TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, wing and more

Tucker

Now you can complete your carbon look.

Many of you have purchases the front splitter and side rockers, now we have the rear Diffuser for the 2010-11 to complete the look. (sorry 07-09 guys, your bumper is one piece and you would need a "stick on" cover)

We have also added a few more CF parts to the site, so take a look and let me know if you have any questions. Click the links for more info and pictures of each product.

2010-11 Mustang Rear Diffuser $1099.

Rear%20Carbon%202010-11_2.jpg

Carbon Fiber 2010-11 Rear Wing $599

TC10025-DCA42KR-2%20rear%20wing.jpg

Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser Splitters $149.

smIMG_1362.JPG

Thanks for looking

Jay

Now you can complete your carbon look.

Carbon Fiber 2010-11 Rear Wing $599

TC10025-DCA42KR-2%20rear%20wing.jpg

Is that a carbon fiber TRUNK LID I spy, or just a cover?

If it's a lid, what is the difference in weight vs. the OE steel lid????

The rear side splitters look interesting. Do the stick out more than the side splitters or the same (to complete the look)? From the photo, it looks like they stick out MORE.

Phill

Is that a carbon fiber TRUNK LID I spy, or just a cover?

If it's a lid, what is the difference in weight vs. the OE steel lid????

The rear side splitters look interesting. Do the stick out more than the side splitters or the same (to complete the look)? From the photo, it looks like they stick out MORE.

Phill

Yes, I'm getting them on the site too.

Full Carbon tup and bottom side $899

I don't have the weight, but will get it.

The side rear splitters stick out to the CF splash guards, which are 1" larger then stock. They match the side rocker splitters as well (on my site)

Thanks

Jay

I'm not sure what your reading, but at JLT, we stand behind our product and the products we sell.

You post is uncalled for and should be removed. We are a supporting vendor here and this is a thread telling members about parts we offer that were requested.

If you think they are expensive, I'm sorry, but "real" carbon fiber parts are expensive to make and these parts are very big.

Hundreds of members here have these and other parts by Tru Carbon and are very happy, so please remove your post as it is just plain un true

Thank you

Jay

Jay is a honest businessman. I have the front splitter and rockers from trucarbon that I bought thru Jay. I was sent a piece where the fit was not perfect and Jay made it right. Remember, the pieces are shipped directly from trucarbon so JLT does not have a chance to inspect the parts. I have had many smooth transactions with JLT.

I'm really liking the CF parts all around the car... How close of a match are the CF parts to the OEM parts in terms of the front splitter, side rockers, and rear diffuser? The front Splitter looks a lot like the SS splitter.... is it a close match? I'm trying to keep my car looking as stock as possible (or a bit like an SS) while also getting rid of the cheesy plastic. Also what happens with rock chips? Does the CF part dry out and crack in the sun?

I'm really liking the CF parts all around the car... How close of a match are the CF parts to the OEM parts in terms of the front splitter, side rockers, and rear diffuser? The front Splitter looks a lot like the SS splitter.... is it a close match? I'm trying to keep my car looking as stock as possible (or a bit like an SS) while also getting rid of the cheesy plastic. Also what happens with rock chips? Does the CF part dry out and crack in the sun?

Good questions. Last thing want is to invest 2k for the front sides and rear only to have it pit, fade, dry out, etc.. I don't think it does but can someone who knows or has these parts chime in.

Jay, I was looking at the CF parts on your web page. The pictures show the TruCarbon logo on them. Are they shipped that way and can it be removed? Also, will you be offering the rear without the difusers? Need to give my wife the valentines gift list and the CF parts will be on it.

No, they do not come with the logo on them.

No, they will only be doing this option on the diffuser.

I assume you mean match as in size and shape? The front and sides are exactly the same as stock, the rear diffuser is slightly deeper on the fins to give a more aggressive look. Barely noticable unless your looking for it.

All Carbon Fiber uses a UV protected clear coat to not fade. Just like any car part, if it's on a black top parking lot in AZ all supper it's going to fade with the rest of the car, but for 99% of us, these cars are garaged and driven limited miles. They will last as long as the rest of the car.

Will the 10-11 wing fit without drilling on the 07-09????

No, totally different shape to the trunk.

• 1 month later...

Mine are in the mail as well. Looking forward to them a lot. Transaction was great. Waiting to see the product but I'm confident I'll be pleased. I was trying to imagine what the rear diffuser part would look like painted in Kona with just the diffuser fins left as CF. That's a route I'm considering (though I'm wondering if it would be a bit of a waste of money to cover up that beautiful cf), as well as getting a small bit of SVT-style striping to extend down a bit further.

2010-ford-shelby-GT500-super-snake-rear-three-quarters-view-passenger.jpg

Mine are in the mail as well. Looking forward to them a lot. Transaction was great. Waiting to see the product but I'm confident I'll be pleased. I was trying to imagine what the rear diffuser part would look like painted in Kona with just the diffuser fins left as CF. That's a route I'm considering (though I'm wondering if it would be a bit of a waste of money to cover up that beautiful cf), as well as getting a small bit of SVT-style striping to extend down a bit further.

2010-ford-shelby-GT500-super-snake-rear-three-quarters-view-passenger.jpg

See, I think that sounds great.

CF is very nice by itself, but I love it when people paint it and leave some showing.

Let me know

Jay

Archived