TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Throttle Body upgrade???

NMAv

So I'm trying to piece my way through understanding how all the various modifications fit together to help build a faster, better handling mousetrap. So here is the status of things so far:

On the list in no particular order:

Smaller SC pulley 2.6 or there abouts.

Pulley tensioner

New plugs - small gap

New tune

Engine Strut tower brace

Better tires for traction

Some type of additoinal handling package (still thinking that through)

Should I look at replacing the throttle body as well - something around 65mm vs the standard 60 mm that comes on the 2011? Is the stock 60 mm suffiicent or will air flow be a bottle neck. Also I see Ford Racing has one and several different sponsors offer them. Recommendations/thoughts. I've ready anywhere from 8 to 25 hp gains with going larger. The price is pretty expensive however.

My goal is to get around 650 HP without having to change the SC.

Contact Justin @ VMP> Vendor sponsor.

http://www.vmptuning...&parent=88&pg=1

650HP = 550 to 575 RWHP considering parasitic drivetrain loss @ 12-15%

You will need to consider the following:

1. Yes, bigger TB

2. Bigger hi-flow inlet elbow plenum, and then port match it to the stock SC

This should get you 650HP

HP = cost money. spend.gif

A throttle body is one of the last mods you want to get. A larger TB will only be effective when you are flowing more air i.e. pulley, upgraded supercharger, etc. If you put a larger TB on a stock motor gains will be very minimal...certainly not noticable on a 550hp motor. The stock TB is well able to handle 600+ rwhp with smooth idle and operation.

I agree with contacting Justin of VMP .... that said ... with a lower and upper pulley .... a HI flow inlet and larger TB .... should get u close to your goal.

Justin can advise you if you need the TB with just the upper pulley or if it would be cost effect vs the HP gains you would achieve with it

Can't go wrong with VMP!!! Quality parts and great service from Justin. Have also had a great experience with JLT. Can't comment on others as I have not used them yet. Either one should be able to get you to your goals easily. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Contact Justin @ VMP> Vendor sponsor.

http://www.vmptuning...&parent=88&pg=1

2. Bigger hi-flow inlet elbow plenum, and then port match it to the stock SC

This should get you 650HP

HP = cost money. spend.gif

What does port matching entail. From what I can tell it is the process of grinding the inlet to be teh same size as the new plenum???

So I'm trying to piece my way through understanding how all the various modifications fit together to help build a faster, better handling mousetrap. So here is the status of things so far:

On the list in no particular order:

Smaller SC pulley 2.6 or there abouts.

Pulley tensioner

New plugs - small gap

New tune

Engine Strut tower brace

Better tires for traction

Some type of additoinal handling package (still thinking that through)

Should I look at replacing the throttle body as well - something around 65mm vs the standard 60 mm that comes on the 2011? Is the stock 60 mm suffiicent or will air flow be a bottle neck. Also I see Ford Racing has one and several different sponsors offer them. Recommendations/thoughts. I've ready anywhere from 8 to 25 hp gains with going larger. The price is pretty expensive however.

My goal is to get around 650 HP without having to change the SC.

I GOT 581 RWHP ON MY 2010 with the cj65mm tb/ frpp svt 1 axle backs and 2.6 pulley with a john lund tune.This will give you about 650 hp w/o matching any plenum and the stock blower

Archived