TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Carlisle All Ford Nationals

eagledriver

The GT 500 KR has been chosen as the Invitational car for the show. Now that we have the "Hall of Kings" display settled we need all other Shelbys of all years.

The show runs June 3-5th and even if you can't attend all 3 days we are looking for Shelbys to really make this year's show outstanding! If we get enough interest from owners we can get a TS members tent and put on a fantastic selection of Shelbys for the thousands of spectators.

We have KRs coming from all over North America including some really rare examples. We really need GT500s, 350s, SGTs and Cobras to show everyone just how awesome owning a Shelby is!

So, who is in for the biggest multi-day all Ford event in the Country??

Hope to see you there!

Andy

You guys crack me up! Yes, The Pinto in all its glory is being given away as the free car give-away this year and as a result the Pinto is being heavily promoted on the website for now.

It's also to highlight the new 2013 Shelby Pinto : 700 horses of pure explosive (only if you get rear ended) power. LMAO!

There is a huge amount of back and forth to coordinate the Shelby end of this so until certain agreements are made they can't promote it quite yet but I can assure you it will be soon. I was totally immersed in the KR end of it which will be displayed in Bldg "G". For those who have attended before it's the main Invitational building right inside gate 1 which is the main spectator gate. We will have around 24 KRs displayed inside and a number outside as well. It has taken months to get everything ready for the display and I can now start working on getting the other Shelbys going. Carlisle normally sees around 150 Shelbys each year at the show. In order to promote it seriuosly we need to have every TS member who s going to pre-register online and state on the form that you are a Team Shelby member. I'd like to double the number and have 300+ Shelbys at the show. But we can't do it without all your help... The KRs are all set and will be advertised very soon as we had a deadline for the directory and such but I now want to officially put the word out to everyone: If we have enough pre-registered from TS then Carlisle plans on promoting it as "THE Grand Shelby Reunion". We need you to register now as the sooner we get cars committed the sooner we can start promoting it.

When organizing the KR group I had at least 300 apply to be a part of it. Don't let those KR guys steal the show. I KNOW there is at least that many Shelbys in the PA/MD/NJ area alone. We need some really kick ass 500s and SGTs and SS to show up and show Carlisle what a Shelby gathering is.

As soon as I get updates I'll let everyone know and I expect the website to have the KR info soon and the Shelby info shortly thereafter...

Andy

Oh and I now have the utmost respect for those who coordinate car shows as I never realized how much work is involved on the "back end".

You guys crack me up! Yes, The Pinto in all its glory is being given away as the free car give-away this year and as a result the Pinto is being heavily promoted on the website for now.

It's also to highlight the new 2013 Shelby Pinto : 700 horses of pure explosive (only if you get rear ended) power. LMAO!

There is a huge amount of back and forth to coordinate the Shelby end of this so until certain agreements are made they can't promote it quite yet but I can assure you it will be soon. I was totally immersed in the KR end of it which will be displayed in Bldg "G". For those who have attended before it's the main Invitational building right inside gate 1 which is the main spectator gate. We will have around 24 KRs displayed inside and a number outside as well. It has taken months to get everything ready for the display and I can now start working on getting the other Shelbys going. Carlisle normally sees around 150 Shelbys each year at the show. In order to promote it seriuosly we need to have every TS member who s going to pre-register online and state on the form that you are a Team Shelby member. I'd like to double the number and have 300+ Shelbys at the show. But we can't do it without all your help... The KRs are all set and will be advertised very soon as we had a deadline for the directory and such but I now want to officially put the word out to everyone: If we have enough pre-registered from TS then Carlisle plans on promoting it as "THE Grand Shelby Reunion". We need you to register now as the sooner we get cars committed the sooner we can start promoting it.

When organizing the KR group I had at least 300 apply to be a part of it. Don't let those KR guys steal the show. I KNOW there is at least that many Shelbys in the PA/MD/NJ area alone. We need some really kick ass 500s and SGTs and SS to show up and show Carlisle what a Shelby gathering is.

As soon as I get updates I'll let everyone know and I expect the website to have the KR info soon and the Shelby info shortly thereafter...

Andy

Oh and I now have the utmost respect for those who coordinate car shows as I never realized how much work is involved on the "back end".

If u want a 1965 Gt350, my boss recently got his 350 back a 2 weeks ago and it is restored to perfect condition, but he would want the car to be in a building the whole weekend

If u want a 1965 Gt350, my boss recently got his 350 back a 2 weeks ago and it is restored to perfect condition, but he would want the car to be in a building the whole weekend

The only inside display I organized is the KR Hall of Kings display. Your boss could fill out a general Invitational form and submit it for consideration for an inside spot. They are very limited and have hundreds and hundreds of applicants so while it's unlikely, there still is a small chance he could get one of the remaining inside spot in one of the other buildings. Please direct him to the Carlisle website and have him download and submit a form. If he changes his mind the showfield is always open with no restrictions. We are primarily looking for showfield cars to be placed just outside the KR display.

No rear ended jokes. :banghead:

I'll be there with an as good as new '11 350 & maybe the 500 too.

Can't wait.

Tony, I will see you and the "six million dollar" GT-350. Rebuilt better, faster and stronger than before... and If the 350 is there then I'm sure I'll see the 500 too ;)

Will you accept a 2007 GTH

07GTH350

By all means! There usually is around 12-15 or so GTHs that attend each year. Just go to the Carlisle Events website and pre-register. Make sure to include "Team Shelby" as your club affiliation.

I'll be there. And will spread the word to other regional shelby's I know.

Great! I'll see you there! Thanks for passing the word along of the show.

The GT 500 KR has been chosen as the Invitational car for the show. Now that we have the "Hall of Kings" display settled we need all other Shelbys of all years.

The show runs June 3-5th and even if you can't attend all 3 days we are looking for Shelbys to really make this year's show outstanding! If we get enough interest from owners we can get a TS members tent and put on a fantastic selection of Shelbys for the thousands of spectators.

We have KRs coming from all over North America including some really rare examples. We really need GT500s, 350s, SGTs and Cobras to show everyone just how awesome owning a Shelby is!

Hope to see you there!

Andy

Thanks for setting this up Andy! Great Job

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Carlisle

Stay tuned more to come on Carlisle

Hi Andy

My name is Dale. My husband and I just purchased a 2011 Shelby cobra, this past August and we will as always be attending Carlisle on Friday Is there anything special that we have to do yo register . We would love to be a part of the Shelby Family Team. It is AWESOME owning one!!!! Please let me know what needs to be done and where we need to go .

Sincerely

Dale Masciotti

Shelby owner/Lover

Hope to see you there!

Andy

Hi Andy

My name is Dale. My husband and I just purchased a 2011 Shelby cobra, this past August and we will as always be attending Carlisle on Friday Is there anything special that we have to do yo register . We would love to be a part of the Shelby Family Team. It is AWESOME owning one!!!! Please let me know what needs to be done and where we need to go .

Sincerely

Dale Masciotti

Shelby owner/Lover

Dale,

Go to link. Scroll down to the pre-register link and pre-register your vehicle for the show. *Important*, when you register make sure you note "Team Shelby" as your club affiliation so we can get proper club credit.

Carlisle is like no other show in the U.S and it's definately the highlight of the east coast show season. You mentioned you own a 2011 Shelby; is it a GT-500?

Can't wait to see you there! If you have any questions at all just PM me.

Andy

Dale,

Go to link. Scroll down to the pre-register link and pre-register your vehicle for the show. *Important*, when you register make sure you note "Team Shelby" as your club affiliation so we can get proper club credit.

Carlisle is like no other show in the U.S and it's definately the highlight of the east coast show season. You mentioned you own a 2011 Shelby; is it a GT-500?

Can't wait to see you there! If you have any questions at all just PM me.

Andy

Andy & I are working with the Carlisle fork as we speak to make this the best showing of Shelby's Carlisle has ever seen :happy feet:

There is a drop down for “club” when you go to register, within a couple of days you will see "Team Shelby" as one of your chooses Till then use “other” like Andy suggested.

This is VERY important as we will receive space designated just for us and other essential things to make this an even more enjoyable event.

• 2 weeks later...

I registered back in Dec before I knew anything about the Shelby display. I didnt put a club affiliation I dont believe. Do you know if I can change that? Also, in order to be a part of the display is it first come first serve on the weekend of the show and if we park in the display are we still eligible for judging? Thank you so much.

2008 GT500

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been to the Carlisle show before and had FRPP parts installed at Mustang Ally. One of the guys from work who went last year brought in the directory. While reading thru it, it indicated that if you purchase the parts there, they will do the installation for free.

If anyone has gone this route, were you happy with the installation.

Mike

Archived