TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Snow and/or Ice pic

DaFreak

Hi All,

Although I don't live near the deep freeze I feel for all of you that do. I figured some good snow and ice pics might be a good way to pass the time. So post up your best snow and ice pic here.

I'll start it off with this one, it's not mine and you might of seen it out there before. Water main broke:

IceCar-1.jpg

Old man winter is being extra grumpy this year. Maybe some pics of all his work will make him happy and content to go away ;)

DaFreak

I'm out of town this week. I'm scanning all of my negatives and slides. One of the trips I scanned last week was for a business trip to Boson in Feb, 1978. Some will remember "the blizzard"... For those who know the area I have pictures of us walking straight down the middle of Rte. 9 in Framingham, and pictures of an officer confiscating a persons keys and parking the car on the side of the road. Governor Dukakis declared martial law and made it illegal for any cars to be on the road except snow plows, cops and ambulances. In Framingham there was lots of snow but the plows took care of it and the roads were dry.

064.jpg

This might be the one on Submarine Base New London... There is a Grabber Blue w/ White Stripes on base. Guy drives it as a daily driver up here in Connecicut. Just thinking about what all that Salt / treated Salt / Beet juice (yes, beet juice) will do to the car and/or the under pinings.

In the mean time I'm heading to VT, they just got another 16 inches of snow. time for the white room skiing.

This might be the one on Submarine Base New London... There is a Grabber Blue w/ White Stripes on base. Guy drives it as a daily driver up here in Connecicut. Just thinking about what all that Salt / treated Salt / Beet juice (yes, beet juice) will do to the car and/or the under pinings.

In the mean time I'm heading to VT, they just got another 16 inches of snow. time for the white room skiing.

There's an '11 Sterling Grey 'vert in-town local to me that's a winter daily driver - SVTPP tires and all. More guts than I've got.

Well he really did "PARK "it !! Maybe an exit too soon,though!! :headscratch:

You think there was an airbag deploy? Hopefully, the person walked away. I realize people actually need to move from one place to another even during the most dangerous weather, but I have a hard time believing there were as may life and death circumstances as cars left abandoned. I never cease to be amazed at how many radio stations were criticizing municipal responses, particularly in Chicago, because so many people were "waiting for a person of authority" to give them instructions - as if anybody should need guidance about saving their own asses. The lengths some people will go to avoid taking responsibility for themselves. I'm sure, if we were ever to suffer an asteroid strike, SOMEBODY would be talking about a lack of preparedness. Cities can't cover their daily costs, yet people want bulletproof contingency planning for 20-year storms.

Well I don't have a pic right now but my shed and car were both crushed underneath a nice big ol tree which collapsed due to the ice we've been getting. The car took a branch too the windshield and hood while I was driving today. Thank god it was a POS Nissan.

I am SO sorry. Mother nature has turned many into her bitch this week. My community had literally run out of places to store snow, and we were precisely 5 degrees from an all-out catastrophe if today's rains had continued as last night's ice - or snow. I've been shoveling snow back into the streets and my driveway during daytime just to melt-off whatever I could to make space if we get hit again. I STILL have to figure-out a way to clear-off my roof, particularly since I don't have a POS Nissan to sacrifice to the weather gods.

I am SO sorry. Mother nature has turned many into her bitch this week. My community had literally run out of places to store snow, and we were precisely 5 degrees from an all-out catastrophe if today's rains had continued as last night's ice - or snow. I've been shoveling snow back into the streets and my driveway during daytime just to melt-off whatever I could to make space if we get hit again. I STILL have to figure-out a way to clear-off my roof, particularly since I don't have a POS Nissan to sacrifice to the weather gods.

Yeah +1 on the running out of places to put snow. Ive seen so many accidents because people couldnt see out into oncoming traffic because of the big @$$ piles of snow. Still more to come unfortunatly. Id love to be one of the warm weather guys right now.

Yeah +1 on the running out of places to put snow. Ive seen so many accidents because people couldnt see out into oncoming traffic because of the big @$ piles of snow. Still more to come unfortunatly. Id love to be one of the warm weather guys right now.

+1 on the warm weather.

I even had a few Nimrod neighbors come up to me to say, "You know... "they" don't like it when you make such a mess like that." To which I politely respond that "they" can kiss my ass, and if "they" want to arrest me for some imaginary ordinance, they'd better damn-well get here before it melts - and be prepared to become YouTube famous for carrying a gun but not understanding the first week of high school natural science and physics about surface area's effect upon melting and absorbing, versus reflecting, solar heat. In the meantime, as even my next door neighbor has 9-foot plow piles on either side of their driveway, I'm actually down to grass on some areas along my curb line.

The even-bigger problem we're going to be in for if it gets warm all at once is flooding. My area floods terribly even during moderate winters. We're going to be seriously hosed this year - particularly if people sit and do nothing - pretending that the municipality isn't broke or that they didn't vote for the Homeowner's Association to not pay for additional private removal. I feel like Ford - having to put-up with competitors who wouldn't help themselves, but screwed because if they don't get bailed-out, I'd get caught in the collateral damage.

Archived