TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can you still rent one

mrdci

Just wondering if you can still rent one. I am planning a trip to Vegas and was thinking it would be a nice rental car while driving out to the see the Shelby Factory.

Just wondering if you can still rent one. I am planning a trip to Vegas and was thinking it would be a nice rental car while driving out to the see the Shelby Factory.

When I went there, I waited too long and missed the opportunity (none available) . I would call the Hertz dealers there well in advance. Another thing to consider: these cars are sold after reaching around 12k-15k miles, so depending on when they took delivery, you may be out of luck as they might have been auctioned off already.

Let us know how you make out!

• 7 months later...

I saw a whole bunch of them being rented out in Fort Lauderdale at the Hollywood airport.

When I got to South Beach there were two I spotted on Washington Ave and Deco Drive.

Two weeks later on another trip to Miami I saw yet another one downtown Miami.

--Russ

Just got back from Atlanta last weekend. I reserved a regular Mustang convertible 2 months in advance with Hertz and was excited about driving around town in it. When we arrived the car in my rental space was a toyota convertible. After my husband spent 15 minutes explaining to the Hertz agent that a Toyota convertible would not cut it for me they pulled up a white Mustang. Yippee i thought! But then they pulled up the GT-H right behind it and it was all over. We negotiated an unbelievable price of $95/day for 5 days and it has changed my life. My order for a new 2008 Shelby GT was placed this morning. My husband told me I don't need to buy everything I rent/test drive but I strongly disagree. Everytime I watch the video of me in that car, I get goosbumps and stomach flutters. I can't wait to get my very own in Dec!!!!!!!

Just got back from Atlanta last weekend. I reserved a regular Mustang convertible 2 months in advance with Hertz and was excited about driving around town in it. When we arrived the car in my rental space was a toyota convertible. After my husband spent 15 minutes explaining to the Hertz agent that a Toyota convertible would not cut it for me they pulled up a white Mustang. Yippee i thought! But then they pulled up the GT-H right behind it and it was all over. We negotiated an unbelievable price of $95/day for 5 days and it has changed my life. My order for a new 2008 Shelby GT was placed this morning. My husband told me I don't need to buy everything I rent/test drive but I strongly disagree. Everytime I watch the video of me in that car, I get goosbumps and stomach flutters. I can't wait to get my very own in Dec!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new shelby, hope it arrives soon for you :happy feet:

Thanks! The story gets better. One day we drove her north of ATL to the highest point in GA (approx 2 hr drive). At one red light approx 30 min north of ATL I was asked to "open her up" by the owner of an SS (not sure what that is but that's what the husband is calling it). So of course I did. We were pacing each other for a few miles around, well let's just say it was fast. OMG FUN!!!! Then a half-hour later an 80's mustang and I were revving engines at another red light. We also had some fast fun together. People love that car!! Then there was the guy in the passenger side of a pickup truck whose neck I was sure would spin 360 degrees as we drove by and the young barefooted boy who couldn't stop telling me what a nice car I had while we were in the parking lot of that highest point in GA. Finally when I was forced to return her to Hertz the guy checking the cars in didn't think it was a Hertz rental car. After he realized it was and my husband asked if we could get a luggage cart somewhere he said, get back in and I'll drive you to the airport drop off, I need to drive this car. I replied, OK, thats a deal BUT I'll drive us there - you can drive her back. How's that for service!!!!!!

Archived