TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SVT Package tires

Ar Cobra500

I have to admit, I'm totally confused. Talked to SVT Ford today about going 20 inch rims all around. That didn't seem to be a subject they were in favor of and suggested I call Tire Rack. I can't believe they put the Goodyear's on the car knowing they only work above 50 degrees.

I want a tire and rim set for winter use, and I'll accept the other as summer use only. What is the solution? I thought 20 inch all around, but the SVT rep wasn't too enamored with that. If you have this set up what have you done? I'm tired of walking past my car because it's cold. BS!

Any solutions? Ideas? What are you running? I'll settle for 2 sets of tires and rims, just don't know where to go. Hard to find matching rims in 19 for the front and 20 for the rear, much less trying to find tires. The SVT idea was narrow tires for "plowing" through the snow. Come ON! I just want to drive the car!

I'm searching for a pair of the PP 20's for the front of my car knowing that they don't fit. They hit the brake caliper necessitating a spacer.

Well that's a bummer they don't fit. The F/R offset is that significant?

I have to admit, I'm totally confused. Talked to SVT Ford today about going 20 inch rims all around. That didn't seem to be a subject they were in favor of and suggested I call Tire Rack. I can't believe they put the Goodyear's on the car knowing they only work above 50 degrees.

I want a tire and rim set for winter use, and I'll accept the other as summer use only. What is the solution? I thought 20 inch all around, but the SVT rep wasn't too enamored with that. If you have this set up what have you done? I'm tired of walking past my car because it's cold. BS!

Any solutions? Ideas? What are you running? I'll settle for 2 sets of tires and rims, just don't know where to go. Hard to find matching rims in 19 for the front and 20 for the rear, much less trying to find tires. The SVT idea was narrow tires for "plowing" through the snow. Come ON! I just want to drive the car!

I'm running four 2005-11 Mustang Ford Racing Black Track Pack Wheel -19X9 M-1007-DC199B with 275/35/19 LM-25 Bizzaks Tirerack close outs and Tirerack TPMS sensors all the way around.

My thinking: I wanted 19s, I need a study rim that is easy to replace if damaged with these crappy boston roads. Same size is nice as I can rotate front to back when I wear the rears down.

Well, days later......

1. Tire Rack's sales people are rude unless you're ready to place an order.

2. Local tire dealers are pretty much clueless.

3. Thank you to whoever sent the tire size calculator.

4. Found Motorsport Bullits with the Proxes package. 20 by 8.5 fronts, 20 by 10 rear wheels. 1% size change in the front, 3% in the rear. At 60 mph on the speedo, 61 mph.

5.Guys at Cruizin Concepts Wholesale were very helpful.

6. Can't wait to drive again. 9 inches of snow today, 60 degrees Saturday. Love that Arkansas weather. ;>)

Oh yeah, if you have the Continentals, consider yourself very lucky. Pretty much a back order item cause everybody wants them. One shop said they average 5 calls a day wanting them. They don't have them and don't know when they will.

Oh yeah, if you have the Continentals, consider yourself very lucky. Pretty much a back order item cause everybody wants them. One shop said they average 5 calls a day wanting them. They don't have them and don't know when they will.

What model of the Continentals are on backorder?

Archived