TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Burnouts

Turn traction control off, push clutch in, put in first gear, rev car to about 2500 - 3000 rpm, dump clutch, peg throttle, hold on and get ready to shift real qiuck...

If your rear end bounces up and down when you do this, replace upper and lower rear control arms and repeat above procedure...

:shift:

Another option:

1) Take traction control off

2) Put right heel on brake and with the right ball of your foot feather the pedal

3) Press clutch and put car in first

4) Hold brake, get RPM's up 2-2500

5) Let go off clutch

6) Enjoy smoke...........don't give too much gas, might hit rev limiter

Turn traction control off, push clutch in, put in first gear, rev car to about 2500 - 3000 rpm, dump clutch, peg throttle, hold on and get ready to shift real qiuck...

If your rear end bounces up and down when you do this, replace upper and lower rear control arms and repeat above procedure...

:shift:

That helps, Thanks

Good one! Is that yours?

I just can't seem to get that left foot over from the clutch to the brake to keep the car stopped.

And I do mine in 2nd gear too. I have a line-lock/roll-control I'm installing so I won't have to worry about that pretty soon.

Phill

Where in Ontario are you?

I'm in St. Catharines and have the same car but a convertible with a white Supersnake stripe

I'm in Toronto... It sucks that it's been so cold...I was hoping to take it out on a better day...but the salt has me scared. I was actually out at Niagara-On-The-Lake last weekend... got a chance to check out some of the wineries. Nice stuff over there!

Just have to ask if this is legit.

"Plum Creek Gardens" just purchased a GT500 but never has done a burnout? My spidey sense detects spam.

I've owned 2 Trans Am's and a built GT and never done a burn-out. Sure, I "took off aggressively", but I never employed the brake to do an actual burnout by definition. Street-tires don't benefit that much from it and i just drove around the water-box and brushed the tires off with a quick punch. I don't blame the OP. If he got a new GT500, he's toying with nearly $1000 worth of rubber including install and tire warranty back there. I'd be judicious about the use of it, too!

Just don't do it like the Corvette guys :hysterical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqeNRH87KyY

They were replacing the clutch in it and before they did so, made a spoof. Seems some people actually thought it was real, lol

Sure that is what he says now after it was over. :lol::hysterical:

It is backed up by the video. First, look how they hyped it up. Second, NONE of his friends stepped in to tell him that something was wrong, and afterward, he didn't say "WTF!? WHY DIDN"T YOU SAY SOMETHING!?" He was completely cool.

Everything in the vid supports that it was what it was. A spoof/joke.

I'm in Toronto... It sucks that it's been so cold...I was hoping to take it out on a better day...but the salt has me scared. I was actually out at Niagara-On-The-Lake last weekend... got a chance to check out some of the wineries. Nice stuff over there!

NOTL is a great area, the red stripe real shows off your car!

Nice choice

Archived