TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vista Blue Vert is home!

m81mclaren

Picked her up today and drove home 404 miles. What a ride I can't begin to describe the feeling. Nothing like picking up my last new car which was a snooze (figures it was a GM)!

I'm a bit tired from the drive and of course had to take it out one last time before going to bed. I may have a hard time sleeping knowing what I get to look forward to tomorrow and the extra adreneline flowing through the veins! Actually last night had I had a tough night too in anticipation of the pick up today (as I posted before much like the night before going to Disneyland as a kid). Alot was swimming in my head...will I like as much as I had hoped? Will it arrive in good condition with no problems? Will it make the ride home? Well all I can say is WOW! What a blast to drive. Plus with the top down that adds a new dimension that I have not experienced before behind the wheel.

Without delay here is a pic or two. I'll clean her up tomorrow and post a few more pics.

post-3693-1172992661_thumb.jpg

post-3693-1172992744_thumb.jpg

Picked her up today and drove home 404 miles. What a ride I can't begin to describe the feeling. Nothing like picking up my last new car which was a snooze (figures it was a GM)!

I'm a bit tired from the drive and of course had to take it out one last time before going to bed. I may have a hard time sleeping knowing what I get to look forward to tomorrow and the extra adreneline flowing through the veins! Actually last night had I had a tough night too in anticipation of the pick up today (as I posted before much like the night before going to Disneyland as a kid). Alot was swimming in my head...will I like as much as I had hoped? Will it arrive in good condition with no problems? Will it make the ride home? Well all I can say is WOW! What a blast to drive. Plus with the top down that adds a new dimension that I have not experienced before behind the wheel.

Without delay here is a pic or two. I'll clean her up tomorrow and post a few more pics.

m81mclaren, amazing looking vert. that drive home must have been heaven. congrats and enjoy that vista blue!! :banana piano:

Beautiful ride mclaren,

Sounds like you had a great delivery and all the expectations were met. After you clean her up and go over her with a fine tooth comb, please tell us more. I am glad you are happy with your ride. :shift:

Congratulation m81mclaren,

This in one great looking ride! It must have been awsome to have such a long drive with the top down on your very first day with the car. Got mine yesterday too, but with all of the snow we have here, it had to go square into the garage.

Congratulation m81mclaren,

This in one great looking ride! It must have been awsome to have such a long drive with the top down on your very first day with the car. Got mine yesterday too, but with all of the snow we have here, it had to go square into the garage.

What?! No snow encrusted pix????? :hysterical: What color? Coupe or 'vert? Congrats!

m81mclaren, congrats to you, too! Looks beautiful! Hope you aren't up all night polishing the fenders! Thanks for posting pix so quick!!!

What?! No snow encrusted pix????? :hysterical: What color? Coupe or 'vert? Congrats!

m81mclaren, congrats to you, too! Looks beautiful! Hope you aren't up all night polishing the fenders! Thanks for posting pix so quick!!!

Crispy23c, mine is a red coupe with white stripes. I have a few photos on another post (Shelby arrives to Quebec City). You will see it was a very snowy day indeed.

Congrats M81mclaren! Nice ride-- that blue looks amazing! I didn't fully appreciate it until I saw one at the Indianapolis auto show.

I am jealous of your weather! I want to drive too... :cry:

Same color as mine. Love the look and ride. Enjoy!

Thanks all. Spent the morning cleaning off thousands of bugs off the front from the drive. The kids helped with me watching anxiously and barking instructions on what not to do! Then we put the cars seats in grabbed the wife and spend the day cruising in the sunshine. She and the kids LOVE it! I can't say enough either except that I will not be able to daily drive thiis thing as initially planned. I have a hellish commute with way too much stop and go. I did that for 5 years with my 86 Capri 5.0 and my left knee has not been the same since. The clutch getting out of first chatters much more than expected even if I baby it out. Seems like you need to fully depress then let it slowly out 2/3rds then real fast with matched revs for the last third. With all that it's still not great. Even a slight chatter sends shivers down my spine cuz I feel like something is wrong and I might break something. Let's hope I never get stuck at a stoplight facing a uphill on a steep incline. Might just spin 'em out of necessity. Yes, officer I know, but you see I have this clutch issue...

I'm very happy with the paint finish. The color is just incredible in person. I'm so glad I chose Vista Blue. One of my door jams looks like it was not clearcoated at all (or was damaged at the factory then repaired hastily) and I'll need to get that attended to. The interior fit is nice and I won't complain about some of the cheesy plastics cuz there is just way too much else to like. Cut my wrist on the handbrake as the plastic where it meets the leather is sharp but that's an easy fix. The top is very nice and up or down I hardly get windblown (up to 80 that is). The exhuast sounds fantastic, I will not be changing it out as many here are. With the top down it sounds very mean without being annoying. Maybe those that wanted more sound have coupes?

I did not take any more pics today sorry but will take some more on tuesday. Spent the day driving then the evening cleaning out the garage and shuffling crap out of the way so I could park her inside. I'm cringing with all the kids toys and bikes and need to come up with a good way to protect it. Seems like a storage shed in the backyard is the best solution,

As for the drive, I am addicted! The sound of the supercharger and exhaust at full song is intoxicating. My kids kept saying, "daddy make the supercharge thing go again!". Had to be very careful. Alone, the blast from second to third is just incredeble. It's hard to describe but for those waiting for delivery, it's worth it. Think superbike on 4 wheels and your almost there.

If anyone has advice on the clutch let me know. I really think something is off but if you all chime in that this is normal, sounds like I'll need some more seat time around the city.

Cheers!

Sounds like you had a great day with your family in the new car. Right on. Mine should be here by next week end, so the only thing I can say about the clutch is that there have been many comments like yours and seat time will take care of your problem. Others will tell you the details on the RPM / Clutch release form.

mclaren, be patient with the clutch. it will smooth out after about 500 miles or so. low revs is the key...that is if you're just easing her out into a normal take off.

off the line you will want to take her to about 3000 to 3200 rpm and dump the clutch, then while she is hooking, floor it and go baby go!

good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
mclaren, be patient with the clutch. it will smooth out after about 500 miles or so. low revs is the key...that is if you're just easing her out into a normal take off.

off the line you will want to take her to about 3000 to 3200 rpm and dump the clutch, then while she is hooking, floor it and go baby go!

good luck.

Thanks. The clutch has about 1K on it and not much change. I've gotten used to it but still wish I did not have to think about it. Otherwise this car puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it. With all the traffic around here I have been unable to find a safe place to try the dump and hang on! I'm considering a performance meter to test the girl out. I'm so used to the power now I can't believe I'm getting the advertised HP/TQ...

must resist JLT...

must resist JLT...!

McLaren, Congrats! I, too, took an extended drive home on delivery day (29 Mar) and it was completely a blast! Still working on getting used to my clutch as well. Thought long and hard about a vert, but wanted the hood/trunk stripes without having to mod... Totally love my coupe though!

Keith

• 1 year later...
Sounds like you had a great day with your family in the new car. Right on. Mine should be here by next week end, so the only thing I can say about the clutch is that there have been many comments like yours and seat time will take care of your problem. Others will tell you the details on the RPM / Clutch release form.

Well, 5K on the clock now and it's at the dealer getting the clutch issue looked at. I have a 2nd gear grind on occasion and notchiness that makes it a chore to drive. I hope the dealer will handle this in a way that gets the car fixed. A new tranny/clutch/flywheel (and good CSC!) would get me back to the happiness I had on first arrival. PM message to you Grabber.

DH

if the dealer changes all that stuff and it still has chatter getting going, call Evo Fred. i had them put a stage II on my car. when there he and John Lund also worked in the tune to reduce the clutch chatter. almost completely gone know. i beleive they can do this with a stage one tune also. i certainly don't know enough about tunes, but they do, and it is somrthing that makes a difference.

Archived