TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hot Rod pits a 427 Cobra vs a 2011 GT500 Super Snake

Great video, thanks for posting.

hard to believe only 0.6 seconds separates theses cars on this road course...

Thanks for posting this video.

It shows again, that 20's seem to be up to the handling task. One other thing I noticed, it appeared the the Super Snake was using its production Pirelli P Zero's on the road course which means 275's on the rear. Just think if that car had a wider tire on the rear so it could really hook up when exiting a turn?

R

Did anyone notice that the quoted weight (at approx. the 2:18 point in this video) for this 2011 Super Snake is 3950lbs?

Yes, I did.

And when I used that weight as a example of how a drag race between a KR vs. a Boss LS would turn out, I was told I was wrong.

I guess Gary Patterson doesn't know what he's talking about.

Phill

Did anyone notice that the quoted weight (at approx. the 2:18 point in this video) for this 2011 Super Snake is 3950lbs? 2011, aluminum block, 100lbs lighter than the 2010 and earlier GT500's............

R

That could be correct. The SS package does add some weight. Wheels, hood, larger brakes, bigger sway bars, larger heat exchanger with fans, larger heavier supercharger, etc. I think the one piece driveshaft is about the only item added to the 750 HP SS that reduces weight. So that could account for the 3950 figure that was quoted.

That could be correct. The SS package does add some weight. Wheels, hood, larger brakes, bigger sway bars, larger heat exchanger with fans, larger heavier supercharger, etc. I think the one piece driveshaft is about the only item added to the 750 HP SS that reduces weight. So that could account for the 3950 figure that was quoted.

So where does that place the 2010 and earlier Super Snakes (weight wise) with the cast iron block? 100lbs more?

R

So where does that place the 2010 and earlier Super Snakes (weight wise) with the cast iron block? 100lbs more?

R

our dragstrip (bandimere speedway near denver) has a scale....

my '07 supersnake with 1/4 tank of gas and me driving (220#) weights 4150. I have the shaker 1000 speaker in the back as well.

Ron

Archived