TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Widest tire on stock rims?

Just wondering if anyone is running a wider tire on the Shelby stock rims? Or if there is a wider rim that matchs the stock ones?

Check out the Torque Thrust wheel.

http://www.americanracing.com/browse_carroll.asp

Just wondering if anyone is running a wider tire on the Shelby stock rims? Or if there is a wider rim that matchs the stock ones?

Check out the Torque Thrust wheel.

http://www.americanracing.com/browse_carroll.asp

i am running goodyear supercars in a 285 on the back and a 255 on the front. on the stock wheels.

Same here, but I would not recommend road tracking with the 285s on the stock rims.

Same here, but I would not recommend road tracking with the 285s on the stock rims.

I dont plan on road tracking it. Im just looking for better traction on the street. Im upgrading to the 4.10s and would like to be able to dirve the car instead of just sitting at the red lights spinning the tires.

I dont plan on road tracking it. Im just looking for better traction on the street. Im upgrading to the 4.10s and would like to be able to dirve the car instead of just sitting at the red lights spinning the tires.

Just because the tire is wider doesn't mean you'll get better traction. A tire that is too wide for the rim will not be putting all the tread to the pavement that it should and could cause even worse traction. If you want some good grip on the street a 265/40/18 MT ET Street will put the power to the pavement. Don't ever drive that tire in the rain though.

Just because the tire is wider doesn't mean you'll get better traction. A tire that is too wide for the rim will not be putting all the tread to the pavement that it should and could cause even worse traction. If you want some good grip on the street a 265/40/18 MT ET Street will put the power to the pavement. Don't ever drive that tire in the rain though.

I drive my car everyday so not driving in the rain isnt much of an option. If its the tires in his sig pic there doesnt seem to be much sidewall bulge .

I drive my car everyday so not driving in the rain isnt much of an option. If its the tires in his sig pic there doesnt seem to be much sidewall bulge .

The tires look good but I'll feel much better once they are on the wider GT-500 wheels that I plan on getting for the Brembo brakes.

Here's a pic...

post-23984-0-28319700-1296522299_thumb.jpg

post-23984-0-28319700-1296522299_thumb.jpg

Archived