TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 - Which wheels to choose - pics inside

buck24

Hi Guys,

Want to introduce myself, I recently traded in my 07 GT500 and purchased a 2011 GT500. I previously purchased True Forged Chicanes for my 07 and they looked fantastic on that car. I bought the new car with the intent of doing the same, thinking that they would look great on the new car. Needless to say I took some time this weekend to throw the TF on one side and took some pictures to compare. I am a bit up in the air on what to do, I know that wheels and looks are all subjective but from my perspective the TF wheels take away from the overall car, people may look at it and say, wow nice wheels, instead of focusing on the car, it's all about the overall look on a car for me and how everything ties together. That being said I think Ford did a great job on this 2011 and the only wheel I would consider switching out the SVT ones for are the black Alcoas. Anyhow I wanted to post up some pictures to get everyone's thoughts and opinions. Thanks so much and looking forward to adding to an already unreal forum.

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0425-1.jpg

IMG_0426-1.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

Here is the old car

IMG_0405.jpg

Love the color and congrats on the new ride. I am gonna be no help with this one, I spent 15 minutes staring at the different pics and its pretty close. I am leaning more towards the stock wheels, normally I like upgraded wheels on Stangs but the GT 500 wheels are awesome. Switch them every month or sell them and make the car faster! :happy feet: Welcome to the greatest forum on earth!

Thanks guys, I am currently having a friend photoshop the True Forged black so we'll see what happens. More importantly, I have a C&R heat exchanger and pulley ready to go on for the summer so it wont be staying stock for long :). I just hate the thought that I am going to lose the money on the wheels but this car disease is incurable.

It is a great forum, everyone seems to be very helpful.

In my view, the Chicanes win hands down.

I agree. I expecially like how they match the "Cobra" more on the fender. Being the Cobra is already silver it would be much more complimentary. Of course, bright silver is a virtual nuetral color and would look good on almost any vehicle. I think black would be way to dark for Kona Blue. Black would be great on silver, white or black since these are more nuetral colors. This just being my opiion and I know not all will agree. Just do what makes you happy and don't put to much bearing on other opinions.

Buck, were it available, would you consider a polished version of the '11 SVT PP wheel?

Hi Tob,

If it were available I would still pick the pewter grey like I have. I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm keeping the stockers and may have them widened at some point for the eventual added HP. The TF are a work of are though and if anyone is interested please let me know.

Yes, I live in Ashburn currently, you too I see?

Yes, I know we can't complain too bad about weather but I got my car late November and only got to put on about 100 miles before it was in the garage. I am itching for the roads to clear to get out and have some fun. I'm thinking at least another 6 weeks :(

I'm going to have to go with the SVTPP wheels... I especially like the way the color shifts from an almost black to a bright silver in the right light...

11Shelby013.jpg

Ford made an awesome choice for this car... :rockon:

I think the Chicanes would look great if they were maybe powder coated a gloss black... (just a thought..):burnout:

Archived