TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to the forum...here is a video I made in my 11 GT500

Larwince

Man, youve obvously been to a driving school,you took the curves perfectly--no sliding,or overbreaking---did you ever go higher than 3rd?? Great vidoe --if it had been me id have thrown up by the end--thanks for posting--bob

I have never been to a driving school, but I have lots of experience in a shifter kart. I did use 4th gear in the long straight, and I was bouncing off the rev limiter in another part of the track. Not to boast...but I currently hold the track record in my Dodge Viper ACR as the fastest car on street tires, and the fastest street car on race rubber. I have some older track videos of the ACR on YouTube, but I have since "found my groove" in the sport. I will be going back out the the track and filming some laps in my ZR1 and ACR using the same setup. It is going to kill you when I tell you the video is from my iPhone4 and an App called TrackPro. It is so dang easy to use. It uses GPS and already had the track in its database, so the starting/timing point was already setup. Before anyone says anything...yes I know I am super fortunate to have the cars I do...but at least I am using them as they were designed!

Which mount did you use for your iPhone? How does the lap timer work?

I don't know which the OP used, but I'd absolutely recommend the IQ Folding ZR Mount. It's a terrific design that's compact, stable, and has a host of stickable dovetail tabs to hold almost anything. The BEST thing is that they have form-fit bumper covers that hold all iPhones like it was made for them. In fact, I use mine as my everyday bumper cover. You can buy them in-store at some Best Buy's or through their FB page.

I have never been to a driving school, but I have lots of experience in a shifter kart. I did use 4th gear in the long straight, and I was bouncing off the rev limiter in another part of the track. Not to boast...but I currently hold the track record in my Dodge Viper ACR as the fastest car on street tires, and the fastest street car on race rubber. I have some older track videos of the ACR on YouTube, but I have since "found my groove" in the sport. I will be going back out the the track and filming some laps in my ZR1 and ACR using the same setup. It is going to kill you when I tell you the video is from my iPhone4 and an App called TrackPro. It is so dang easy to use. It uses GPS and already had the track in its database, so the starting/timing point was already setup. Before anyone says anything...yes I know I am super fortunate to have the cars I do...but at least I am using them as they were designed!

Nice, very nice and I agree, drive it for the enjoyment the car was built for. It was pretty evident early in the video that this wasn’t your first "Rodeo" (LOL). While I’m continually amazed at the performance of our GT-500’s, you could see that you drove deeper and pushed harder that the other two “sports cars”. I love it when American iron can show the foreign purists a bumper on curves as well as the straights. :woot:

Welcome to the heard and keep driving that Shelby in the manner for which it was built. :salute:

Welcome to Team Shelby. If you have not already, please do not forget to register your car with the Shelby American Registry. You can follow the link in my signature to do so. If you need assistance doing so, don't hesitate to contact me or another registrar, we are glad to help. Again, welcome to Team Shelby.

Chris

Well the mount is for a 3G phone (got it at BestBuy in their navigationsection), but it came with universal mounting tabs that I used to adhere to a 4G phone cover. You must find a mount that is super stable as the g-forces will cause crazy vibration.

The TrackPro is very good at giving you accurate times (I had someone in the pits timing me by hand a couple other times), but the tracking of speed is not that good (since it samples). On my YouTube I have Video done with my TrackMate GPS camera system that cost about $2,500. I will use the iPhone and TrackPro program over the Trackmate anyday...it is that much easier and it has HD video...that rocks. The advantage of the Trackmate is that you can overlay times and other data...plus you can analyze your day (but who has time for that).

One other thing...I guess i was really hammerthe car as the one of the cats broke, so she is in the shop waiting for a new one right now. Crazy problem to have on a car with 5,500 miles.

And another thing...In April I am supposed to be on the TV show ForumWars.TV It is my 15 minutes of fame. I race a gentlemen in his Z06 corvette versus my 08 Dodge Viper ACR. It should be on The Speed Channel. I will let you guys know when it comes out. It was a blast to do...and I got to try my hand at acting, as they really want you to talk smack! It is TV afterall.

Well the mount is for a 3G phone (got it at BestBuy in their navigationsection), but it came with universal mounting tabs that I used to adhere to a 4G phone cover. You must find a mount that is super stable as the g-forces will cause crazy vibration.

The TrackPro is very good at giving you accurate times (I had someone in the pits timing me by hand a couple other times), but the tracking of speed is not that good (since it samples). On my YouTube I have Video done with my TrackMate GPS camera system that cost about $2,500. I will use the iPhone and TrackPro program over the Trackmate anyday...it is that much easier and it has HD video...that rocks. The advantage of the Trackmate is that you can overlay times and other data...plus you can analyze your day (but who has time for that).

One other thing...I guess i was really hammerthe car as the one of the cats broke, so she is in the shop waiting for a new one right now. Crazy problem to have on a car with 5,500 miles.

And another thing...In April I am supposed to be on the TV show ForumWars.TV It is my 15 minutes of fame. I race a gentlemen in his Z06 corvette versus my 08 Dodge Viper ACR. It should be on The Speed Channel. I will let you guys know when it comes out. It was a blast to do...and I got to try my hand at acting, as they really want you to talk smack! It is TV afterall.

How do you like your Shelby compared to your other track cars?

I strongly suspect we're referring to the same bracket, the IQ ZR, and you're absolutely correct. It's terrific. You should email their support department - they'll send to you a free iPhone 4 holder/cover with an integrated dovetail tab.

What makes it so great is that it's SO short and stable - and therefore relatively vibration free. It's clever, compact, and folds away to nothing, and holds like an absolute mother. It's one of the few items that's earned the Madlock Design Excellence 5-Star Award.

I strongly suspect we're referring to the same bracket, the IQ ZR, and you're absolutely correct. It's terrific. You should email their support department - they'll send to you a free iPhone 4 holder/cover with an integrated dovetail tab.

What makes it so great is that it's SO short and stable - and therefore relatively vibration free. It's clever, compact, and folds away to nothing, and holds like an absolute mother. It's one of the few items that's earned the Madlock Design Excellence 5-Star Award.

That's it....

5423891600_280d8f735e_b.jpg

How do you like your Shelby compared to your other track cars?

The other cars are great, but they are so fast,no one ever wants to play. Other drivers just jump off the track to watch or feel they are in the way...it is kind of funny. The GT500 is unassuming...until I pass them! Then when I am done they come over and ask what modifications I have...I love to tell them none!

The other cars are great, but they are so fast,no one ever wants to play. Other drivers just jump off the track to watch or feel they are in the way...it is kind of funny. The GT500 is unassuming...until I pass them! Then when I am done they come over and ask what modifications I have...I love to tell them none!

It's obvious you know how to get around a road course. Have you done any drag racing?

What do you think of my post on an '11 Gt500 vs. CTS-V caddy on a road course? Unexpectedly, there was some blow back on the obvious win by the Shelby. I was wondering what your opinion on the linked video was.

Archived