TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Alum Driveshafts CHEAP at AmericanMuscle

07SGT5687

I wish these were this cheap for the SGT(GT) style... $649.99 on clearance with free shipping, but type in the Code CLEARANCE3 and you get another 25% off for a total of $487.46 delivered.

I haven't checked in a while, but isn't that a screamin' deal on a one piece aluminum DS? I SO wish that fit my SGT...

Mustang Aluminum One Piece Driveshaft (07-11 GT500)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually Gents, I just spoke to American Muscle to ask WHOSE driveshaft that was, and its from "Axle-Exchange" in Fairfield, NJ...

Axle-Exchange Website

They are very reputable from what i am told, and a bunch of the tuner shops in the Tri-State area swear by these guys.

I also just spoke to BARRY at Axle-Exhange and he verifies that this is INDEED his product and that i would not be disappointed.

Rated for VERY high horsepower applications.

I'm gonna try one out.

GUS

Actually Gents, I just spoke to American Muscle to ask WHOSE driveshaft that was, and its from "Axle-Exchange" in Fairfield, NJ...

Axle-Exchange Website

They are very reputable from what i am told, and a bunch of the tuner shops in the Tri-State area swear by these guys.

I also just spoke to BARRY at Axle-Exhange and he verifies that this is INDEED his product and that i would not be disappointed.

I'm gonna try one out.

GUS

Can Barry ship me one direct for my SGT for the $490 AM is selling the GT500 ones for? THAT deep of a discount leads me to believe there is some major profit margin in those! Maybe Barry would like to do a group buy direct? Thoughts SGT owners?

AM says they are $890 driveshafts. Unless I'm reading wrong, Axle Exchange says they are $700 driveshafts.

Ok, well either way, AM currently has the listed at $649.99 on clearance and you can get hem delivered for $487 with the extra 25% off clearance code... if there are any left. Still sounds like a lot better then $50 off to me...

Now if they would only blowout the GT style ones... :rant2:

$649.99 on clearance with free shipping, but type in the Code CLEARANCE3 and you get another 25% off for a total of $487.46 delivered.

I haven't checked in a while, but isn't that a screamin' deal on a one piece aluminum DS? I SO wish that fit my SGT...

Wow, that *is* a smokin' price.

That's less than half of what I paid for my PST Carbon Fiber 1-pc driveshaft (around $1200, IIRC).

Yeah, sure, CF is a little lighter and a little stronger but for the average guy (including ME) on the street, it's REALLY not really necessary. I'm just one of those fools that has to have "the best", regardless of whether I need it or not.

If money was at all a issue with me, THAT would be the 1-pc I'd buy. $490, DELIVERED???

Sheesh, that's a no-brainer.

FYI, got an email back from Axle Exchange this morning. I just asked them about why there was such a huge price difference between the GT and GT500 shafts. They said the following;

The shafts on sale are not made by us but another vendor that they are clearing out. If you look at the part numbers on their site the sale ones do not match ours. Our numbers(which both Steeda and AM use) start with MA.

GTs and Cobras are basically the same shaft except for length. 2011s are a whole different story.

There is a difference between our shafts and most of our competetors. We do not use cutdown Ranger shafts,we do not use CAM parts,we use HD Spicer U-joints plus more.

Just sayin... I now understand my disgust with the GT ones being so much more expensive... but you guys might want to consider whether what you just bought is what you thought it was. For the record, I never stated WHO made them... just that they were on sale.

I'm afraid 07SGT5687 might be correct on these. I would rather pay more for a quality driveshaft with the cv joint than one with a slip joint. Who knows maybe PST will have a sale on their carbon fiber shafts.

FYI, got an email back from Axle Exchange this morning. I just asked them about why there was such a huge price difference between the GT and GT500 shafts. They said the following;

Just sayin... I now understand my disgust with the GT ones being so much more expensive... but you guys might want to consider whether what you just bought is what you thought it was. For the record, I never stated WHO made them... just that they were on sale.

Whoa, the grin has been removed from my face.

FYI, got an email back from Axle Exchange this morning. I just asked them about why there was such a huge price difference between the GT and GT500 shafts. They said the following; "The shafts on sale are not made by us but another vendor that they are clearing out. If you look at the part numbers on their site the sale ones do not match ours. Our numbers(which both Steeda and AM use) start with MA.

GTs and Cobras are basically the same shaft except for length. 2011s are a whole different story.

There is a difference between our shafts and most of our competetors. We do not use cutdown Ranger shafts,we do not use CAM parts,we use HD Spicer U-joints plus more."

Ok, what about the phone calls that went out to both American Muscle and Axle Exchange yesterday?...................

Axle-Exchange Website

I'm gonna try one out.

GUS

Which info is correct ? :headscratch:

Ok, just got off the phone with American Muscle. This is what they said:

They only carry (2) manufactures of driveshafts for the '07-'11 Mustang. Steeda and Axle Exchange. He told me that item # 16215 is in fact a Steeda driveshaft.

Ok, just got off the phone with American Muscle. This is what they said:

They only carry (2) manufactures of driveshafts for the '07-'11 Mustang. Steeda and Axle Exchange. He told me that item # 16215 is in fact a Steeda driveshaft.

How about I make it even curiouser. Steeda is located right here in my hometown. I called them a few days ago and asked (someone I know well but who shall remain nameless) if Steeda made their own driveshafts. He said "NO". I did not ask who made them. How do you like them apples?

Archived