TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 CARLISLE SHELBY REUNION

GT50040th

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The KR Invitational cars have to "stay put" for the entire 3 days since they will be set up in a display building.

Any other TS cars that are pre-registered and have secured a spot are free to come and go as they please.

Some owners come 1, some 2 and others all 3 days. It's entirely up to you. The registration is for all 3 days so it's one fee for the whole show and you can decide when to come.

If you pre-register I would recommend being there no later than 8AM as the primary spot is VALUABLE real estate and will fill up within an hour of gates opening each morning. By 8 AM or so expect a loong wait as the streets to the show will back up quick. The same goes for leaving: I'd recommend planning on staying until 6PM Fri or Sat and noon Sunday as "rush hour" for leaving the show is from 4-6 and you will spend an hour literally moving 50 feet. Once the cars move out after 6PM you can be out of the show in 2 minutes :shift:

This only applies to Carlisle in general and since so much is happening with TS at the show and member events are still being finalized along with special vehicles and a *few* surprises :happy feet: I can't accurately predict yet what each day will be like for the TS reunion. So as member events are announced ( By John -GT50040th) for the show and items are finalized we can get you a better picture of each day's events.

But in the meantime, historically Carlisle looks like this ( based on good weather):

Friday: gates open at 7AM show starts filling at 8AM and by 9 it's pretty full. About 2,200 cars show on Friday and it's more "informal" as some small clubs park together and there is no judging or voting on Friday. This is a great time to see Ford's display, the SAI display and the manufacture's midway for mods and goodies.

Saturday: Busiest day and the main day for the show. Cars will be lined up at the gates at 7AM and by 8AM it gets pretty busy. About 2,600 to 3,000 cars show on Saturday. This is the most structured day and cars are required to park in the assigned areas as judging/voting takes place from about 11 AM to 2 PM. This is THE day to be at the show if you are only planning to come one day. Burnout contest and other major events happen on Saturday. New to this year Ford show is the street party and parade. This is first year for the Fords to be able to do this. Normally this is only held for the corvette show but so many owners requested it that it will also take place for the Fords show. It's limited to 400 cars who indicate on the pre-reg form that they want to be included in it. It's a long, awesome day with cars attending that you will probably will never see again ever.

Sunday is a relaxed day and the show wraps up around noon. Expect about 1,700 cars and this is the day the class winners are announced and awards are given out. Another great day to shop for stuff as vendors like to blow stuff out at the end of the show.

Hope this helps and the above will be probably change a bit as TS member events are finalized and announced by John.

~Andy

Thanks for the update guys - getting there early for me is not an issue, I'm an early morning person anyway. Any idea how many Shelbys of any year will show?

In the past, on a non-special event regular Carlisle Ford National show about 100 + Shelbys are there. On a good weather big Shelby reunion like this : FAR more ( think more Shelbys than you've ever seen in one place before). Of course this all weather dependent but based on the response so far I can say we should expect at least double that and quite possibly far more.

Traditionally there are more current Shelbys than vintage by about a 2 to 1 ratio. Also, I counted 14 GTHs alone last year and 6 SuperSnakes not counting the inside display cars. And expect 6 to 8 ORIGINAL Cobras... some real time machines!

Anyone staying in Mechanicsburg just down the Rd? I was considering the Windgate at $126/nite, with AAA disc. Where are others staying?

A bunch of us Shelby/Mach 1 owners stay at the Homewood Suites in Mechanicsburg every year under the M1R (Mach 1 Registry).We all cruise in together in the AM Sat. & Sunday .

Chris

In the past, on a non-special event regular Carlisle Ford National show about 100 + Shelbys are there. On a good weather big Shelby reunion like this : FAR more ( think more Shelbys than you've ever seen in one place before). Of course this all weather dependent but based on the response so far I can say we should expect at least double that and quite possibly far more.

Traditionally there are more current Shelbys than vintage by about a 2 to 1 ratio. Also, I counted 14 GTHs alone last year and 6 SuperSnakes not counting the inside display cars. And expect 6 to 8 ORIGINAL Cobras... some real time machines!

Wow. Putting cards on the table, I've never brought any of my cars into the fairgrounds before. I've been hesitant to deal with all the touchers and kids who don't know how to act around special cars. I just want to avoid any issues and will have to keep an eagle eye like I do at the local cruise nights etc. The opportunity to be part of a big Shelby event like this is more than cool.

Wow. Putting cards on the table, I've never brought any of my cars into the fairgrounds before. I've been hesitant to deal with all the touchers and kids who don't know how to act around special cars. I just want to avoid any issues and will have to keep an eagle eye like I do at the local cruise nights etc. The opportunity to be part of a big Shelby event like this is more than cool.

There will always be the potential for touchers at any show. But out of all the events I take the KR to each year Carlisle is different. You'll find due to the number of owners and the relative rarity of the cars there is little to worry about. I've had people ask me if it's OK to look in the open window or ask if it's ok to photo the car. The VAST majority of spectators are very respectful and aware of the value of these cars.

Also there is an unusual "brotherhood" for lack of a better word amongst owners at Carlisle. There are always owners parked beside you who will watch over your car so you can see the entire show. The owners really watch out for one another. My wife drove our Bullitt last year to the show ( opposite end of the show from the Shelbys) and I went over to get something out of the glovebox. Before I even touched the door handle to open it I had 2 other Bullitt owners right at me since they didn't know me. My wife thought it was hilarious and they apologized once they knew who I was but it reassured me that the cars are closely watched at the show.

Bottom line, keep a close eye but there will also be hundreds of other TS members also keeping a close eye on your car as well.

Andy

Team Shelby & Carlisle Ford Nationals are proud to announce “Shelby Reunion” featuring “The Hall Of Kings” as an Official Team Shelby North East Region Event.

Adjacent to the building that will house the KR Invitational there will be a designated area where Team Shelby members and other Shelby enthusiasts can show and display there cars. This area will also feature other Shelby displays and events.

It is important that you pre register..... space is limited and this will reserve your spot at the Shelby Reunion area.

Click HERE to pre register. In the club drop down pic Team Shelby North East...

For more information on Carlisele Ford Nationals Click Here

See you in Carlisle!!!

STAY TUNED!

MORE GOOD THINGS ARE YET TO COME.

AND IT’S GOING TO BE A HELL OF A RIDE…

Hi John, Have not talked since 85th vegas doings. CSM 4531 is alive & well after wall kissage. Lots of miles on I drive this car EVERYWHERE . Been to 5 open track sessions 3 at New Jersey Motor sports park. This looks like a great event , look forward to talking Steve

if it's not already in the works would it be possible to have some event tshirts made up? Somthing that says TS Reunion and the dates etc?

It’s already in the works we’ll have more than t-shirts there, we also have our own Team Shelby North East Region logos it looks cool I’ll post them soon :happy feet:

Dumb question #1: I noticed there is no designation for "2007 GT500 40th Anniversary" cars. Will the 40th's be put together if denoted under "Trim Level"?

And if so:

Dumb question #2: If your car is a 2007 40th with "SuperSnake upgrades" would you fall in with the SS guys or the 40th guys?

Dumb question #3: Will we be given a specific slot of will it be first come first served?

Dumb question #1: I noticed there is no designation for "2007 GT500 40th Anniversary" cars. Will the 40th's be put together if denoted under "Trim Level"?

And if so:

Dumb question #2: If your car is a 2007 40th with "SuperSnake upgrades" would you fall in with the SS guys or the 40th guys?

Dumb question #3: Will we be given a specific slot of will it be first come first served?

1- Sure, depending on the number of 40th that are there. Generally only a few are at the show but there looks to be a good bit more this year so if enough come then yes we can group them together.

2- That would depend on where you are most comfortable with. Off hand I'd probably say with the 40ths but it could be either group.

3- TS members are given priority. The primary area is "first come..." each morning as it will be the best area to display at and the easiest to leave from at the end of each day. Once that fills then the alternate TS area will be used. My advice to everyone: be at the gates no later than 30 mins after they open. If it is going to be sunny with good weather forecasted then be at the gates at opening...

Andy

I'm still on the fence... but if and when I fall off, I'll probably only do Saturday.

Okay it's Offical..... I fell off the fence! :hysterical: I just got done registering!!!! I took the Shelby out for a quick ride tonight to charge the battery and said what the heck Doogie ya only go around once!

See you guys at Carlisle!!!! :happy feet:

What if it's partly cloudy? Lol

Glad your in! Can't wait.

I'll carry my snow shovel! Wouldn't be the first time I shoveled Partly cloudy!

Actually I've been talking about this stuff with Sandy, not that I'm going to make it a DD but I may as well enjoy it. Why give the kids a pristine car to sell on Ebay when I'm dead! Since I spent the $40 bucks already I'll be going rain or shine. Then again with the cost of gas going up, this may be the only place I'll be able to afford..... :hysterical:

1- Sure, depending on the number of 40th that are there. Generally only a few are at the show but there looks to be a good bit more this year so if enough come then yes we can group them together.

2- That would depend on where you are most comfortable with. Off hand I'd probably say with the 40ths but it could be either group.

3- TS members are given priority. The primary area is "first come..." each morning as it will be the best area to display at and the easiest to leave from at the end of each day. Once that fills then the alternate TS area will be used. My advice to everyone: be at the gates no later than 30 mins after they open. If it is going to be sunny with good weather forecasted then be at the gates at opening...

Andy

The words "Good weather" and "Carlisle" usually don't belong in the same sentence but I'll try to keep a positive attitude from here on out, afterall we're overdue.

What exactly does the "Downtown Parade" consist of?

Thanks Andy!

Okay it's Offical..... I fell off the fence! :hysterical: I just got done registering!!!! I took the Shelby out for a quick ride tonight to charge the battery and said what the heck Doogie ya only go around once!

See you guys at Carlisle!!!! :happy feet:

Fantastic! Did you register at the Park Inn too?

The words "Good weather" and "Carlisle" usually don't belong in the same sentence but I'll try to keep a positive attitude from here on out, afterall we're overdue.

What exactly does the "Downtown Parade" consist of?

Thanks Andy!

Repeat after me...

It will be good weather,

It will be good weather,

It will be good weather,

:happy feet:

You have to register for the parade and pay a fee. There is a limited number. Not sure of the exact route

LOL! Yeah we are waaaayyy overdue for 3 days of great weather at Carlisle.

I'm not exactly sure of the route for the parade since this is the first year of it for the Ford event. The Cor :censored: vette show always has one and it runs through the town. It usually brings more people out to watch than the Christmas parade and gets a ton of local publicity. Since these are Shelbys having a parade there should between 4 and 6 million spectators :hysterical:

90 days tomorrow and counting...

Archived