TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motor Trend Mag S-GT Article

john351

We have Crispy's cool video, but what did the assembled masses think of the info contained in the article? I'll hold my comments until I hear a few other's input.

I got the mag yesterday in the mail. Piece is OK, but they should point out they did not test a production vehicle. As pointed out on the Shelby Forum, their car is a prototype. No dash plate, lack of black lower fascia on grill, wrong floor mats, etc. Production numbers wrong as well. We'll just have to wait on a real test of a real Shelby GT.

I got the mag yesterday in the mail. Piece is OK, but they should point out they did not test a production vehicle. As pointed out on the Shelby Forum, their car is a prototype. No dash plate, lack of black lower fascia on grill, wrong floor mats, etc. Production numbers wrong as well. We'll just have to wait on a real test of a real Shelby GT.

I did not know that! (insert best Johnny Carson impression here.)

Sneaky motortrend! It has never been one of my favs re: car mags, but any info on the Shelbys is interesting to me.

Anybody else?!!!

....I agree it obviously wasn't a production vehicle and they should point that out so others won't be misinformed but the differences are only aesthetic. The test numbers and driving preceptions should be the same as a production car unless SAI fudged something into this car for the magazines.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, the article was done on the concept car, all performance parts were correct. Floor mats were different and we painted the lower fascia because we thought the rpoduction units would come that way. All the rest of the car is correct and viable. The numbers were correct as well. We didn't put the dash plate on as a day or two earlier it was on a shoot and soomeone tried to steal it.

So, this article and the numbers are all good

Amy

Hi All, the article was done on the concept car, all performance parts were correct. Floor mats were different and we painted the lower fascia because we thought the rpoduction units would come that way. All the rest of the car is correct and viable. The numbers were correct as well. We didn't put the dash plate on as a day or two earlier it was on a shoot and soomeone tried to steal it.

So, this article and the numbers are all good

Amy

AMY

We have two cars at your plant ... PLS show them TLC ! :happy feet:

........I think Amy was refering to the performance numbers.

yes, thank you, I was referring to performance numbers. The car had only 2 differences from production, the mats were wrong and the front fascia was painted, as we thought at the time we were doing that. The badges are there now they were removed because we had an attempted theft. All performance mods, wheels, etc, at same as production

Amy

Archived