TEAM SHELBY FORUM

information on #160

Bish

I'm going to look at #160 next week. Does anyone have any information on this car they can share?

Bish,

if you are speaking of 07H160; It was listed 2 times on Ebay that I know of, this past Dec. fist time high bid was $22,600 (22 bids) reserve $30, 000 ending 12/30/10.

the second time -Buy it now $27,500, no sale 13 bids and the high bid was $24,000 ending 12/26/10.....

below is the EBay discription...

21,143 miles

"Vehicle is in great condition, and has been kept in storeage and covered since purchase in 2008. Has all the features of the GT-H and has been personally signed by Mr. Shelby on the dash board. Shipping will be paid for by the buyer."

hope this helps some

thats all I know of the car

Rich

Bish,

if you are speaking of 07H160; It was listed 2 times on Ebay that I know of, this past Dec. fist time high bid was $22,600 (22 bids) reserve $30, 000 ending 12/30/10.

the second time -Buy it now $27,500, no sale 13 bids and the high bid was $24,000 ending 12/26/10.....

below is the EBay discription...

21,143 miles

"Vehicle is in great condition, and has been kept in storeage and covered since purchase in 2008. Has all the features of the GT-H and has been personally signed by Mr. Shelby on the dash board. Shipping will be paid for by the buyer."

hope this helps some

thats all I know of the car

Rich

Hi Rich,

Yes, that is the car, thank you very much for posting.

I did have a chance to look at it on Monday; it’s located at a dealership in the Twin Cities. The overall condition of the car was not too bad for a rental, It did have one or two small dents and the stripes appeared to be in pretty good condition. The "red flag" on this car to me was the fact that it's missing the two Hertz emblems on the front fenders. And if you look close enough you can see scratches in the paint from when they were removed. And no documentation comes with the car. But it did have a cover in the trunk and does have C.S.'s sig on the passenger airbag cover, I passed on this 07 GT-H.

• 2 weeks later...

sireal66 and Bish,

I just bought this car from Minnesota. I am awaiting delivery this week. I am aware of the missing Hertz badges and documentation. I am hoping that with the help of information posted here that I can get in contact with some people at Shelby American and Hertz to possibly get my hands on the fender badges and some of the original documents (or facsimiles). I thought that the car was reasonably priced for a car with 21K miles. I did the unthinkable and have bought it sight unseen, but I have been looking for a Hertz with relatively low mileage and most that I have seen in the range of 15K miles or less are priced from $40-50K. I am wanting a fun nice-weather driver.

sireal66, would you happen to know any additional info on the ebay acutions like the auction number? I would like to contact the owner to see if he possibly has any of the missing items. I know the car came out of the Denver fleet and then was next titled in Oregon with a private owner. But by what I can tell the car was only titled privately in 10/2010. Does that mean that he had the car covered in a garage for two years before finally getting it titled and eventually selling it only 3 months later? I would like to get more of the story. Also how was it that he got the CS signature? I wanted to ask him if the Hertz badges were on the car when he owned it.

I think that ebay only lets you access completed auctions for the previous month and no further back so I am having troulbe accessing any ebay history.

Thanks, Jason

sireal66 and Bish,

I just bought this car from Minnesota. I am awaiting delivery this week. I am aware of the missing Hertz badges and documentation. I am hoping that with the help of information posted here that I can get in contact with some people at Shelby American and Hertz to possibly get my hands on the fender badges and some of the original documents (or facsimiles). I thought that the car was reasonably priced for a car with 21K miles. I did the unthinkable and have bought it sight unseen, but I have been looking for a Hertz with relatively low mileage and most that I have seen in the range of 15K miles or less are priced from $40-50K. I am wanting a fun nice-weather driver.

sireal66, would you happen to know any additional info on the ebay acutions like the auction number? I would like to contact the owner to see if he possibly has any of the missing items. I know the car came out of the Denver fleet and then was next titled in Oregon with a private owner. But by what I can tell the car was only titled privately in 10/2010. Does that mean that he had the car covered in a garage for two years before finally getting it titled and eventually selling it only 3 months later? I would like to get more of the story. Also how was it that he got the CS signature? I wanted to ask him if the Hertz badges were on the car when he owned it.

I think that ebay only lets you access completed auctions for the previous month and no further back so I am having troulbe accessing any ebay history.

Thanks, Jason

Jason,

congrats on your GT-H, I speake from experiance you will love it. The auction (2nd. one), ended on 12/26/10 the item number is

Item number: 180603876166.

VIN #:1ZVHT---------859

I have th e complete Vin #, did not know if you wanted to be seen.

This is what the ad read.....

The ad was very minimal hope this helps.

Rich

sireal66 and Bish,

Thanks, Jason

HEY CONGRATS ON THE PURCHASE...I TOO HAVE PURCHASED A CAR SIGHT UNSEEN....HECK ITS LIKE CHRISTMAS WHEN IT ARRIVES...WOULD YOU MIND GIVING US A RANGE OF YOUR PURCHASE PRICE.. TOOK MY GRANDSON OUT IN MINE TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME...TOP DOWN......DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAD TO SAY NO YOU CAN NOT HAVE IT....

Thanks a million Rich. I was able to pull up the car and post a question to the previous owner. Hopefully he can provide some additional input on the vehicle. I paid $29875. Within the range, but maybe a little on the high side, but it only has 21K miles! I really wanted to find a fairly fresh car and this appears to fit the bill. My next quest is to find Hertz fender badges. I am going to wait for all of the paperwork to go through so I will have sufficient proof of ownership and I will then contact some people at Shelby Automotive to try to replacements. Wish me luck.

PS. This is a awesome forum. I have learned more about GT Hs this weekend from you guys than I would have ever thought possible. Thanks again, Jason

Jason,

congrats on your GT-H, I speake from experiance you will love it. The auction (2nd. one), ended on 12/26/10 the item number is

Item number: 180603876166.

VIN #:1ZVHT---------859

I have th e complete Vin #, did not know if you wanted to be seen.

This is what the ad read.....

The ad was very minimal hope this helps.

Rich

Thanks a million Rich. I was able to pull up the car and post a question to the previous owner. Hopefully he can provide some additional input on the vehicle. I paid $29875. Within the range, but maybe a little on the high side, but it only has 21K miles! I really wanted to find a fairly fresh car and this appears to fit the bill. My next quest is to find Hertz fender badges. I am going to wait for all of the paperwork to go through so I will have sufficient proof of ownership and I will then contact some people at Shelby Automotive to try to replacements. Wish me luck.

PS. This is a awesome forum. I have learned more about GT Hs this weekend from you guys than I would have ever thought possible. Thanks again, Jason

Jason,

glad I could be of some assistance.

Good luck and above all have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich

sireal66 and Bish,

Thanks, Jason

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE DOCUMENTATION CONTACT MICHELLE MOORE AT THE HERTZ CORPORATION..SHE IS THE MAIN LADY FOR DOCUMENTS EMAIL IS MICMOORE@HERTZ.COM GIVE HER THE VIN AND CSN OF YOUR CAR IF SHE HAS THE PACKET SHE WILL SEND IT TO YOU...STEVE FLESKE IS THE DIRECTO FLEET SEVICES AT HERTZ HE PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH MICHELLE...HOPE THEY HAVE YOUR PACKET, IF THEY DO THE IT WILL HAVE THE WINDOW STICKER THE TITLE FROM FORD INVOICE ETC...GOOD LUCK

sireal66 and Bish,

Thanks, Jason

Jason,

Glad to hear you found the car you were looking for, I'm sure you will be happy with it.

I found this info on ebay, I thought you might like it for your records.

Enjoy the car!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180605576137&viewitem=

I've been corresponding with Jason this last week and he's getting some not so correct info from various Shelby boards.

Unfortunately Jason is learning a few things after he purchased the car, which leaves him with no bargaining leverage. It appears that a previous owner has kept the factory paperwork that was placed in the car by Hertz. It also appears that a previous owner removed the Hertz fender badges. These items are not replaceable and now Jason is at the mercy of the previous owner(s) to turn these items over. That is if Jason can locate the previous owner(s). The car also has an accident record that the ebay seller didn't mention in their description.

That's the bad news. The good news is that none of the previous owners ever requested the permanent dash plaque from SAI so all Jason has to do is contact us and we can get that ball rolling. I've already emailed Jason the details on that. The other good news is that the temporary dash plaque is still there and that someone had Carroll autograph the airbag cover.

Jason still has a very nice Shelby and I'm sure will enjoy many miles driving it.

Steve

It appears that a previous owner has kept the factory paperwork that was placed in the car by Hertz.

I remember reading here that the 2006 cars had the paperwork placed in the car, but the 2007 did not. My car (07H066) did not have the paperwork inside, so I contacted Steve at Hertz and he sent it out to me. I'd suggest contacting Steven R Fleske, SFleske@hertz.com, and see if he has the paperwork for the car.

Thanks to the advise of some of the Shelby Forum members, I have contacted Michelle Moore at Hertz and she has the original documentation on my car. She is sending it out to me today. Thanks, Jason

Thanks to the advise of some of the Shelby Forum members, I have contacted Michelle Moore at Hertz and she has the original documentation on my car. She is sending it out to me today. Thanks, Jason

DOG GONE I AM HAPPY YOU CAN GET YOUR DOCUMENTATION....MICHELLE IS GREAT SO IS HERTZ..ANY LUCK IN FINDING YOUR HERTZ FENDER BADGES??? IF ANY ARE OUT THERE YOU WILL FIND THEM HERE...CONGRATS AGAIN BIG GUY ENJOY IT.....

I've been corresponding with Jason this last week and he's getting some not so correct info from various Shelby boards.

Unfortunately Jason is learning a few things after he purchased the car, which leaves him with no bargaining leverage. It appears that a previous owner has kept the factory paperwork that was placed in the car by Hertz. It also appears that a previous owner removed the Hertz fender badges. These items are not replaceable and now Jason is at the mercy of the previous owner(s) to turn these items over. That is if Jason can locate the previous owner(s). The car also has an accident record that the ebay seller didn't mention in their description.

That's the bad news. The good news is that none of the previous owners ever requested the permanent dash plaque from SAI so all Jason has to do is contact us and we can get that ball rolling. I've already emailed Jason the details on that. The other good news is that the temporary dash plaque is still there and that someone had Carroll autograph the airbag cover.

Jason still has a very nice Shelby and I'm sure will enjoy many miles driving it.

Steve

Steve,

All I can say about you guys is great stuff, as you have helped me when I had my Hertz badges replaced. I know you need the old ones to get the new ones, but in this case, if the customer genuine purchased this car this way and it is a certified GT-H, why cant they just buy replacement Badges, and anotate it in the register. It is clear that Jason does not plan on selling these on the open market, but installing them on a Shelby Hertz.

Just my $.02

Archived