TEAM SHELBY FORUM

gt500 car cover weatherproof?

foolio2k4

Hey all, im looking to get the gt500 car cover and had some questions about it.

Is it waterproof/weatherproof?

Does it have a tiedown to lock to the car?

I don't think it's at all "weatherproof". It is a cloth material of some sort. But I'm not sure what you mean by WEATHERproof...I can tell you for sure it's not WATERproof though.

I put mine on my car ONE TIME during a quick incoming storm and the wind kept blowing it off. After about 3 or 4 times of putting it back on, I pulled it off and stuck it in the trunk.

It has two plastic gommets on either side, along the lower edge near the middle/doors. I have a car cover lock that is a cable with a metal piece on one end to put a small padlock through. I had it on during the wind storm and all it did was keep the cover from blowing away down the block.

It *would* slow a thief down though.

HTH,

Phill

Hey all, im looking to get the gt500 car cover and had some questions about it.

Is it waterproof/weatherproof?

Does it have a tiedown to lock to the car?

thanks.

Which car cover are you speaking about, the one from SPP?

If so I would say NO to both questions and no lock, perhaps you could call SPP.

I have one and would say I think it would do better to protect from dust/etc. And it has no lock as that was one of my first questions after getting it but it looks great!

thank you for your answers. I was mainly referring to the one that comes with the gt500.

I ask this because i park my car on the street. The sprinklers go on every night and leaves hard water stains. So i want a cover that can be waterproof. I also plan on getting a hood with huge vents. I'd like to cover it so water doesnt seep into the engine and electronics.

thank you for your answers. I was mainly referring to the one that comes with the gt500.

I ask this because i park my car on the street. The sprinklers go on every night and leaves hard water stains. So i want a cover that can be waterproof. I also plan on getting a hood with huge vents. I'd like to cover it so water doesnt seep into the engine and electronics.

Gotcha, I didn't know the GT500 now comes with a cover as I didn't get one with my 2007.

Forgive me for stating the obvious but a garage works wonders. :)

Yes i used to keep it in a garage until i moved. Now the garage is in the back and the alleyway is much too narrow to get it in and out. Huge hassle and high chance to scratch the sides of the car.

Holy cow! What a horrible dilemma!

Archived