TEAM SHELBY FORUM

American Muscle Bama Tunes

Has anyone used the Bama tunes from American Muscle? I am looking at ordering the 4.10 gears for the SGT. Since I need a tuner I was looking at the American Muscle tuner/gear combo. I like the idea of getting free tunes for life. Iys nice to know when I add more mods that Bama will send me a new tune to match.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/xcal2-410-gear-oil-kit.html

I recently got one for my 07 GT-H, but don't have a lot of seat time with it yet. I have some issues that I need to work on.

I will say they were easy to work with when I couldn't get the initial tunes to load, even when it turned out that it was probably my fault.

I have the bama tunes on my SCT flash tuner. I have the 89, 91, and 93 octane tunes. My 93 octane tune is a custom race tune. Really wakes the car up! Throttle is very sensitive and much snappier under throttle. I am going to be doing some major modding this March (Mods in my Signature) and will be having JDM do a custom Dyno tune for me. A dyno tune is far better than any canned tune. But if you have no major engine modifications, a canned tune is great.

I just returned my GTH back to stock this week. I tried both the 91 performance and 91 street tunes (we don't have 93 octane readily available in WA state).

The main problem was that the pedal was inconsistent. Half the time the car lurches when accelerating from a light and the other half it accelerates normally. I couldn't stand it, as there was no way to know when it was going to lurch or not. I'd end up either accelerating like grandpa who can't find the gas pedal, or like a teenage who's learning how to drive stick and lurching forward. If it was consistently one way or the other I'd be able to adjust to it, but it wasn't.

The shifts were barely firmer than stock. My GTH has 60k (the highest I know of), and the stock tranny was slipping in the lower gears. I ended up getting a used TCI Super Streetfighter from a guy who works at a Ford dealership, and had him install it. Before the tune the TCI tranny shifted the same as the stock unit. After the tune it shifted a bit firmer, but nowhere near what I was expecting.

I haven't decided whether to call up and try to get another set of tunes, or just leave the programmer alone until I get either a rear gear change or hot rod cams - then try again.

I have to admit that I'm one of those people who never seems to be satisfied with stuff I get done to my cars. For example my fox body lowering springs dropped the front lower than they were supposed to so it would scrape on every speed bump, I had the Cobra front brake upgrade done to my 2003 GT and it felt no different to me than stock, etc... Whatever the cause I just don't seem to be too lucky or happy with my upgrades.

Archived