TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How do you Yankees do it?

Thanks. I think I am going to record a lot more videos using the GoPro on the sled.

Northern dogs love the snow too our dog Pukka is crazy when I pull out the Ski-doo she loves to bite the front ski and then have me chase her down.

182075_10150138501664493_770734492_7900173_3366553_n.jpg

182727_10150138501569493_770734492_7900169_548427_n.jpg

182971_10150138501804493_770734492_7900178_5712336_n.jpg

180403_10150138501904493_770734492_7900184_2622387_n.jpg

181911_10150138501614493_770734492_7900171_4028177_n.jpg

How does she like that when you run her over?

Thats not going to happen the sled stops on a dime and Pukka is fast. I know it looks like I am about to run her down but most of the time she is about 15 feet in front of the sled or 15 feet behind me trying to catch me, the GoPro camera just so happened to catch this one photo. Its just a little game that she loves to play. If I ride around our 3 acres without letting her play the chase game she will bark insanely and be all pissed at me for not letting her out. We LOVE our dog and would never do anything to hurt her.

She does the same thing in the summer with the dirtbike. 1995 Honda CR250

I know you love your pooch to so I understand why you would be concerned.

Yankees?

I'm still trying to figure that one out? :headscratch:

I met El Shelby at the GT350 event in Grandbury he is a cool dude and I know he didn't mean to offend anybody by calling them a Yankee but it does strike a tiny little nerve. Its sort of like calling somebody from the south a HILLBILLY. :hysterical:

Just messing around I am not sensitive about being a Yankee but I bet someone from the south would not want to be called a HIllbilly happy%20feet.gif

Here is a picture that will make you southern folks cringe. This was last year I took the Olds out for a ride on Oct 10th 2009 left it outside and woke up on the 11th to see snow outside

182923_10150139659384493_770734492_7917584_4726636_n.jpg

Okay you want a photo of my other snowmobile.

3130_93332034492_770734492_2474124_3533541_n.jpg

Notice the Denali in the reflection of the door

NS, after spending two years in the Great White North, (Toronto area), I got so used to seeing your other snowmobile's running all around town, that they look so normal to me now!

I remember the first one I ever saw in AZ. when they first came to the U.S. A local real-estate woman (300lbs!) bought one for advertisement / cruising around the city streets. We all wondered how in the $%#@ she was going to be able to get in and out of it!!?

After all of these years now, they get some bad press....saying they don't really get great fuel mileage? Not very reliable...not as safe as originally stated? It also seems that Mercedes has tried to distance itself from the brand? How do you like yours?

I bought the car in Spring of 2008 when gas was over $4 a gallon thinking that the price of fuel was never going to go down prior to the Smart Car I was driving my AWD 2002 Denali quadasteer pickup that gets 12 MPG about 80 miles a day and it was killing me so I thought the smart car would be a Smart investment but then gas went down and I didn't like my purchase as much becuase it does only average 36 MPG on the interstate and if you ride on the interstate and you have 20+ mph crosswinds you are really fighting the car. I guess its a LOVE HATE relationship with the Smart Car here are the plus's and the minus's

PLUS:

Glass roof. heated leather seats, great stereo with 5 disc changer, alot of chics dig the car, easy to park, gets fairly good MPG (36), very different styling, very roomy, and most importantly it has been very dependable.

Negatives:

is all over the road when there is a strong cross wind, dudes flick you off and laugh at your azz,gets stuck in the snow very easy, I could die in this car if a Semi hits me, and cops will pull you over if you are speeding in it.

Just yesterday I was driving down our road which is a county road in the country but it is a blacktop road and I was traveling 68 in a 55 when I passed a Sheriff he immediatly pulled around and put his cherries on, when he came up to the car he said "what the hell are you driving so fast in this little death box" I was very apologetic and thanked him for pulling me over and giving me the friendly reminder to slow down. He also said that he thought they should not be allowed on the road and asked me if I have ever seen a crash in one and I said NO and he said he has and its not pretty. He continued to lecture me for about 15 minutes then he said I am giving you a warning but if I ever see you driving this car again above the speed limit I will give you a ticket. So basically I got lucky......little does he know I drive the little basterd about 85 to 90 on the interstate everytime I drive it.

Would I buy another Smart Car? NO I would not I would rather have something much faster and gets less attention.

I always get a laugh from people when I tell people I own a Smart car and a Shelby.

I bought the car in Spring of 2008 when gas was over $4 a gallon thinking that the price of fuel was never going to go down prior to the Smart Car I was driving my AWD 2002 Denali quadasteer pickup that gets 12 MPG about 80 miles a day and it was killing me so I thought the smart car would be a Smart investment but then gas went down and I didn't like my purchase as much becuase it does only average 36 MPG on the interstate and if you ride on the interstate and you have 20+ mph crosswinds you are really fighting the car. I guess its a LOVE HATE relationship with the Smart Car here are the plus's and the minus's

PLUS:

Glass roof. heated leather seats, great stereo with 5 disc changer, alot of chics dig the car, easy to park, gets fairly good MPG (36), very different styling, very roomy, and most importantly it has been very dependable.

Negatives:

is all over the road when there is a strong cross wind, dudes flick you off and laugh at your azz,gets stuck in the snow very easy, I could die in this car if a Semi hits me, and cops will pull you over if you are speeding in it.

Just yesterday I was driving down our road which is a county road in the country but it is a blacktop road and I was traveling 68 in a 55 when I passed a Sheriff he immediatly pulled around and put his cherries on, when he came up to the car he said "what the hell are you driving so fast in this little death box" I was very apologetic and thanked him for pulling me over and giving me the friendly reminder to slow down. He also said that he thought they should not be allowed on the road and asked me if I have ever seen a crash in one and I said NO and he said he has and its not pretty. He continued to lecture me for about 15 minutes then he said I am giving you a warning but if I ever see you driving this car again above the speed limit I will give you a ticket. So basically I got lucky......little does he know I drive the little basterd about 85 to 90 on the interstate everytime I drive it.

Would I buy another Smart Car? NO I would not I would rather have something much faster and gets less attention.

I always get a laugh from people when I tell people I own a Smart car and a Shelby.

Hahahahaha...Too funny.

I can't help but think you need a plate frame for the Shelby..."My Other Car Is A SMART Two-For"

Oh well....at least you could have told the cop that you are doing your civic duty in the 'off-season' offsetting your Shelby's carbon footprint! :hysterical::shift:

PLUS:

Negatives:

You do know that CAFE standards apply to manufacturers and not individual garages right? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Thats not going to happen the sled stops on a dime and Pukka is fast. I know it looks like I am about to run her down but most of the time she is about 15 feet in front of the sled or 15 feet behind me trying to catch me, the GoPro camera just so happened to catch this one photo. Its just a little game that she loves to play. If I ride around our 3 acres without letting her play the chase game she will bark insanely and be all pissed at me for not letting her out. We LOVE our dog and would never do anything to hurt her.

She does the same thing in the summer with the dirtbike. 1995 Honda CR250

I know you love your pooch to so I understand why you would be concerned.

I'm just yank'n your chain der eh!

Chad, I'd like to see some pics of you "Ditch Bangin" with the "other" snowmobile :hide:

Yeah right I get stuck in 2 inches of snow in that Ditch banger and if I hit the ditch in that little bubble I will just keep rolling. Since its been a heat wave hear I am starting to think spring. I love this photo

180415_10150140358299493_770734492_7925092_5142309_n.jpg

Savannah won Pooh at Valley Fair earlier that day

Archived