TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Watts Link availabilty?

Robert Sattur

I'm looking at these and wondering what is the advantage of the design? The billet is nice but the ends appear to be bolted which would seem to be the 'weakest link'.....(sorry, couldn't help myself!). If there is a weight advantage without loss of strength, I can understand but no numbers have been published (including price). In fact, no reason for going to this new design has been published to the best of my recollection. Robert??

I read it saves two pounds. It looks good!

Absolutely right I goofed, my excitement got the best of me. We shipped the center pivot bolts for the steel version by mistake. The correct 3.75 inch bolts where overnighted to the Shelby plant today. Enjoy.

so Jim, i got mine the day before yesterday do i need the correct bolts???

gorgeous unit by the way!!!!

• 1 month later...

Absolutely right I goofed, my excitement got the best of me. We shipped the center pivot bolts for the steel version by mistake. The correct 3.75 inch bolts where overnighted to the Shelby plant today. Enjoy.

I received my Shelby billet watts link today, yeah! happy%20feet.gif

But .... apparently Shelby didn't replace the 3.0" bolts with the 3.75" bolts??? rant2.gif

I need a 3.75" bolt ASAP.

Help!

post-11161-0-79206200-1303265368_thumb.jpeg

post-11161-0-79206200-1303265368_thumb.jpeg

Will the Watts Links (either of them) fit/clear the Shelby Axle girdle? I put that on when I made the changed to 4:10s and currently have the pan hard rod relocation bracket, but would someday like to upgrade to the Watts Link. Ignore this I see the answer in an earlier post.

I received my Shelby billet watts link today, yeah! happy%20feet.gif

But .... apparently Shelby didn't replace the 3.0" bolts with the 3.75" bolts??? rant2.gif

I need a 3.75" bolt ASAP.

Help!

Hey sorry about this! Can you email me your order number? I can get you the right one out right away... THX

Archived