TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Overall Opinion?

For those who ordered and have received their 2011 GT350 what is your overall opinion on the total package? What I mean is I'm considering ordering a 2012 GT350 but what I want to know is how does the car feel when driving as far as comfort, handling, and performance say compared to a 2008 Shelby GT500 or Shelby GT w/ supercharger? I keep hearing that the new 5.0 motor is a beast but for that price I'd be hoping its a totally different car compared to say a 2008 Shelby.

For you current owners what is the #1 thing you don't like if any?

Was a hard decision not to order the 2011 version but other matters and the fact that I just didn't want another White Mustang... lol Don't get me wrong the White/Blue is the true GT350 way to go but was hoping they'd offer some other color choices for 2012

My 'R' code was delivered December 17, 2010. And I have not stopped looking at 'her.' This car is head and shoulders above anything I have ever driven in every way...handling, cornering, braking, accelerating. My older son thinks it is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. (I agree with him.) Oh, and did I mention the exhaust sound when you fire it up? Every dog in the neighborhood starts to howl!! lmbo I hope you get one. :shift: :happy feet:

For those who ordered and have received their 2011 GT350 what is your overall opinion on the total package? What I mean is I'm considering ordering a 2012 GT350 but what I want to know is how does the car feel when driving as far as comfort, handling, and performance say compared to a 2008 Shelby GT500 or Shelby GT w/ supercharger? I keep hearing that the new 5.0 motor is a beast but for that price I'd be hoping its a totally different car compared to say a 2008 Shelby.

For you current owners what is the #1 thing you don't like if any?

Was a hard decision not to order the 2011 version but other matters and the fact that I just didn't want another White Mustang... lol Don't get me wrong the White/Blue is the true GT350 way to go but was hoping they'd offer some other color choices for 2012

The car is very well done. As stated previously, the car looks tremendous in person - the pics don't do it justice. It can be a very sane and comfortable car to drive - so much that I did 3200+ miles in 8 days on my way home. My young daughter was my copilot so it was all about driving it safely with such precious cargo onboard. The interior is just like my '10 GT500 and very comfy and the nav and the sync are awesome. I did have an additional few hundres miles on the car before some bad luck in December. The last 150 miles or so was just the start of becoming one with the car. The exhaust is like nothing I have ever heard on the street or at the race track. So very throaty but not obnoxious - what a great v8 sound. The suspension is very good but I have yet to test her on the track at 10/10's. The power of the 624hp is just sick. Far more fun then an overweight balding white dude should have. The car is so much quicker then my stock 500 and the ride and setup are in a different league on the 350.

All that being said, I think on 350 is enough for me. I wanted to order a red 350 very for 2012 or 2013 to make a nice r/w/b shelby trio but have opted instead to get a boss 302. My thought is that these 350's might be too nice and too rare to abuse at the track. Not that mine will not get to the track but I might wanna get it to 1-2 events a year and beat on the boss (under warranty) at many events.

I just cannot have a car and not drive it hard! From my Suzuki Samarai days many years ago to my wifes current bimmer wagon, better be ready for a lil' red line action.

Good luck with your decision.

So far my dislikes are the exhaust pipe sag saga, the black "clips" used to hold the white rockers on the car and no grill to protect the front aux cooler - but I'm nit picking.

Archived