TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Every Taxpayer should thank the Packers

Every Red Blooded American should jump in line to support the Green Bay Packers! The Packers defeated the Chicago Bears on Sunday afternoon thus earning them the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. By doing so, they saved the Hard-Working, Red Blooded, Taxpaying Americans literally several million dollars of tax money. How you say?

Simple... we were told that if the Chicago Bears had won that President Obama (and probably his family) would be attending the Super Bowl to cheer on his hometown team.

Since the Bears lost...the President won't be attending. The money saved from not using Air Force 1, the limosines, all the additional security, and let's not forget Michelle Obama's entourage, is literally several million dollars! Therefore every American should cheer on the Green Bay Packers at the Super Bowl to show them our gratitude.

:o

Every Red Blooded American should jump in line to support the Green Bay Packers! The Packers defeated the Chicago Bears on Sunday afternoon thus earning them the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl. By doing so, they saved the Hard-Working, Red Blooded, Taxpaying Americans literally several million dollars of tax money. How you say?

Simple... we were told that if the Chicago Bears had won that President Obama (and probably his family) would be attending the Super Bowl to cheer on his hometown team.

Since the Bears lost...the President won't be attending. The money saved from not using Air Force 1, the limosines, all the additional security, and let's not forget Michelle Obama's entourage, is literally several million dollars! Therefore every American should cheer on the Green Bay Packers at the Super Bowl to show them our gratitude.

Yup happy feet.gifhappy feet.gif And to think he fires up AF1 at the drop of a hat with no care for the environment and his carbon footprint while wanting us to believe otherwise :superhero:

Sherri,

It doesn't stop there. Most every time AF1 takes off for some destination with POTUS, several C5's have preceeded that flight with a full load of limosines, SS Suburbans, Com vehicles and other support equipment to transport the presidential entourage. Yeah, very environmentally friendly.

Sherri,

It doesn't stop there. Most every time AF1 takes off for some destination with POTUS, several C5's have preceeded that flight with a full load of limosines, SS Suburbans, Com vehicles and other support equipment to transport the presidential entourage. Yeah, very environmentally friendly.

I've participated in many Presidential moves over the years as a C-141 and then later as a C-17 aircrew member. C-130's are also usually involved in transporting SS teams stateside for preparation visits. I've seen overseas moves where 25% and more of the available C-17 force was used to transport the President support package. The President's travel is the highest priority of the Air Force's airlift units. It affects everything we do to include the war effort as we've pulled missions from that to support the Office. I can recall one presidential move in the 80's when we transported the presidential support package that took nine C-141's and three C-5's for a birthday party for the President that lasted several hours and then returned the package to the White House. Towards the end of 2000 I thought we were going to wear out the C-17 force as we continually transported the Presidential package back and to from the the middle east as Clinton was looking for a legacy of peace in that region of the world to close out his Presidential years instead of what most people remember him for. It doesn't matter who's President or which party is in office, when AF1 flies, a considerable amount of the Air Force's airlifters are there too. The money spent on salaries for the President and the White House staff and other politicians is a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of transporting them to their destinations.

This is not meant to be a political post but to inform the taxpayers where a portion of our money is spent that you'll never hear about. Oh and yes, Thank you Packers for the tax savings (LOL).

:salute:

Hey now, maybe we should thank the Chicago Bears?????

They didn't show up in the first half and their dismal comeback fell short in the second half...........

All in an effort to Save the Tax Payers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ??????? :hysterical:

Hey now, maybe we should thank the Chicago Bears?????

They didn't show up in the first half and their dismal comeback fell short in the second half...........

All in an effort to Save the Tax Payers $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ??????? :hysterical:

This is true!!!! :hysterical:

Aside from the other aircraft that support the President flying, I believe there is also a identical 747 (just like AF-1) flown as a back up as well.

A Telephone repair man told me once that when He comes to town they have to go to the airport and install 100 phone lines to support his staff and operations.

You probably know already, but the designation Air Force One or Marine One is only used when the President is on board. For the life of me I can't think of it's designation when the Pres is not on it.

You probably know already, but the designation Air Force One or Marine One is only used when the President is on board. For the life of me I can't think of it's designation when the Pres is not on it.

It uses a standard assigned call sign like any other military aircraft would have when the President is not onboard. ANY aircraft/helo the President is on is designated Air Force/Marine One when he flies. We flew President Clinton (not me personally) on four different missions in and out of Bosnia/Kosovo in the 90's and those C-17’s carried the call sign “Air Force One” on those particular missions.

On one of the missions as they were descending into a hot area, the aircraft commander told a Secret Service Agent to wake up the President from the crew bunk as he needed to be in a seat as they were preparing to land. The S.S. agent told the pilot I’m not waking him up, he’s tired. So the pilot made the softest landing he could under the circumstances. Shortly after that all C-17 came from the factory with a seat belt installed in the crew bunk and the earlier models were retrofitted.

I’ve never hauled the President by I’ve followed them around the world carrying the Secret Service agents, limos, helicopters, and communication packages. When Jimmy Carter left office, we even carried Amy Carter’s doll house back to Plains, Georgia in a military cargo plane.

Archived