TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car cover ON or OFF when towing in enclosed trailer?

bandit67

Dust is one thing.... if the dust is going to get under the cover via vibrations it may scratch where the cover rubs, just a thought. IMHO I would go uncovered.

Seems every time I drive through Wyoming, the massive cross winds blow dust in from everywhere - walls, doors, floor. How much it swirls around in there when driving, I don't know. But I was concerned that there could be dust being pushed up under some portion of the cover down low. My trailer is a '97, but in comparing "dusting" with a friend, who has a sweet 2 year old $18K trailer, he too ends up with dust inside. The perils of living in the dry west. I do find "piles" of dust on the trailer floor, wheel wells, and horizontal protrusions after some of our trips.

So, I guess I'll continue to keep the car uncovered during transport. Just makes me a little nervous that I have nothing between the car's finish and something like the little plastic light covers or the vent trim ring that may finally decide to let go from the ceiling during the occasional bouncing travels. The flourescent fixtures and bulbs are all taped to the ceiling, so they shouldn't ever be an issue.

I trailer with my cover off. Just don't want anything rubbing on the car. I usually don't even bring my cover as it is just for when the car is perfectly clean in the garage. The car always picks up a little dust while trailering but nothing some quick detailer can't handle.

Archived