TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 CARLISLE SHELBY REUNION

GT50040th

I would like to personally thank all the Team Shelby members for coming out to our first annual Team Shelby Reunion at Carlisle. For our first go around at Carlisle things went great and everyone had a good time. Team Shelby took 3rd place for largest club gathering only 20 or so off from the leader. We are sure to beat that next year.

I would also like to thank Andy Roth for doing a phenomenal job organizing and managing the Hall of Kings. Everyone raved how great the display looked. Andy started working on the Kings project last year and his hard work and dedication had everything to do with the success of the Hall of Kings and the Team Shelby Reunion.

It was great to have the Shelby American team there, thanks Gary, Sam, Robert and Juan for coming out and showing off their trailer and all the new models. It’s a big undertaking to man and get the rig all the way out here. They were happy to see everyone having a good time and were glade to answer everyone’s questions.

It was great having the help and support this weekend from Tony Scalies, Andy Roth, Walt Mayo and all the Team Shelby members, it takes everyone to make an event turn out as great as this one did.

If you thought this years Carlisle event was cool wait till you see what we have planed for next year. Stay tuned…

John Keller

Team Shelby NE Regional Director

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you thought this years Carlisle event was cool wait till you see what we have planed for next year. Stay tuned…

If there is one thing I've learned with John Keller : when he makes statements like this watch out because it's going to be one hell of a show. He does everything at 1000% so be SURE not to miss it in 2012. His vision for the Northeast region will take it to the next level and when you give John a year to plan an event you'd better believe it will blow you away.

I organized 29 KRs and was challenged. John organized nearly everything else with the TS reunion and never (not once) broke a sweat. Well, maybe while driving the Shelby girls around in the 350 vert he did. :hysterical:

Case in point. Notice who is losing his cool and who is keeping his cool. LOL

P6050008.jpg

The car is a fake SS; Gary pointed it out to me. You will also notice the stock supercharger, Brembo breaks, the funky strut tower brace and no CSM plate on the strut tower. Also when talking to the owner he said he had about 8k in to the car at this point also and has the look but not the performance for far less than getting the SS package which he was not really interested in because he had no plans to track or race the car.

As for the hood, I see Cruizin Concepts has them listed, though I doubt they have any in stock. I suppose it is possible he got one from them before there was a supply issue with them. I should have asked him about the stripe, looked pretty good.

Anybody catch the vert that was parked up next to the building early in the day with the polished SS supercharger, he says he ordered a supercharger from Shelby and when it arrived and he opened the box it had the SS branded version in it, pulley and all. He only guessed that whoever pulled the mistakenly pulled and shipped this one because the box was labeled as a regular supercharger on one side but a SS supercharger on the other. I also noticed that after Gary saw it and talked to the guy he left before lunch, not sure where he went but guessing he went in to the show field.

Marc had no intention of parking with the SS's. Gary and co. insisted he park there. He made full disclosure with them. The hood is a Black Mamba. He did do a pulley upgrade. Not really my cup of tea either, but it's his car to mod.

The car is a fake SS; Gary pointed it out to me. You will also notice the stock supercharger, Brembo breaks, the funky strut tower brace and no CSM plate on the strut tower. Also when talking to the owner he said he had about 8k in to the car at this point also and has the look but not the performance for far less than getting the SS package which he was not really interested in because he had no plans to track or race the car.

As for the hood, I see Cruizin Concepts has them listed, though I doubt they have any in stock. I suppose it is possible he got one from them before there was a supply issue with them. I should have asked him about the stripe, looked pretty good.

Anybody catch the vert that was parked up next to the building early in the day with the polished SS supercharger, he says he ordered a supercharger from Shelby and when it arrived and he opened the box it had the SS branded version in it, pulley and all. He only guessed that whoever pulled the mistakenly pulled and shipped this one because the box was labeled as a regular supercharger on one side but a SS supercharger on the other. I also noticed that after Gary saw it and talked to the guy he left before lunch, not sure where he went but guessing he went in to the show field.

That was my Father's 40th anniversary... (SSSnake)..

We moved it up to the edge where John's (GT500flyboy) 40th was parked..

Yep, that one is mine. I believe it was an honest mistake from Kenne Bell (albeit one I appreciate). You are correct in that one side of the box said "polished" and the other side said "Polished SS". I was VERY fortunate but think that that probably won't be happening again anytime soon as Gary P did not appear very excited about it but being the gentleman that he is he said "good for you" anyway..........and so it was good.

I am also fortunate enough to have a couple of other "anomaly's" on my car as well. Doesn't make it any more valuable or necessarily special but does make for interesting conversation which I think is of more value anyway.

As Shawn mentioned, I was invited up to the "grassy knoll" by John so we got at least two 40th's together at the show.

LOL. Good meeting you, Shawn - and thanks Craig for parking next to me. I thought the two black vert 40ths together looked great. You don't see that very often.

You're going to Dearborn right?

Than it shall be done. :beerchug:

Hopefully, we will be well represented there.

Archived