TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine/compartment cleaning--how to guide?

thewheelman

Ok, the weather is still lousy and I'm itching to "tinker" with something. Is there a how-to guide for cleaning and detailing under the hood of these beasts? To be honest, I've never done more than hose the engine compartment down on any of my previous vehicles. I'd like to make this one look new under the hood and keep it that way. There's a lot more plastic and "composite" stuff under the hoods of these babies as my old MG's and trucks. I'd kind of like to be able to approach it with some ideas and products in mind to make it look as good as possible...... (I feel sort of like I just asked, "Gee, what's a good mod for these cars?" I know there'll be a thousand answers and ideas, but I'd like some basic info.)

Thanks in advance!

When you get done cleaning it, spray the hoses and plastic with Pig Snot detail spray. I use it on my motorcycle heads, transmission, everything! (Not chrome) It realyy brings it to life! Can get it at any Harley store.

Ok, the weather is still lousy and I'm itching to "tinker" with something. Is there a how-to guide for cleaning and detailing under the hood of these beasts? To be honest, I've never done more than hose the engine compartment down on any of my previous vehicles. I'd like to make this one look new under the hood and keep it that way. There's a lot more plastic and "composite" stuff under the hoods of these babies as my old MG's and trucks. I'd kind of like to be able to approach it with some ideas and products in mind to make it look as good as possible...... (I feel sort of like I just asked, "Gee, what's a good mod for these cars?" I know there'll be a thousand answers and ideas, but I'd like some basic info.)

Thanks in advance!

I cleaned my engine bay a couple weeks ago and followed the instructions from a Detailers blog and wow what a difference. Used P21S to clean the engine and plastic parts. Used 303 Aerospace Protectant to give the plastic parts a nice matte finish and used Chemical Guys Fade to Black spray to detail the hoses to give them a nice shine. One bit of advice is to use a compressor with an air attachment to blow all the water out of the nooks and crannies in the engine bay. Good example is on the supercharger and the throttle body.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/how-to-detail-your-engine-bay/

Thanks in advance!

Archived