few GT350's in southern NE so it would be cool if we can meet up at local car shows etc.

Let us know what your first driving experiences are when you have them. We love hearing about that sort of thing!

Best,

Will

Thanks will I live just outside hartford which is about 90 minutes from tascaford. We will definetly have to get together as I am guessing there are no other 2011 350's in ct. Mustangs unlimited in Manchester ct has a Shelby show every year usually in may if you are interested. Maybe you will have your car by then which would be great. It is 9:20 here and I just got back from picking up the car. Tascaford offered to trailer it for me and bring it to ct so I went up today and finished all the paperwork. Now just have to wait for the snow to clear and the roads to be swept. I really think you are going to love the car my kids and wife all loved it and said this is the best looking mustang that I have had so far. Spring can't come fast enough.

Thanks will I live just outside hartford which is about 90 minutes from tascaford. We will definetly have to get together as I am guessing there are no other 2011 350's in ct. Mustangs unlimited in Manchester ct has a Shelby show every year usually in may if you are interested. Maybe you will have your car by then which would be great. It is 9:20 here and I just got back from picking up the car. Tascaford offered to trailer it for me and bring it to ct so I went up today and finished all the paperwork. Now just have to wait for the snow to clear and the roads to be swept. I really think you are going to love the car my kids and wife all loved it and said this is the best looking mustang that I have had so far. Spring can't come fast enough.

Congratulations Sir. I'm glad the family approves. Did you fire it up for them? :rant2:

Gonna be in the 60's here Friday so I'm trying to figure out how to get out early and get the 500 out. I need a fix!

Enjoy and be safe!

Yes we started it up and they all think the car sounds great..especially my son he has always wanted a viper and tonight he told me he wants this car.....and someday it will be his and or my daughters. Thanks for all the well wishes and have fun on Friday with the 500!

• 3 months later...

Ed,

Thanks for description of events and good luck! I did not inquire about it when I stopped by Tasca a couple of weeks ago because I did not want to waste their time seeing I have one on order all ready. Also, I did not buy my base mustang GT from them and did not want to run into the sales rep again. My base car (#36) was delivered in December and I am hoping that it will be complete before June. Thanks for the offer to see your car, however, I think I am going to hold out until mine comes in. I want to have the same feeling that you experienced when the car cover was removed.

Will, any news on your car...est. Eta? Hope it is soon for you.

Ed

Although, once mine comes in it would be great to meet up some time since your in CT. Where in CT do live? There are probably very few GT350's in southern NE so it would be cool if we can meet up at local car shows etc.

Let us know what your first driving experiences are when you have them. We love hearing about that sort of thing!

Best,

Will

having it shipped to colorado then to ri in the fall... i am just outside of the providence area... gt350 r rear brake upgrade, cooling package, stereo upgrade..and hopefully a short throw shifter...

What shifter and how much is it?

Not quite sure... i asked roger about them back in the fall. At that time they weren't available at that time. I asked if one was made before or during my built, that the car be upfitted with one. So now i wait and see. eta for the car was oct, jan, feb april and now within a week or two. my fingers are loosely crossed. preaching to the choir i know..... :soapbox::banghead:

Archived