TEAM SHELBY FORUM

gt500 front bumper cover needed

bullittgreen

hey guys im new here and i was wondering if anyone here had a new or used gt500 front bumper that is in decent condition for sale. tonight i just hydroplaned across a 4 lane hiway sideways into a road sign down a ditch into a fence. i was shifting from second to third and the back just went crazy all of a sudden. i was going about 50. im still a little freaked out. but i gotta start the repairs. i only had liability insurance so im paying out of pocket. no fun. and i lost my job a month ago. life is sucking right now. thanks for any info.

hey guys im new here and i was wondering if anyone here had a new or used gt500 front bumper that is in decent condition for sale. tonight i just hydroplaned across a 4 lane hiway sideways into a road sign down a ditch into a fence. i was shifting from second to third and the back just went crazy all of a sudden. i was going about 50. im still a little freaked out. but i gotta start the repairs. i only had liability insurance so im paying out of pocket. no fun. and i lost my job a month ago. life is sucking right now. thanks for any info.

I'd check out Ebay and maybe Craigslist man... sorry to hear about the accident. I don't see too many bumpers for sale on here or other sites... lots of hoods, but not bumpers. I think because most guys don't swap the bumpers out for anything else... like they do with the hoods.

Good luck :)

OMG KJ...my keyboard is wet with tears dude!

Tell me we're being punked right now??? If not...............S O R R Y!!

Tire kicker is right...check out E-Bay motors. Try (foundadealllc), he's got tons of Ford Motorsports and SALEEN sh_t.

Good luck brother,

Chris (BIKEBOY)

I am getting my bumper cover and splitter replaced due to a encounter with a suicidal raccoon. The cover has very minor damage that is repairable, but no one would see it even now if they did not know what to look for. The splitter has a crack, but is usable until you can get a new one (if you even need one). They are yours for the shipping. I am in San Antonio, so the distance is not too great. It is in the shop now so let me know. I have to keep them from tossing the old parts.

thanks for the help guys. im afraid it is true. super sucky. the fence had barbed wire that caught the front around the headlights and by the fog light got smooshed in when the hill turned into field.... i tried to buff it out but no luck! :hysterical:

nocarrier, do you have a picture of the damage on yours? does it have a crease in it or just scratches. thanks

001.jpg

thanks for the help guys. im afraid it is true. super sucky. the fence had barbed wire that caught the front around the headlights and by the fog light got smooshed in when the hill turned into field.... i tried to buff it out but no luck! :hysterical:

nocarrier, do you have a picture of the damage on yours? does it have a crease in it or just scratches. thanks

001.jpg

It has a small split in the bottom left hand corner of the lower grill area. I don't have any pictures. I will see if I can get up there today to get some. It did not pick up any scratches anywhere.

I've got a brand new bumper cover its got a small dent mark in the top of it near the center line. They are shipped in just foam wrap and tape the damage happened in shipping.

Its in great shape other wise I took some pictures of it awhile back. If you're interested in it send me a pm.

I had a thunderbird once that was dented in the rear just like that, I removed the inside panel and with a swift kick the dent popped back out almost 100%. That was alot heavier metal back then, might be alot easier..

Sorry for the loss and bad luck.. Hopefully things will turn around for you.

Archived