TEAM SHELBY FORUM

help-with terlingua

redlicktrout

I guess the termination of the Genuine Terlingua S197 line is not a license to adopt any of the performance parameters and graphics goodies.

I would dearly like to have a Genuine Terlingua, but in the absence of new progeny from that line, I'd settle for a fair copy.

If I were Mr Shelby, I'd consider selling licenses to use the Terlingua template - both performance and graphic aspects - with restrictions in some area that will make identification of a Genuine Terlingua as distinct from a Terlingua Fair Copy. Perhaps allowing only dark metallic gray stripes and Lucifers would be satisfactory. I'd be tempted to create a bank account and start saving for the license and paint, for that one.

Wait! An even more distinctive difference might be to license Terlingua FCs only on the GT/V8 platform! That should be an easy characteristic to recognize!

I guess the termination of the Genuine Terlingua S197 line is not a license to adopt any of the performance parameters and graphics goodies.

I would dearly like to have a Genuine Terlingua, but in the absence of new progeny from that line, I'd settle for a fair copy.

If I were Mr Shelby, I'd consider selling licenses to use the Terlingua template - both performance and graphic aspects - with restrictions in some area that will make identification of a Genuine Terlingua as distinct from a Terlingua Fair Copy. Perhaps allowing only dark metallic gray stripes and Lucifers would be satisfactory. I'd be tempted to create a bank account and start saving for the license and paint, for that one.

Wait! An even more distinctive difference might be to license Terlingua FCs only on the GT/V8 platform! That should be an easy characteristic to recognize!

:lurk::mademyday:

• 3 months later...

I am curious about your car. Can you post more pics and give us more details. What year is your car?

Here it is now, what do you think? If you go to www.cardomain.com and search 244cidstang I have all of the mods. Its got a Paxton with a Vortec intercooler, C&L radiator, all of the usual Terlingua modifications and a few extra. Long tube headers, off road H pipe, Metal core racing cats and Borla stinger mufflers. Any questions just ask.

post-32605-0-70782000-1316575415_thumb.jpg

post-32605-0-70782000-1316575415_thumb.jpg

Here it is now, what do you think? If you go to www.cardomain.com and search 244cidstang I have all of the mods. Its got a Paxton with a Vortec intercooler, C&L radiator, all of the usual Terlingua modifications and a few extra. Long tube headers, off road H pipe, Metal core racing cats and Borla stinger mufflers. Any questions just ask.

Very nice!

David

• 3 months later...

Its been a while but I want to add that while the package is not continued they have replacement parts and if you want to convert your car and you talk to the right people they will put the parts on for you or you can purchase them. This is what I did and though I do not have a CSM the car is the same thing and runs like a little rocket ship. It really is unfortunate but the new package they do looks like an updated Terlingua so you really could create your own and still get the csm. I of course added my own exhaust before the blower and am about to install a T5 with racing gears with better ratios and a chromoly drive shaft, and carbon clutch.

Same here, it was the only real Shelby that could have made its way into my budget. I was really hoping to be able to grab one of these, wish they still offered them, I wanted a red one. Oh well, things change I guess, time to start saving for that GTS package. :(

Archived