TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What region should BC be in

glroy

Not wanting to start a revolt but:

Should BC be part of the PacificTS region rather then the Canadian region??

We do have more in common with the west coast states ( events and meets ) than the folks in Toronto or other spots in eastern Canada. Any thoughts???

Glen

Not wanting to start a revolt but:

Should BC be part of the PacificTS region rather then the Canadian region??

We do have more in common with the west coast states ( events and meets ) than the folks in Toronto or other spots in eastern Canada. Any thoughts???

Glen

IMHO, you belong in the Pacific Region for the reasons you state.

Jim

Im sure for now you can consider yourself belonging to whatever region offers you the most, and events that you can attend. Our plan as it stands is to get the U.S. up and running and use our experience getting that right before we attempt to regionalize other countries, although I agree, Canada is blurry line since there is a reasonably close region you can piggyback. My guess would be right now that you Western guys keep tabs on the pacific region, central guys look to the Northern Plains, and Toronto has the luxury of having both the great lakes region AND the Northeast, but they may have trouble communicating with those regions as I dont think either of those directors speak french...:hysterical: All joking aside, when it all comes together, Im sure Canada will be broken up into managable regions as well. As you have pointed out BC is no where near Toronto.

Im sure for now you can consider yourself belonging to whatever region offers you the most, and events that you can attend. Our plan as it stands is to get the U.S. up and running and use our experience getting that right before we attempt to regionalize other countries, although I agree, Canada is blurry line since there is a reasonably close region you can piggyback. My guess would be right now that you Western guys keep tabs on the pacific region, central guys look to the Northern Plains, and Toronto has the luxury of having both the great lakes region AND the Northeast, but they may have trouble communicating with those regions as I dont think either of those directors speak french...:hysterical: All joking aside, when it all comes together, Im sure Canada will be broken up into managable regions as well. As you have pointed out BC is no where near Toronto.

Sounds like a great plan to me........thanks Warren.

Many thanks to the Pacific region your support is greatly appreciatedThanks!! Sure nice to be wanted :salute:

Warrenyou hit most of the points I was after. My thought is; rather than have aCanadian region, ignore the border and just use the existing regions for the Canadiansto join.

I will give you a short description of Canada geographyand population distribution. :stats:

• Population 32 million
  • The 49th parallel is basically the Canada US border
  • 80-90% of Canada’s population lives within 90 miles of the 49th
  • It would be a shorter drive for me (Victoria) to visit Warren than to visit my friends in Toronto
  • We do have a bilingual speaking country, Anglophone (English speaking) and francophone (French speaking) we get along quite well as long as politics is not involved :hysterical:
  • Quebec is our primary Francophone province
  • Toronto is primarily Anglophone and is as all Canadians know “the center of the Universe” in its own mind, they even wanted to form there own country at one point. Enough said

There are not a lot of TS members in Canada and they are spread out inthis thin band across the continent.

So I purpose we eliminate the Canadian regionand just have a North American Team Shelby for both Countries. No Politics or bordersjust Shelbys

Let’s not forget about Alaska in the Pacific region

Glen

Enjoy any region you want. The Pacific Region is a tad bit large at the moment. We would have to look at organization prior to putting the Canadian folks in a current region. Not saying we cant do that but, we will have to look carefully.

I vote for the "Kokanee" region :beerchug:

for some reason Tom that just makes sense coming from you :hysterical:

My DR friend drinks that stuff by the pail. I always tell him it is honeymoon on The beach beer ( f#### near water) :hysterical:

Glen

• 3 months later...

for some reason Tom that just makes sense coming from you :hysterical:

My DR friend drinks that stuff by the pail. I always tell him it is honeymoon on The beach beer ( f#### near water) :hysterical:

Glen

Now available in California at Bevmo (Beverages 'n More)... me soooo happy :happy feet:

kokanee.JPG

kokanee.JPG

Archived