TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Aluminum drive shaft and wheels

Hey guys, I was talking to another mustang fan here and we were of course talking about mustangs :)

I had mentioned that I was thinking about going with an aluminum drive shaft like the one offered in the store here

and my new friend told me to be careful with those. His reasoning is that when the drive shaft gets too hot it may

snap or break. Is there any truth to that? My SGT is an automatic and I'd like to know if I can even use it.

Also at the risk of asking a stupid question, the stock wheels that come with our cars, are they called Bullitts?

I'd like to go with the Razors, but can't find them in 18", so my second choice would be to go with the stock style

in Chrome.

Any insight would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Jessie

We've used aluminum drive shafts in all our race cars for years, they're strong and light weight, your friend is misinformed.

Hey guys, I was talking to another mustang fan here and we were of course talking about mustangs :)

I had mentioned that I was thinking about going with an aluminum drive shaft like the one offered in the store here

and my new friend told me to be careful with those. His reasoning is that when the drive shaft gets too hot it may

snap or break. Is there any truth to that? My SGT is an automatic and I'd like to know if I can even use it.

Also at the risk of asking a stupid question, the stock wheels that come with our cars, are they called Bullitts?

I'd like to go with the Razors, but can't find them in 18", so my second choice would be to go with the stock style

in Chrome.

Any insight would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance

Jessie

The only way you can snap it is to let me drive car or you pick up 3 huge fat chicks and do a neutral drop at 9000rpms !!! and yes I'm the forum idiot

Just a little note on the aluminum DS, since 1999, all your Ford Crown Victoria Intercepter Police cars have aluminum DS, and we all know what a beating those cars take.

Archived