TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 CARLISLE SHELBY REUNION

GT50040th

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012GT500 I see your from west Virginia to. What part of West virginia are you from? I'm from the Martinsburg area also plan on going Friday and Saturday.

Thanks Tom

I'm actually in martinsburg a's well. I'm going to try to get off of work Friday to go up both days but it will probably only be Saturday for me. Maybe we can ride back together Saturday if you want. Let me know

Great!

Team Shelby is going to dominate Carlisle!

Was just out at the showgrounds doing a little planning and a highlight for TS owners who make the primary area will be a massively easier entrance/exit to the show. Those who have to be parked in the alternate area will have to go through the normal gate. So, 3000 cars go through the main gate and the TS cars go through our own "gate" kind of like a VIP entrance. This WILL fill up long before half of the cars are parked for the show.

I keep repeating myself but again here is my PSA : Be there early! On Saturday you should plan to arrive 7-730ish because there will be the usual bottlenecks getting the last mile or so to the show.

If you have questions at all PM/email GT50040th or myself.

Andy

Great!

Team Shelby is going to dominate Carlisle!

Was just out at the showgrounds doing a little planning and a highlight for TS owners who make the primary area will be a massively easier entrance/exit to the show. Those who have to be parked in the alternate area will have to go through the normal gate. So, 3000 cars go through the main gate and the TS cars go through our own "gate" kind of like a VIP entrance. This WILL fill up long before half of the cars are parked for the show.

I keep repeating myself but again here is my PSA : Be there early! On Saturday you should plan to arrive 7-730ish because there will be the usual bottlenecks getting the last mile or so to the show.

If you have questions at all PM/email GT50040th or myself.

Andy

Hey Andy just what time do the gates open on Saturday morning? I'll get up nice and early to make the run.... watching the sunrise in my mirrors.

I'll be up Friday evening so it wont be a problem to arrive early. If we check in friday night we can have everything we need for Saturday ahead of time, correct? or will it all be mailed to us?

Yep, as long as you are pre-registered you will have your passes, window sticker and show credentials mailed to you several weeks before the show so you can just drive right up to our area.

Will we be able to become paid Team Shelby members at the event? I've been meaning to do it but I keep reading how it takes like 3 months to get anything back. Would be nice if we could sign up at the show and get our membership stuff right there.

Will we be able to become paid Team Shelby members at the event? I've been meaning to do it but I keep reading how it takes like 3 months to get anything back. Would be nice if we could sign up at the show and get our membership stuff right there.

You will be able to sign up to be a Team Shelby member at Carlisle.

We're working on getting membership start up stuff at the event so you don't have to wait for it in the mail :mail:

See you in Carlisle

You will be able to sign up to be a Team Shelby member at Carlisle.

We're working on getting membership start up stuff at the event so you don't have to wait for it in the mail :mail:

See you in Carlisle

Awesome thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-registration last until May 2nd. Once that closes the show credentials will be mailed out. They usually arrive 3rd week of May.

My only regret is that the show only lasts 3 days. There will be so many things to see I have no idea how to even see them all in 3 days.

A big :salute: to John Keller who took this from an invitational display of GT500KRs to one of the largest and most exciting Shelby reunions in history.

Pre-registration last until May 2nd. Once that closes the show credentials will be mailed out. They usually arrive 3rd week of May.

My only regret is that the show only lasts 3 days. There will be so many things to see I have no idea how to even see them all in 3 days.

A big :salute: to John Keller who took this from an invitational display of GT500KRs to one of the largest and most exciting Shelby reunions in history.

Thanks Andy, wouldn’t have been possible without your help and vision on the KR invitational. I can't wait till Carlisle :yahoo:

Awesome! I'm glad I saw this. I'm only an hour north of Carlisle and usually go to 2 or 3 shows per year. This will be my first

Ford Nationals though. See you guys there!

Oooooh, sorry, no Phillies fans permitted on the show field. :redcard:

See you there!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After meeting with Andy and the Carlisle people today at the Carlisle grounds I’m really getting excited about the event :yahoo: Latest updates Shelby American, their hauler and crew will be there. We are adding a Shelby car show with awards for Team Shelby members. We are also working on adding a Team Shelby party within our space at Carlisle with a band and food :party2: Please post your thoughts on the party there would have to be a charge to cover the expenses I’m thing $20.00 per head may cover.

If cars are brought in to the team shelby area on fri can they be safely left there for the three days. Will there be over night security

If cars are brought in to the team shelby area on fri can they be safely left there for the three days. Will there be over night security

You can leave them overnight at the show and there will be overnight security. They do a very good job of patroling and the local PD makes constant checks on everything so it shouldn't be a problem.

Archived