TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 40th anniversary toolbox

sgt2343

So who else has the first box made (1 of 500)? We have two people claiming they have the first box made. The box I have does have serial no. 001 on the back of the box and this box was purchased at the Mac tool convention in Tennessee on Jan 20, 2007 when Mac tools released this 40th anniversary box . The box that I have was shipped straight to my house from Mac tools in Ohio. I do believe that Mac Tools put 1 of 500 on all of the boxs. I did call Mac tools and talked to Tony Merritt who worked with Shelby Automobiles Inc, he said that Mac tools only build 71 boxs be for Shelby pulled their license agreement. So my question is who else has a 40th anniversary tool box or knows somebody who has a 40th anniversary box? :slapfight:

So who else has the first box made (1 of 500)? We have two people claiming they have the first box made. The box I have does have serial no. 001 on the back of the box and this box was purchased at the Mac tool convention in Tennessee on Jan 20, 2007 when Mac tools released this 40th anniversary box . The box that I have was shipped straight to my house from Mac tools in Ohio. I do believe that Mac Tools put 1 of 500 on all of the boxs. I did call Mac tools and talked to Tony Merritt who worked with Shelby Automobiles Inc, he said that Mac tools only build 71 boxs be for Shelby pulled their license agreement. So my question is who else has a 40th anniversary tool box or knows somebody who has a 40th anniversary box? :slapfight:

Hmm. I *think* there's one sitting in the lobby of Shelby's new Speed Shop in Las Vegas. But for some reason, I was thinking it was BLUE, not red like the one you show.

I don't know if it belongs to Gil (Naverez, head of Shelby Speed Shop) or if it's a Shelby owned item just there for display but you can always e-mail Gil and ask him.

Phill

Hmm. I *think* there's one sitting in the lobby of Shelby's new Speed Shop in Las Vegas. But for some reason, I was thinking it was BLUE, not red like the one you show.

I don't know if it belongs to Gil (Naverez, head of Shelby Speed Shop) or if it's a Shelby owned item just there for display but you can always e-mail Gil and ask him.

Phill

THANKS. Does anybody have Gil e-mail address?

THANKS. Does anybody have Gil e-mail address?

I don't know if it's for public consumption so I PM'd it to you.

If someone from Shelby says it's okay to post openly, I'll hand it out here.

Phill

and yes.................................that is a GM 'mark of excellence' emblem on the left side of the upper box.

:hide:

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger: NEVER EVER mix the Two...................................

:hysterical:

Phill

Got an email from Gil with pictures of the 40th anniversary tool box sitting in Shelby speed shop and it looks like all of the boxes are 1 of 500 and my box is not serial no. 1. :confused:

I saw the box during the car show at the Bash. I assumed "1 of 500" meant there were 500 each that were "1 of 500" but was told that the box they have at the speed shop was #1 (as in serial #1) of 500. I believe there were two actually (both red), one was damaged. It was on sale for only 5 times what it was worth as opposed to the normal 20 times the value. :lol2:

I saw the box during the car show at the Bash. I assumed "1 of 500" meant there were 500 each that were "1 of 500" but was told that the box they have at the speed shop was #1 (as in serial #1) of 500. I believe there were two actually (both red), one was damaged. It was on sale for only 5 times what it was worth as opposed to the normal 20 times the value. :lol2:

The 40th anniversary tool box sitting in Shelby speed shop is not serial no. 1. Gil sent me pictures of the serial number on the back of the box and it is not serial no.1. Ps, I did call Mac Tools in Ohio (Tony Merritt) and he told me that Mac Tools only made 71 40th anniversay boxes.That is less boxes made than the Shelby 500 boxes (75). Tom

Archived