TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I installed my Borla S-types today

Cdvision

The brown van came this afternoon and within minutes I was down in the parking garage installing my Borla Stingers (#11777). Pretty easy install. It took me about an hour including jacking up the car. The toughest part was getting at some of the support bracket bolts with the huge stock mufflers in the way. A 13mm ratcheting wrench made things much easier. Bolting up the new Borlas was a breeze. My right muffler is off center about a 1/4 inch so I need to crawl under and tweak it a little. They do not stick out as far as the stock muffler, maybe 3/8 inch shorter. As for the sound.....they are exactly what I was looking for. A little louder than stock at normal cruise speed with a really nice sound when you blip the throttle from idle. I did not notice any drone in the 1800-2000 rpm range as some people have noted. Mine had a manufacture date of Nov 2010. They sound great, more growl and deeper sounding off idle. Under full throttle they have a similar tone to stock ...but slightly deeper and louder, same with deceleration. Plus they look great. I'm very pleased!!! :shift:

DSCF1654.jpg

DSCF1653.jpg

DSCF1657.jpg

DSCF1661.jpg

DSCF1662.jpg

DSCF1663.jpg

DSCF1666.jpg

Need some sound clips :)

I've found sound clips to be totally useless. Audio captured on a cel phone or cheap camera and played back though a laptop sounds like ass. The only way to decide is to go to a car show and listen to a few different ones to determine the sound you like. I always liked the Borla tone and just went for it. I love the way they sound.

Any drone?

No drone. I was cruising between 1700 and 2100 rpm and it sounds fine!! Even if there was a drone at that rpm I wouldn't care....they sound sooooooo gooood!!!!!! :drool:

I just picked the wife up from work and she said "Now that's what a muscle car should sound like!!!"

Yeah my wife is constantly telling me she liked the sound on my S281 with Borlas more than my Shelby.

Anyone installed Stingers on an '11 yet? Not sure how the exhaust changes change everything.

Very nice!

I still think SVT NAILED! the sound right from the factory, though. GT500 is one of the best sounding cars, stock, out there!

I wanted a bit deeper sound and more growl off idle and the rolled tips look way better than the stock tips. But yeah the GT500 stock exhaust sounds very nice, especially on the 2011's with the h-pipe.

Yeah my wife is constantly telling me she liked the sound on my S281 with Borlas more than my Shelby.

Anyone installed Stingers on an '11 yet? Not sure how the exhaust changes change everything.

I think the new Stingers for the 2011 would sound amazing!! The 2010 sounds like a muscle car with an exotic twist due to the X-pipe and the 2011's have more of a classic muscle car sound with the H-pipe.

Here's some better pics.

DSC_0556.jpg

DSC_0557.jpg

DSC_0558.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

Hi Cdvision,

Are these 4" tips? They look a bit smaller than stock. Maybe it's the rolled tips???

Also, I have to admit, I love the non rolled tips! The sharpness is just sexy IMHO.

DaFreak.

Hi Cdvision,

Are these 4" tips? They look a bit smaller than stock. Maybe it's the rolled tips???

Also, I have to admit, I love the non rolled tips! The sharpness is just sexy IMHO.

DaFreak.

Yup 4", I measued them when they came in. The sharpness of the stockers look cheap to me and I was almost going to just get the tips cut off and have nicer ones put on.

Nice job man, they look sweet....

I have the KR special edition mufflers, part number M-5230-SA and I am definately happy with the sound of them and especially they have NO DRONE!!

Still I would of loved to hear these borlas on mine to compare, and another draw back to mine is there 3.5 inch tips,and also decent looking but not great looking like the Borlas...

Archived