TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 black widebody

QUIKSVT

I've been through Galpin and was looking at a buying a Shelby there. Met the guy that probably did that car. Have his card around here somewhere. I think his last name is Carpenter. He's big into custom Mustangs as is the shop. They have a storage/display/museum area adjacent to their speed shop with some nice Mustangs. Saw the Mustang from the film Kick Ass as well as Stallone's Mustang. They build the Iacocca cars.

I like the idea of the wide body car, but I want to see a design that looks like something that rolled off something like the American LeMans series- not Pimp My Ride.

-Wingrider

I've been through Galpin and was looking at a buying a Shelby there. Met the guy that probably did that car. Have his card around here somewhere. I think his last name is Carpenter. He's big into custom Mustangs as is the shop. They have a storage/display/museum area adjacent to their speed shop with some nice Mustangs. Saw the Mustang from the film Kick Ass as well as Stallone's Mustang. They build the Iacocca cars.

I like the idea of the wide body car, but I want to see a design that looks like something that rolled off something like the American LeMans series- not Pimp My Ride.

-Wingrider

The car is owned by Galpin Motor Sports, and you're right, it was Steve Carpinter that built (created) it. It's their current show car.

The car is owned by Galpin Motor Sports, and you're right, it was Steve Carpinter that built (created) it. It's their current show car.

He seemed like a good guy. You know he's established when he googles his own name plus "Mustang" in front of you and you see pages of stuff. Was willing to spend quite a bit of time with me. Even hopped in a cart and rolled across the street to hand me off to one of his preferred reps. Shame that personalized effort didn't carry over to the sales team. I was *this* close to getting one from them and all it would have taken was 1 phone call. I'd send my car down to them. They come get cars from the bay area for about $250.

...but anyway they have done things I like to base cars that are sitting on their lot. This one will certainly find a home.

Archived