TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Alum Driveshafts CHEAP at AmericanMuscle

07SGT5687

OK, Just looked at the driveshaft... It is freakin beautiful, and really light.

It is indeed, the exact one that is pictured on the Axle-Exchange website...

Has the Spicer U-joints mentioned above too.

This is my first purchase from AM, shipping was overnight, and price was right... However I just don't think too many of the "phone-folks" over there know whats going on...

Sorry to the guys who got shut out, this is indeed a beautiful piece.

I will report back once its installed, and looking at the weather and amount of snow that has to melt.. that could be June...

GUS

Well I'm glad you guys all got what you thought you were going to get.... however, now I get to start the conversation all over again with AE as to why these GT500 DS's of THEIR'S were $200-300 cheaper than the one's they admittedly make and sell through AM for the GT's. Which was my ORIGINAL question. Can anyone think of a reason why AE would let AM sell their GT500 one's for $487 and then keep the GT one's at $769.99? :rant2:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm glad you guys all got what you thought you were going to get.... however, now I get to start the conversation all over again with AE as to why these GT500 DS's of THEIR'S were $200-300 cheaper than the one's they admittedly make and sell through AM for the GT's. Which was my ORIGINAL question. Can anyone think of a reason why AE would let AM sell their GT500 one's for $487 and then keep the GT one's at $769.99? :rant2:

If you were ever in retail sales the answer would be obvious. Rather than ask AE, pose your question to AM.

Here's my take on the "WHY" question, as to the difference in price between the GT500 (5.4L) and the 4.6L.

IMHO - American Muscle is not really a primary source for GT500 parts. We all tend to shop and patronize the "GT500 Mavens", like Lethal, VMP, Shelby, JLT, Evo, etc... I'm sure I left some off.

So they probably stocked up on these Axle-Exchange driveshafts for the 07-10 GT500 (which is a minuscule market, in units, for them compared to all the others).

When they weren't moving, they decided to blow them out at a big discount.

And lets be HONEST here, this is the exception not the rule... Usually when Shelby folks are looking for parts, we pay MUCH MORE for our parts than the 4.6L folks.

YMMV

GUS

Here's my take on the "WHY" question, as to the difference in price between the GT500 (5.4L) and the 4.6L.

IMHO - American Muscle is not really a primary source for GT500 parts. We all tend to shop and patronize the "GT500 Mavens", like Lethal, VMP, Shelby, JLT, Evo, etc... I'm sure I left some off.

So they probably stocked up on these Axle-Exchange driveshafts for the 07-10 GT500 (which is a minuscule market, in units, for them compared to all the others).

When they weren't moving, they decided to blow them out at a big discount.

And lets be HONEST here, this is the exception not the rule... Usually when Shelby folks are looking for parts, we pay MUCH MORE for our parts than the 4.6L folks.

YMMV

GUS

That all makes sense. I've just never been one to accept the "just because" argument. And sometimes, getting some one to explain their backwards logic (AM, not you)... gets them to also own up and give you the deal it should be. Of course, no luck here so far... :banghead:

Arrived this afternoon. Box has a sticker that says "Steeda One Piece Aluminum Drive Shaft". Also on the box it says MAMTCOBRAST 4" Heavy Duty Cobra. Box containing hardware says 1 Pinion Flange and 4 Bolts. The drive shaft itself has no manufacturer's logo. U joints say "spicer". That is all.

Guys,

Be careful, the add says it is a 4" diameter shaft. I know that some of the GT500 guys had a problem with the 4" ones hitting the tunnel. Most went with the 3.5" drive shaft.

There has to be a reason these drive shafts are cheaper.

Just information to consider.

overtime

I recall the problems with the 4" drive shafts having issues on the GT500. These threads took place before Team Shelby in the olden days.

Archived