TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque

2009eleanor

I was just wondering how long most people had to wait for their autographed dash plaque. So far, I've been waiting since September 23rd.

I have been waiting since September as well. I have called the Shelby Store a few times, and they told me each time that Mr. Shelby is getting old, has difficulty writing, and can only do a handful each week. I was told that up to six months is normal now.

All of that may be true. However, I recieved my autographed certificate months ago, and I ordered it at the same time. I guess they don't take things to him by order.

Have you considered that maybe it takes more time to have a plaque produced by a outside vendor compared to having a certificate printed up locally? Perhaps that could explain why you received your certificate first.

Steve

Have you considered that maybe it takes more time to have a plaque produced by a outside vendor compared to having a certificate printed up locally? Perhaps that could explain why you received your certificate first.

Steve

Yes, I understand that more work goes into creating a plaque.

• 3 weeks later...

[Heck I'm in the same boat as you! I made my order on 11/25/2010. It would be nice to get an e-mail giving us an up-date on the order of the plaque and the scuff plates? Send the plates first and then the signed dash plaque. This way we feel ............................like we get something for our money , while we wait for the rest of our order. :idea:

Thanks

Tom

I was just wondering how long most people had to wait for their autographed dash plaque. So far, I've been waiting since September 23rd.

Ordered my Sept 4th and got it Jan 20th.... It is awesome worth the wait now need to protect it using Grabbers technique then mount it!!!happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif Hope you get yours soon!mail.gif

Ordered my Sept 4th and got it Jan 20th.... It is awesome worth the wait now need to protect it using Grabbers technique then mount it!!!happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif Hope you get yours soon!mail.gif

And ordered mine on 9/21, still "processing." I called the Shelby store yet again today. They told me to wait 3-4 more weeks. Sigh.

Hopefully mine will be here any day considering you ordered your's less than a month before me, and it's already been a month since you recieved yours! It's tough to wait so long for something that costs that much. I really hope it gets here before the car show season starts.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, three days shy of six months -- I placed the order on 9/21/10 -- my signed dash plague arrived!!!

Worth the wait, for sure, although I would have liked it sooner :-)

Mine, that was ordered two days after yours, arrived today!!! :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe Grabbers technique is very explicit you have to mount it first :hide:

Here is my issue with this "name tag" and yes that all it is, is a .75 cent name tag that you pin to your shirt when you go to a convention or something. It is not a "plaque" in any way. The actual silver plastic plate is a laser engraved name tag material of which the cost of is .64 cents including the 3M tape adhisive back. There is probably a $2 or $3 dollar engraving fee so now were up to $3.64. These prices are all verifiable on line from many suppliers. Now the "mounting block" is just a piece of molded ABS plastic that, in quantity of only a couple hundred, should be a couple of bucks. So now we are at $5.64. Throw in a couple of bucks for packaging and handling and were are up to less than $8. At a 1000 percent mark up, that would be $80. A fair price in my mind considering the nature and quality of the product, not a 2300 percent mark up. As far as the signature, they should get what they can, after all, I paid $1000 for him to sign my hood and felt great about it.

I am a huge Shelby fan and have been since my teenage years and always will be, but in this situation, I don't think they did the Shelby name any justice at all.:rant:

As far as Grabber's method of protecting his plaque, be aware!!! Grabber did his method on a real aluminium piece of metal as the '07/'09 plaques are real plaques. The '10/'12 "plaques" are plastic and the paint may soften, melt, or delaminate the plastic. !!??

Are you kidding? Don't tell me I have been waiting 5 months for a signed piece of plastic that cost me #350.00. Maybe I can cancel it, go to my local trophy shop, have a good quality one made and send it to the CS foundation for a signature. Probably would be quicker and something I can be proud of. This is the most disappointing thread I have read to date. :redcard:

Archived