TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lojack anti-theft

Bushmaster

Does anyone else here have Lojack installed on their car? I was just at the State Farm agency to give them my certificate, after finally getting it transferred to my name, and the guy needed to take a photo of the unit in the car. Unfortunately, neither of us knew where it might be and rather than spend - waste - a lot of time looking, I thought I'd ask my fellow Shelby owners. They need photos of it to show that it's got its own power source.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Does anyone else here have Lojack installed on their car? I was just at the State Farm agency to give them my certificate, after finally getting it transferred to my name, and the guy needed to take a photo of the unit in the car. Unfortunately, neither of us knew where it might be and rather than spend - waste - a lot of time looking, I thought I'd ask my fellow Shelby owners. They need photos of it to show that it's got its own power source.

I have it on my super snake, but the thing is, they don't even show you where they put it and the installer said they have several different spots they use for each car. That said, i believe its under the dash, more on the passenger side. good luck

I have it on my car and do not know where it is located. By "own power source" are they talking about a battery or something like that? I have never heard that one. The Auto Club did not require out of me what is being required out of you.

Jim

I had one installed in my 65.I too, do not know where mine was installed. From what I understand, if the lojacks internal battery needs replacement, the same tech who installed it, or the info is passed to a different tech and he/she will replace the battery. Another words, no one is suppose to know the location of the install except for the lojack dealers tech. I have the early warning system, so I am able to test it to prove that I have one. My advice is to you is to find an alternative showing proof of having the system.ie; paperwork. Good luck

I had one installed in my 65.I too, do not know where mine was installed. From what I understand, if the lojacks internal battery needs replacement, the same tech who installed it, or the info is passed to a different tech and he/she will replace the battery. Another words, no one is suppose to know the location of the install except for the lojack dealers tech. I have the early warning system, so I am able to test it to prove that I have one. My advice is to you is to find an alternative showing proof of having the system.ie; paperwork. Good luck

same here when i had it installed they told me that there not suppose to tell you were it is .

JIM

Thanks for the tips, guys. I've got some ideas where to go looking now. Not sure why State Farm is insistent on taking photos of the unit, but since they seem to be, I guess I'll have to accomodate. Maybe I'll talk to them again and let them know that the idea is for its location to be unknown, for obvious reasons.

You might try going to the local Police Station and have them Actvate it and then give you poof that it is installed. Their Program might be able to tell you if it has a Battery Back Up to.

It doesn't work that way. The transponder is only activated after it receives a message from the state stolen vehicle system that the car has been reported stolen. The individual police departments don't activate the unit. At least not in CA.

I got trained to use the lojack to find the stolen car and the lojack guy said your not suppse to know where its installed. So just in case your decided to do an insurance job on your car you can't disable it. He showed a actual lojack hunt for a stolen car. They had a hunch that the owner did it himself they tracked the signal back to the owners house he had the car hiding in there. When you get lojack installed it has to be someone who is certified from lojack just as cop gets certified So whoever did the install has to give a certified install document if the car was bought from a dealer the dealer has to give the info. But that was almost 10yrs ago.

I don't have this on my car but will make it a priority when/if I move south of the border - as the point is that no-one is meant to know where it is located why would an insurance co. ask such a question? Call back and check that it isn't a scam by a particular employee. As for the poster who cited the location of his you may want to edit that info out of your post - I could see an insurance co. digging something like this up as a reason not to pay out if the car were ever to be stolen and the lojack disabled / removed.

Thanks again for all the great advice, guys. I'm going to call State Farm this morning and let them know what I've learned. It's not the agent - he didn't know any more about it than I did and obviously hadn't had a customer with Lojack before. He was getting all his information - or lack of - on the phone from someone higher up the chain.

Because the installation varies on interior space and the installers discretion, the installer "mapped" the location where he/she installed the unit in your car on the original paperwork. I suspect that if you provide Lo-Jack with your car's VIN, they will be able to tell you exactly where the transponder was installed within the car.

I have put this out there and I know a lot of people don't like big brother watching over us. But to a point the On-star in the cars is a great life saver all the way around from accidents to stolen cars. Just the fact that your car gets stolen and they can shut down your car before it gets wrecked or worse. I have used lojack and recover 2 cars that were dumped and you have to come with in range to pick the signal up by then its scrape metal. On-star knows where your car is or going every car should have one installed it would slow down car thieves for a while.

I don't have this on my car but will make it a priority when/if I move south of the border - as the point is that no-one is meant to know where it is located why would an insurance co. ask such a question? Call back and check that it isn't a scam by a particular employee. As for the poster who cited the location of his you may want to edit that info out of your post - I could see an insurance co. digging something like this up as a reason not to pay out if the car were ever to be stolen and the lojack disabled / removed.

If you ever decide to get Lojack, I would advise getting the early warning system. I have that in my car and everyonce in awhile I test the system, and it works. On another note, the Onstar setup sounds very good, too!

If you ever decide to get Lojack, I would advise getting the early warning system. I have that in my car and everyonce in awhile I test the system, and it works. On another note, the Onstar setup sounds very good, too!

I presume that's some kind of motion detection add on - if so that's a good addition and duly noted that it should be on the vehicle, thanks for the tip.

I presume that's some kind of motion detection add on - if so that's a good addition and duly noted that it should be on the vehicle, thanks for the tip.

The early warning option consists of a small, battery powered key ring fob that must be in the car whenever it's driven or the transponder will generate a signal that the car is in motion without the fob. The signal will then activate a system to contact the owner via pre-established contact information. You can set up the system to contact you by an automated phone call, via email, by a text message, or all three.

Whatever alarm all cars should have a shut down system it would save the from a car chase and who wants it back after some thuugs butt stain on your seat. In my old 89 gt I use to go to the trunk and punch the fuel shut off relay. So there was no way of them starting the car and to start push in the reset button.

The early warning option consists of a small, battery powered key ring fob that must be in the car whenever it's driven or the transponder will generate a signal that the car is in motion without the fob. The signal will then activate a system to contact the owner via pre-established contact information. You can set up the system to contact you by an automated phone call, via email, by a text message, or all three.

Exactly. On another note, I had my car in a tranny shop one time, and the car just rising on their lift was enough to set it off. I love my Lokack!

Archived