TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone with a super snake

shane42

What year? 07-09 had Stock x pipe, and either Borla or JBA Axle back mufflers. Headers were not part of the basic SS package .

I have a 2007 GT500 with ARH and a catted X pipe, with roush offroad axle backs and its way to load and has a lot of interior drone, I thought the SS 725hp came with headers and a catted x pipe, and the way it sounds is more of what I'm looking for, I'm just hoping I can change just the axle back to tone it down, just dont want to go through several different sets of axle backs

I have a 2007 GT500 with ARH and a catted X pipe, with roush offroad axle backs and its way to load and has a lot of interior drone, I thought the SS 725hp came with headers and a catted x pipe, and the way it sounds is more of what I'm looking for, I'm just hoping I can change just the axle back to tone it down, just dont want to go through several different sets of axle backs

Shelby Automobiles, being an automobile manufacturer is bound by ferderal standards which includes building cars that are 50 state emissions legal. In some states, any changes ahead of the catback within the first 5 years of production will fail the car as far as being "50 state legal". Because of this, the modifications to the Super Snake exhaust (as installed as part of the SS conversion) are limited to a catback change only. As far as I know, the Borla catback was/is the only option. There was a listing of "JBA manifolds" and exhaust in the Super Snake literature, but once that was found to not meet 50 state requirements, only the Borla catback was installed.

This means, even at the 725hp level, the Super Snake still retains is original GT500 cast iron "log type" exhaust manifolds, and original OEM cats and mid-pipe.

There are plenty of options available through the SPP catalog, but Shelby could not install those items as part of the Super Snake conversion.

I can tell you first hand that if you install the full 3" mandrel bent JBA exhaust system that was once offered by SPP as an optional exhaust system for the Super Snake, and a set of the Ford Racing Shorty headers, the car "wakes up" even more than it already was. <<But, now my car is not 50 state legal, even with the JBA high flow cats.

R

Install the KR mufflers and the KR H pipe (either the KR H pipe from Shelby or the H pipe from Powerhouse Racing), I have the KR mufflers and Powerhouse Racing H pipe and there is ZERO drone at any speed and the sound is the best I've heard.

Install the KR mufflers and the KR H pipe (either the KR H pipe from Shelby or the H pipe from Powerhouse Racing), I have the KR mufflers and Powerhouse Racing H pipe and there is ZERO drone at any speed and the sound is the best I've heard.

+1

KR exhaust sounds 100% better the stock SS stuff. Now if you want to get obber cool loud with no drone talk to Alex Vapor08GT500.

Archived