TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing Mustang Gauge Pack now available

2010KonaBlueGT

For those of you/us waiting for the Mustang Gauge Pack for 2010+ Mustang GT's and Shelby GT500's, they are now available.

With or without gauges but "with" is pricey.

Without gauges:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12411

MSRP: $119.95

With gauges (Oil Press/Vehicle Perf/Water Temp):

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12414

MSRP: $1399.95

HTH,

Phill

post-26522-0-97272200-1296521090_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-27921500-1296521152_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-97272200-1296521090_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-27921500-1296521152_thumb.jpg

Same pod that will come with the Leguna Seca Boss.

I have seen these guages on a Boss 302 and they look good. If you are looking for a center dash guage layout, this looks good. I don't like the door frame setup. But the guages are too expensive. I am buying the mount only and putting in my own guages.

Racin' Randy

I have seen these guages on a Boss 302 and they look good. If you are looking for a center dash guage layout, this looks good. I don't like the door frame setup. But the guages are too expensive. I am buying the mount only and putting in my own guages.

Racin' Randy

I agree that this looks good and I would also go with my own gauges but having difficulty figuring out which ones .... Racin' Randy have you chosen your 3 yet and if so what..... I am leaning towards oil temp, water temp and ??

Huge money for guages.

Agreed. I like the gauge pod, but would buy the empty pod and have an oil pressure gauge, the performance gauge and an Aeroforce gauge (in lieu of the temp. gauge), as the Aeroforce gauge can tell you coolant temp plus a whole lot more....Yes, I know the Aeroforce gauge can do 0-60 etc but would rather dedicate it to temp and have a seperate gauge for performance testing.

Can anyone tell me if the "manifold pressure" reading that the Aeroforce gauge can do is the same as the boost gauge reading from the stock boost gauge?

There was another thread on the fact that the stock temp gauge and stock oil pressure gauge were really jazzed-up idiot lights. I was wondering if the stock boost gauge was cut from the same fake cloth and if the Aeroforce gauge would solve the phony temp reading and the (phony?) boost reading in one gauge.

I'll try again. Of the 3 gauges that come with the full set, can anyone share what exactly the center gauge ("vehicle perf") displays? It looks like a multifunction unit with 3 buttons.

Thanks.

Probably this one FRPP gauge at least that is what it looks like.

Probably this one FRPP gauge at least that is what it looks like.

Yes, it is that one you show from Lethal. You can get it from Tousley Ford at cost + 10% which is affordable as far as I am concerned.

Phill

Yes, it is that one you show from Lethal. You can get it from Tousley Ford at cost + 10% which is affordable as far as I am concerned.

Phill

Not wanting ot be the first one to do this I will wait for someone else to take the plung, take pictures and provide details on the ease of installation etc ...

Nothing came up on the Tousley parts page when using the UPS 75612212414 or M-6304GPACK-MA.

Do you have to punch thru the dash for wiring or does it route thru some existing location?

And that's the million dollar question for me, too.

It looks like you have to at least drill the dash for the pod mounting bracket so what's another hole at the glass?

If I were to have to drill a bunch of holes, I'd check to see how much a new dash pad is and buy one to pack away in storage (or use and pack the OE away).

Anyone ever replace a dash pad on a Mustang/GT500? How much?

Phill

And that's the million dollar question for me, too.

It looks like you have to at least drill the dash for the pod mounting bracket so what's another hole at the glass?

If I were to have to drill a bunch of holes, I'd check to see how much a new dash pad is and buy one to pack away in storage (or use and pack the OE away).

Anyone ever replace a dash pad on a Mustang/GT500? How much?

Phill

I'd be surprised if you couldn't mount this with 2-sided tape and run the wiring through the defroster vent.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't mount this with 2-sided tape and run the wiring through the defroster vent.

If you try and order this from Ford Racing there is now a back order date of April 2011. There is also a discount/reduced price currently going on. Not sure if it is much of a bargain still.

If you try and order to Ford Racing there is a back order date of April 2011. Ther eis also a discount/reduced price currently going on. Not sure if it is much of a bargain still.

You can't order direct from Ford Racing so where did you try to order from?

And is it the same place that gave you the discounted price?

I may buy just the pod and put my own gauges in it.

Thanks,

Phill

You can't order direct from Ford Racing so where did you try to order from?

And is it the same place that gave you the discounted price?

I may buy just the pod and put my own gauges in it.

Thanks,

Phill

I ordered from www.fordracingpartsdirect.com

An important tidbit for those who may be considering whether to buy the gauge pack (M-6304GPACK-MA) versus the empty pod (M-6304POD-MA) and populating them yourselves on a piece-by-piece basis, there are a handful of details people may find useful.

I too had considered populating them myself, but I couldn't reconcile why the cost of the package seemed to be MORE than the cost of the individual components. So, after calling Ford Racing who (not surprisingly) had absolutely no knowledge of it, I called Auto Meter directly and spoke to the project manager who's responsible for this little number - who was coincidentally in a meeting with Ford when I called.

The gauges included in the 6304GPACK are unique to the pack and not sold individually. There are some functional equivalents, but the gauges included in the assembly have different lighting, are made to connect more directly through existing harnesses/pigtails (though the oil pressure gauge is sender-driven and would require commensurate installation to become functional) and, in some cases, the internals have been improved to be product-specific (particularly in the D-PIC gauge). It was made to be as much of a backwardly-compatible "drop in" accessory with as much OE functionality as possible - including features not included in Ford Racing gauges Auto Meter makes for the aftermarket.

Of course, that doesn't solve for those who want a pyrometer or boost gauge rather than oil pressure, but it does account for a meaningful difference people should be aware of before presuming they can piece part their way to the same solution.

An important tidbit for those who may be considering whether to buy the gauge pack (M-6304GPACK-MA) versus the empty pod (M-6304POD-MA) and populating them yourselves on a piece-by-piece basis, there are a handful of details people may find useful.

I too had considered populating them myself, but I couldn't reconcile why the cost of the package seemed to be MORE than the cost of the individual components. So, after calling Ford Racing who (not surprisingly) had absolutely no knowledge of it, I called Auto Meter directly and spoke to the project manager who's responsible for this little number - who was coincidentally in a meeting with Ford when I called.

The gauges included in the 6304GPACK are unique to the pack and not sold individually. There are some functional equivalents, but the gauges included in the assembly have different lighting, are made to connect more directly through existing harnesses/pigtails (though the oil pressure gauge is sender-driven and would require commensurate installation to become functional) and, in some cases, the internals have been improved to be product-specific (particularly in the D-PIC gauge). It was made to be as much of a backwardly-compatible "drop in" accessory with as much OE functionality as possible - including features not included in Ford Racing gauges Auto Meter makes for the aftermarket.

Of course, that doesn't solve for those who want a pyrometer or boost gauge rather than oil pressure, but it does account for a meaningful difference people should be aware of before presuming they can piece part their way to the same solution.

Great post. I've been curious about why Ford is listing a price of $1300 for about $600 worth of gauges and a $75 pod. That said, I'm wondering how product-specific the D-PIC gauge is. Is it product-specific for the 5.0 Coyote in the Boss 302 and therefore not compatible with the GT500? I'd also be curious about what additional features are included. I like the pod and plan on getting it and filling it with a D-PIC, a Ford Racing oil pressure gauge and an Aeroforce gauge for coolant temp/OBD code reading

I'm sure Auto Meter can explain everything you want to know about the D-PIC, but what they explained to me was that it's entirely accelerometer-based and otherwise self-contained using certain "givens" based upon the stock curb weight allowing for a certain fuel load and a 200 lb passenger. How well it actually works in predicting HP or 0-60/60-0 or 1320 times, I don't know - but Auto Meter sounded very confident. It would probably behoove a person to have a baseline calibration against an external timing device, but it sounds like the D-PIC might be useful for judging relative properties - and certain others like lateral G-forces that it's better-suited to being able to compute on its own.

• 2 months later...

I just received a notice that delivery has been pushed-back to 7/1

Sigh...

Is Team Shelby PP running Ford Racing .... ? (Just kidding Robert).

Web site still shows 5/10 availability but I'm sure that will be changed soon as well. I don't know about you, but I placed my order on 2/10.

Archived