TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 KONA BLUE STRIPE QUESTION

obxman

2011 SVTPP Kona Blue GT500 Stripes  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best looking stripe option for 2011 Kona Blue GT500 with SVTPP

• SVTPP narrow Red Stripe with Ingot Outline
    • SVT Wide Silver Stripes

I am looking a a 2011 Shelb GT500 with the SVT performance package. The car currently is Kona Blue with no stripes. I like the stripes on the Shelby but just thought i'd ask an opinion of those that own or have seen Kona Blue with various stripes. I am leaning toward the wide standard stripes in silver on the narrow SVTPP stripes in red outlined in silver from Ford. Let me know what ya think from both an appearance and resale standpoint later on.

post-23272-0-99759700-1295969377_thumb.jpg

post-23272-0-37184300-1295969385_thumb.jpg

I am looking a a 2011 Shelb GT500 with the SVT performance package. The car currently is Kona Blue with no stripes. I like the stripes on the Shelby but just thought i'd ask an opinion of those that own or have seen Kona Blue with various stripes. I am leaning toward the wide standard stripes in silver on the narrow SVTPP stripes in red outlined in silver from Ford. Let me know what ya think from both an appearance and resale standpoint later on.

I have a 2010 500 with the silver stripes on Kona Blue so of course I like that combination the best. I am not a fan of the narrow SVT stripes but one of the guys at the Bash had a white on with the narrow red stripes and I kind of got used to it after a few days. Bottom line is I love the Kona Blue especially when the sun shines on it and all the metallic lights up in it. I even had a lady at a show ask if I had it customed painted. Just go with what you like because you are the one who will be looking at every day.

agree--go with what you like--as to resale, theres no way it'll be a collector car for at leats 20 years-, so no impact there-but i think on resale itd be easier to sell with the stripes,since the vast majority sold that way

I have the 2010 kona with white stripes. I have personally seen the Kona with red stripes and I think it is beautiful, but cant get past the skinny stripes. I wonder what one would look like with the red stripes in the wide version? Anybody good with photoshop out there and can post up what it would look like.

Kona blue with the tape delete should net you a black interior........................everything goes with black........................anything you choose will look fine, & at the end of the day, you're the only one that has to like it !!

The Kona with the Red is amazing. I ended up getting grabber blue but during my search the Kona/Red was highest on my list of choices. At first, I liked the wide stripes, but the thin ones will grow on you. Plus, everyone seems to have wide white stripes.

Well not everyone has the white stripes, they produced 378 kona blue/ white stripes for 2010 MY.

+1 on the thin SVTPP red stripes. I had a '10 Kona/silver and loved it but I did not feel exclusive enough so I got a '11 Grabber Blue stripe delete and put the SVTPP red stripes on it. I also changed out the front seat covers with the red stripes. Did not bother with the back seat. I get so many people taking pics of my Grabber that it almost gets too much attention! The seat covers will cost you $1000 from Ford. Also who ever stripes the car better know what he is doing. Not and easy task to get perfect! Good luck, regards, denohew

Well not everyone has the white stripes, they produced 378 kona blue/ white stripes for 2010 MY.

That is why I said "wide white stripes" in my post, and NOT "everyone has Kona with wide white stripes". My point being 2007 plus = wide stripes. 2011 plus SVTPP thin stripes. There is a whole lot more wide than thin out there.

There are very few kona and red combos so the silver stripes will get more votes because everyone who has them will likely vote that way. I have never spoke to a person who didn't think it was absolutely stunning in real life (red stripes).

Either way a great car.

Have you ever thought about Flat Black stripes? I wanted to be different and added these stripes to my Kona Blue SVTPP Stripe Delete. For whatever reason my file sizes are small. I will repost them again later with a larger image.

Please do!!!! I would love to see larger pics of that as I'm considering that to go with the Matte black Supersnakes I just got.....

Have you ever thought about Flat Black stripes? I wanted to be different and added these stripes to my Kona Blue SVTPP Stripe Delete. For whatever reason my file sizes are small. I will repost them again later with a larger image.

+ 1000000...............Not a fan of stripes, but if I were WE HAVE A WINNER HERE!!

I have a 2010 500 with the silver stripes on Kona Blue so of course I like that combination the best. I am not a fan of the narrow SVT stripes but one of the guys at the Bash had a white on with the narrow red stripes and I kind of got used to it after a few days. Bottom line is I love the Kona Blue especially when the sun shines on it and all the metallic lights up in it. I even had a lady at a show ask if I had it customed painted. Just go with what you like because you are the one who will be looking at every day.

+1

Let me start by telling you about a problem I am having. About 6 months ago, the right side strip on the rear bumper cover; one edge started peeling off. Took it to the dealership, 5 trips and two body shops later, they still do not have the strip re-installed correctly. Every time it ends up with bubbles and winkles in the tape, it goes back tomorrow for the 6th time and the dealership has sent it to different body shops, I guess its a bitch to put thees strips on without getting winkles and bubbles in the tape. Why didn't Ford paint these on the car instead of using tape???? My baby is black paint with black strips, my second choice in color was kona blue with silver stripes, but no matter what color and what you do with the strips, you can not go wrong, these are bad ass looking car in any color!

post-27022-0-85398500-1296561496_thumb.jpg

post-27022-0-85398500-1296561496_thumb.jpg

Archived