TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Tire Size/Pressure Decal?

There have been many threads in the past dealing with the recommended tire pressures for a GT500KR "Winged Boot F1 tires" vs. the base GT500 "F1 supercar tires".

I have read that some owners say there is a KR owners manual supplement that shows a different recommended tire pressure for the KR Winged Boot F1's vs. the standard F1's, which makes total sense to me since they *are* two entirely different compounds.

But I just saw a photo in the recently posted "mis-badged KR" thread that appears to be a door jamb decal stuck on top of the OEM decal and I can see a icon of a tire on it so I ASSUME that the KR has a supplemental decal stuck over the OEM GT500 decal, showing the recommended tire pressure and weight rating for the KR.

Can someone with a KR take a good, "head on" picture of that decal and post it or send it to me?

I am not trying to clone a KR but I did buy a set of KR wheels and tires so I was thinking I could print the photo out onto a piece of decal paper (sticky on one side) and stick it in my doorjamb so I have the information handy when I'm at a filling station.

If no one is willing to give me a photo, just the information on the decal would suffice. I can print it out in text format and keep a piece of paper in my owners manual packet but a good "straight on" photo would be nicer.

Thanks in advance,

Phill

Here ya go Phil - Just waiting for the game to start...Go Steelers

Hey, thank you very much for that. I don't know if it will be high enough resolution to enlarge and print clearly but I can at least copy the info. and put it in my OM booklet.

Interesting, the tire pressure drops from the OEM 35psi to 32psi with the R-compound KR tires.

Is anyone seeing the outside edges wear prematurly, indicating a lower than required pressure?

How about on the base F1 tires running 35psi...anyone seeing the centers wear out?

And yeah, I gotta get my butt off of this computer and get in the shower. Got a SB party to get to across the street (I can get DRUNK and literally CRAWL HOME! LOL)

Two of my best friends are from PA so needless to say....GO STEELERS!

My bestie from back home CA is a big big BIG GB fan so regardless of who wins/loses, I can rub it in SOMEONE'S face!

I'm not really a fan of either but if I gotta chose....STEELERS!

Time to go, so much beer...and so little time!

Phill (and thanks again)

I have almost 10K on my tires and no abnormal wear. I'm conservative on my tires...not too many burn outs. :shift:

Phil PM me your email and I'll send a higher resolution picture.

Tire pressure, My KR indicates there is Nitrogen in the tires.

Normal service stations do not handle this.

Question, The tire pressure light comes on after a few minutes and will not go off.

Ford told me is was fine and would go off. It stays on.

I do not like this Dealer any more.

Now it is happening to the Shelby 2008 GT, and 2009 Shelby GT500KR.

I do not race these cars, but have goosed them now and then.

Tire pressure, My KR indicates there is Nitrogen in the tires.

Normal service stations do not handle this.

Question, The tire pressure light comes on after a few minutes and will not go off.

Ford told me is was fine and would go off. It stays on.

I do not like this Dealer any more.

Now it is happening to the Shelby 2008 GT, and 2009 Shelby GT500KR.

I do not race these cars, but have goosed them now and then.

I have nitrogen in my tires and no TPMS lights.

Archived