TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How do you Yankees do it?

Today marks the 4th day I've been cooped up in the house due to ice and snow. The Shelby is my daily driver so the boss man can go jump in a lake if he thinks I'm going to drive it in this weather. I'm sure the DFW area is the butt of all the jokes up north with coverage we are getting from the Super Bowl, but in the 25 years I've lived here we have never seen weather and temps like this last more then a day or two. Any snow and ice we are hit with is typically gone in 24hrs. By the time this mess is out of here tomorrow (Saturday) we will have been well below freezing for ~100 hours.

Today marks the 4th day I've been cooped up in the house due to ice and snow. The Shelby is my daily driver so the boss man can go jump in a lake if he thinks I'm going to drive it in this weather. I'm sure the DFW area is the butt of all the jokes up north with coverage we are getting from the Super Bowl, but in the 25 years I've lived here we have never seen weather and temps like this last more then a day or two. Any snow and ice we are hit with is typically gone in 24hrs. By the time this mess is out of here tomorrow (Saturday) we will have been well below freezing for ~100 hours.

The YANKEES do it simply by coming SOUTH for the Winter............. after all, we don't call them "Snow Birds" for nothin............... :hysterical:

:violin:

I was one of those Yankees from Joisey for 23 years before moving to Utah. My aunt lived in Dallas most of her adult life so I have heard all about the horrible 2" of snow. :hysterical:

I know first hand you can't drive or even walk in the ice. You stay put to be safe. I doubt your boss got out either, if it's that bad. Here in Utah our air is so dry we don't get ice, just powder snow. 500+ inches a year at the ski resort I work at. It was 26 below up there this week, too. We pretty much take it all in stride since we chose to live and play here. You learn how to dress in layers. You know when it is smart to venture out or when to lay low. 4x4 trucks and SUVs are the norm. Don't leave home without one.

Hang in there. We got above freezing today for the first time in a week. I believe it is heading your way. Just be sure to keep that Shelby under wraps 'til then.

Now, EL....how's he gonna do that if everything's frozen over? :hysterical:

First of all, don't get us confused with the Yanks (northeastern US) with us Yoopers (northcentral US) where the real cold is. It's as simple as this.........................if you have the right tool....................the job gets done. For things to shut down for us we have to have high winds and at least 2 feet of snow, then we can't move. As far as the cold goes, my rule is if it's -10 below or better, I stay inside. You have to like to snowmobile, ice fish, skiing, etc. and the best temps for those activities is around the 15-20 degree mark. Our cars are made to take the beating they do during the winter months, plug in engine heaters, nox-ice anti gas line freeze, I have my winter car, and then my summer cars.

:violin:

I was one of those Yankees from Joisey for 23 years before moving to Utah. My aunt lived in Dallas most of her adult life so I have heard all about the horrible 2" of snow. :hysterical:

I know first hand you can't drive or even walk in the ice. You stay put to be safe. I doubt your boss got out either, if it's that bad. Here in Utah our air is so dry we don't get ice, just powder snow. 500+ inches a year at the ski resort I work at. It was 26 below up there this week, too. We pretty much take it all in stride since we chose to live and play here. You learn how to dress in layers. You know when it is smart to venture out or when to lay low. 4x4 trucks and SUVs are the norm. Don't leave home without one.

Hang in there. We got above freezing today for the first time in a week. I believe it is heading your way. Just be sure to keep that Shelby under wraps 'til then.

:beatdeadhorse:

:hysterical2:

I cry when it snows hate it hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will not go out even if the house is on fire !!! The wife wants to move further up for more snow and cold. I say go north I'll go south and it will be a marriage made in heaven. :hysterical:

my heart breaks for y'all.............not really. :hysterical:

be careful. we have enough folks here in pa that should be used to driving in the white stuff that still suck at it and are hazzards to everyone. i can't imagine a large majority of folks on the road that are not used to driving in snow.

BTW - driving in snow is an awesome learning tool to experience and understanding car control. it's like a huge skid pad.

Put a set of these on and you can go to Work in the Snow................................. :happy feet:

Tracks.jpg

Tracks.jpg

After almost 40 years, I just packed up and moved to Vegas... had enough snow, thanks!

Jer

Ya learn to live with it.... being raised here and then living here all my life it gets to be a normal thing. The biggest PITA that I see is when you have people that are afraid to drive in the stuff, driving (or attempting to) in it! Those of us who have figured out how to get from point A to point B because of need, do so. The company I work for has made a statement that they DO NOT close, if you can't make it in take a vacation day.

In my youthful days I would get out and snowmobile and ski, now I stay indoors, the older I get the more the cold bothers me. However it's my choice to live here, so I have to make the best of it. But to be honest I'm looking forward to cutting the grass again! :hysterical:

Just use it as an excuse to buy more toys!!! Why I love Colorado, you "need" snowmobiles, dirt bikes, play cars, 4x4's, 4 wheelers......... Living on a farm makes it better, then you have to have tractors, a dedicated snow plow truck...........

snowplow.jpg

Just use it as an excuse to buy more toys!!! Why I love Colorado, you "need" snowmobiles, dirt bikes, play cars, 4x4's, 4 wheelers......... Living on a farm makes it better, then you have to have tractors, a dedicated snow plow truck...........

snowplow.jpg

HA! Good way to look at it!!

Jer

my heart breaks for y'all.............not really. :hysterical:

be careful. we have enough folks here in pa that should be used to driving in the white stuff that still suck at it and are hazzards to everyone. i can't imagine a large majority of folks on the road that are not used to driving in snow.

BTW - driving in snow is an awesome learning tool to experience and understanding car control. it's like a huge skid pad.

Till you make a big skid in your boxers :hysterical:

I went to the dealer today and my said I thought you moved out seen some lady shoveling the walk way. I said that was my mother inlaw she ask me to shovel I said thats your daughters job she loves the snow. She says but her foot surgery she cant do it so I said guess your up granny :hysterical:

Okay Scott I will show you what a ditch banger does. :slapfight: This weekend I will get some killer shots and post them in this thread. :hysterical:

Can I get in on this????

Archived