TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Squirrely Steering

Madlock

I jailbroke my GT500 for an hour or so today during a brief warm(er) weather window when the roads were also mostly dry.

In driving it for the first time in several weeks, I noticed what I had first detected before putting the car into storage - times when the steering seemed downright squirrely. I'm not talking about curves or any sort of performance driving, but even driving on straights at normal speeds or even in traffic. It's as if the EPAS has become hypersensitive - something that's even harder to discern without the surety of feedback a hydraulic steering unit provides.

This isn't in the rear end, this is all up-front. I checked the tire pressure, and all were bang-on between 35 and 36 on all four corners. Has anybody experienced something similar?

I jailbroke my GT500 for an hour or so today during a brief warm(er) weather window when the roads were also mostly dry.

In driving it for the first time in several weeks, I noticed what I had first detected before putting the car into storage - times when the steering seemed downright squirrely. I'm not talking about curves or any sort of performance driving, but even driving on straights at normal speeds or even in traffic. It's as if the EPAS has become hypersensitive - something that's even harder to discern without the surety of feedback a hydraulic steering unit provides.

This isn't in the rear end, this is all up-front. I checked the tire pressure, and all were bang-on between 35 and 36 on all four corners. Has anybody experienced something similar?

There was a TSB out for a recalibration of the electric steering if a customer was reporting erratic steering feel. There was a forum topic on it, a quick search should locate the thread

TSB 10-16-4..................." GT 500 built on or before 8/2/2010................may exhibit steering wheel shudder under heavy breaking, steering wheel nibble, or a drift / pull condition " The dealership can fix with a re-program of the EPAS !!

Archived