TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Looking Rims For SGT

What do you guys think???

My car is an 07 Black SGT was considering Black Razors but are no longer available now considering Chrome 20inch Razors!

Some opinions on the best looking Rims that will allow the big brake packages.

Pictures and discussion would be great!!!!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My car is an 07 Black SGT was considering Black Razors but are no longer available now considering Chrome 20inch Razors!

shelbywheels...

Available sometime in Feb.

CS70 Matte Grey

I really like the look of my cs69's, have been juggling buying some GT4's for some time now just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Too bad the new Shelby Wheels will all be 20's.

Of course if you want 20's on your car, I would personally put the black powder coated Alcoas on it.

Chris

I've always been a fan of the Razors on these cars... granted I'm a little biased... but I've seen the 20" Silver and 20" Chrome on the Black ones and I thought it looked fantastic! The Silver ones go perfect with the stripes and the Chrome ones pop very nicely with the shiny black paint. I'd have to say I don't think there is a better looking wheel on the Black SGT's. Obviously there are many nice looking combo's, I just think those 2 combos are best on black.

I have the powdercoated Shelby Alcoa wheels that come on the supersnake so when they get on we can see how they look. I have a feeling on the black with the carbon I got on they will look great.

I have the silver cs 40's with 20x9 front and 20x10 rear. I was thinking about buying razors but had always liked the 40's in silver and i had never seen them on anyone's car so i thought i would try them. I have received many compliments , and the silver on the wheels bring out the silver stripes. I decided to stay away from chrome because a lot of people have chrome wheels of all kinds on there cars. I'm glad we all have different taste as i like to see the different styles that everyone has. If we were all the same then it would be quite boring.

i've always had a thing for my CS56's. so much so that when i decided i was going to eventually go to big brakes i bought a set of GEN 2 CS56's. i still have my GEN 1 CS56's will probably end up selling them localy. only have 3 though as one was destroyed when a lock lug snapped below the collar, dealer had to break the stud and destroy the wheel to get the stuck lock nut off. :banghead:

VERY SHARP! I really like the way that looks!

p.s. Your "9sec ricer" signature comment made me spit coke on my keyboard! :hysterical:

thanks. its good to hear people say they like it. makes it all worht while, and man is it fun to drive :shift:

hahah yeah, its probably the truest thing that can be said. you can make anything fast, doesnt make it cool

I like the CS69's, pretty obvious because that is what I bought. Roger used to have them on his Black Shelby GT, after I saw his I was sold, they looked fantastic.

Those do look fantastic on you White SGT. Been thinkin' lately that maybe my Gun Metal Razors are a bit too dark. Might go with those. They still available with the gray/silver trim? Where's the best place to get them?... if you still can.

First thing I put on my black SGT was chrome Shelby Razors made the car really stand out,I really am not a fan of black rims on any car,Boss ,SGT,Super Snake,or what ever.Just like I don't care for all the Black so called sinster bikes from Harley,some people like them but I don't give them a second look.

I haven't been on the forums for a while, but have been waiting for a while to finally change my Bullet wheels. They are fine if you want the muscle car look, but I prefer a more modern road car look. I track the car and want to add larger brakes, which can't happen with the stock wheels. I also want to keep a Ford look, and almost went with the '07~'09 GT500 wheels, but I didn't want to look like a GT500 wannabe. Ford Racing has just relased the '10 GT500 Conv. wheels, so I jumped on them. I wanted to be sure there were no issues with fitment; there is maybe 1/4" between the wheel and the shock.

I still have to decide on tires! So, excuse the early post, but I couldn't wait to see what it looked like on the car. As an aside, I'm deciding between the Dunlop Direzza Star Spec or the Nitto NT05. The problem is that the GT500 tire sizes are not common, and the Goodyears are just not that good of a tire. I'm going to have to go with a 245 front and a 275 rear to keep the overall diameter the same, but this height is about 1.5" shorter than the current tires. I'm probably going to be dragging the lower-front, but unfortunately that happens every now and then anyway.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to get the tires and brakes and finish the job.

post-25278-0-26303500-1296785189_thumb.jpg

post-25278-0-82692500-1296785602_thumb.jpg

Man, those look fantastic too. Can wait to see some rubber on them. Not sure I'd agree with the 245 fronts, but to each his own. I went with 265 all the way around and really like the balance of not-too-low profile, but not a real meaty look either. Just a thought, but ether way, I think those wheels will look killer. And ya gotta love the SVT center caps!

I haven't been on the forums for a while, but have been waiting for a while to finally change my Bullet wheels. They are fine if you want the muscle car look, but I prefer a more modern road car look. I track the car and want to add larger brakes, which can't happen with the stock wheels. I also want to keep a Ford look, and almost went with the '07~'09 GT500 wheels, but I didn't want to look like a GT500 wannabe. Ford Racing has just relased the '10 GT500 Conv. wheels, so I jumped on them. I wanted to be sure there were no issues with fitment; there is maybe 1/4" between the wheel and the shock.

I still have to decide on tires! So, excuse the early post, but I couldn't wait to see what it looked like on the car. As an aside, I'm deciding between the Dunlop Direzza Star Spec or the Nitto NT05. The problem is that the GT500 tire sizes are not common, and the Goodyears are just not that good of a tire. I'm going to have to go with a 245 front and a 275 rear to keep the overall diameter the same, but this height is about 1.5" shorter than the current tires. I'm probably going to be dragging the lower-front, but unfortunately that happens every now and then anyway.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to get the tires and brakes and finish the job.

SGT wheel.jpg

SGT wheel 2.jpg

with the SVT18" wheels you should have plenty of tires to pick from. I'm running the same wheels on a 08 Bullitt and have 285/40's on the front and 305/40's on the rear with the FR3 suspension plus FR1.5" lowering springs

Such a difficult question!

There are literally hundreds of wheels that would fit the bill and it's such an individual question, which is why there are so many! One mans "gotta have'um" wheels, is another mans "they look awful" wheels. So out of hundreds and hundreds of options you may see 4-5 here, 10 tops.

I do wish there was a better way to shop for wheels. You should be able to go to a web site and enter the physical attributes and get a view of all wheels. Then with a click see the wheels on the car of your choice. The technology is there. Anyone know a site like that?

with the SVT18" wheels you should have plenty of tires to pick from. I'm running the same wheels on a 08 Bullitt and have 285/40's on the front and 305/40's on the rear with the FR3 suspension plus FR1.5" lowering springs

:peelout: can you post a picture?

Such a difficult question!

There are literally hundreds of wheels that would fit the bill and it's such an individual question, which is why there are so many! One mans "gotta have'um" wheels, is another mans "they look awful" wheels. So out of hundreds and hundreds of options you may see 4-5 here, 10 tops.

I do wish there was a better way to shop for wheels. You should be able to go to a web site and enter the physical attributes and get a view of all wheels. Then with a click see the wheels on the car of your choice. The technology is there. Anyone know a site like that?

Tire rack has that....www.tirerack.com.

Archived