TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Congressman must have been hit by a Jogger.....

A Congressman must have been hit by a Jogger or bumped into by a someone talking on a Cell Phone............Must Personal type Laws get pssed ONLY when it happened to someone in Office.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110124/ap_on_re_us/us_distracted_walkers

There is more to it than that. I am an attorney in San Diego and, although I do not do personal injury law, there has been talk for years about accidents that involved, on the one hand, a driver distracted by cell phone use and, on the other hand, a pedestrian distracted by cell phone use. I work in downtown San Diego and am amazed by the use of cell phones by pedestrians, coupled with their belief that, "If I have the light in my favor, I am safe" approach to crossing the street. As a runner, I do run with music but at a level to where I can hear what the traffic around me is doing. These proposed statutes are designed for people who were born without a full load of common sense. Such statutes seem like too much "big brother" but that is because you possess common sense and do not do the things complained of. These proposed statutes are to address what Ron White talked about in his book, "You Can't Fix Stupid."

Jim

There is more to it than that. I am an attorney in San Diego and, although I do not do personal injury law, there has been talk for years about accidents that involved, on the one hand, a driver distracted by cell phone use and, on the other hand, a pedestrian distracted by cell phone use. I work in downtown San Diego and am amazed by the use of cell phones by pedestrians, coupled with their belief that, "If I have the light in my favor, I am safe" approach to crossing the street. As a runner, I do run with music but at a level to where I can hear what the traffic around me is doing. These proposed statutes are designed for people who were born without a full load of common sense. Such statutes seem like too much "big brother" but that is because you possess common sense and do not do the things complained of. These proposed statutes are to address what Ron White talked about in his book, "You Can't Fix Stupid."

Jim

Thats what I am talking about.........It has been talked about for YEARS, BUT, nothing has been done about it. I am saying that it must have happened to a Congressman recently so it is being pushed. I see it alot with Ellected Officials, if it didn't happen to them, they don't really care.

Thats what I am talking about.........It has been talked about for YEARS, BUT, nothing has been done about it. I am saying that it must have happened to a Congressman recently so it is being pushed. I see it alot with Ellected Officials, if it didn't happen to them, they don't really care.

Dave, not to stray off topic too much here...but...have you also noticed if someone shoots or injures a cop, they ALWAYS catch the guy right away or real quickly after the incident. Most of the time 'he' don't make it alive!

If someone shoots a regular Joe...it's a few hours of paperwork in the car with the heater running, and a report that will no doubt get lost on the Lt.'s desk in a day or two! Hmmmmm. :headscratch:

Dave, not to stray off topic too much here...but...have you also noticed if someone shoots or injures a cop, they ALWAYS catch the guy right away or real quickly after the incident. Most of the time 'he' don't make it alive!

If someone shoots a regular Joe...it's a few hours of paperwork in the car with the heater running, and a report that will no doubt get lost on the Lt.'s desk in a day or two! Hmmmmm. :headscratch:

OH Yeah........its funny how they always say they don't have the Man Power to do thir Job but all of a sudden they have 50 Cops hunting for one suspect................... :hysterical:

Jim

I concur !! I have tried many of times to cure my mental disease of Forrest Gump but that box of chocalte always screws me :drool: up I love when people in the park ride there bikes with the headphones and me in a three wheel scooter. I try and get their attention before passing them one girl was clueless and as I passed her she paniced and hit the front brakes and laned on her face. I told riding the bike has the same rules of a driven car I have even pulled over people with head phones on and I saw on TMZ Marky mark getting into his car and drive away with the headphones on. It's the cool thing to do or when you see the cool ones driving with there seat alway back or sitting low and leaning on the car door is another cool smart thing to do. Till the idoit gets T-boned idiots will be idiots you can point out the things that dangerous to them and others and they still don't get it !!!

So it fall under forrest gump theory !!!

Hey remember me retired cop and I get the perp as long as he is 5 block from D&D :hysterical:

I do agree with you guys when it happens to a liberal or someone of power its a big deal but if it happens to a nobody nothing is done !! I have seen to many times that why I never like working down in lower Manhattan. Plus I have this bad habit of speaking my mind to those fine citizens

Jim,

I can't agree with you more. I am also a runner and tipcally I run on main roads with my music on. The difference is I listen to it at a level where like Jim I can hear what is going on around me. It is funny how common since isn't that common.

redcard.gifWhoa WHoa Whoa there Bike boy. Lets not forget that 99% of the time the cops are killed on duty. That means that they have already called in their location, the trip they are on and are there because someone , like you, called them for help. Therefore when they start getting shot either themselves or someone else has called dispatch and requested help, so every available law enforcement in the area goes. Its basically logistics. When they receive a shots fired trip, does the north Hollywood Bank shootout ring a bell for you, its the same thing, but then they arrive they have to make sure the scene is safe for law enforcement and rescue personnel as well as the public, then start gathering information as to what happened, start rescue, detain possible suspects, set up a perimeter, and then put out pertinent information to other responding officers. Then the investigation starts because the majority of the time the suspects have left the scene. Your comment is extremely unjust and one-sided. One more reason that it there is a multitude of officers , if a person intentionally kills an officer in uniform, what do you think they will do to you or your wife when they kick in your back in an attempt to escape.

Wouldn't be suprised if this has something to do with the proposed law....

What a stupid ass. She hired a attorney because the clip was posted on Youtube.

redcard.gifWhoa WHoa Whoa there Bike boy. Lets not forget that 99% of the time the cops are killed on duty. That means that they have already called in their location, the trip they are on and are there because someone , like you, called them for help. Therefore when they start getting shot either themselves or someone else has called dispatch and requested help, so every available law enforcement in the area goes. Its basically logistics. When they receive a shots fired trip, does the north Hollywood Bank shootout ring a bell for you, its the same thing, but then they arrive they have to make sure the scene is safe for law enforcement and rescue personnel as well as the public, then start gathering information as to what happened, start rescue, detain possible suspects, set up a perimeter, and then put out pertinent information to other responding officers. Then the investigation starts because the majority of the time the suspects have left the scene. Your comment is extremely unjust and one-sided. One more reason that it there is a multitude of officers , if a person intentionally kills an officer in uniform, what do you think they will do to you or your wife when they kick in your back in an attempt to escape.

Easy!!!!!!!!

My nephew whom happens to be 22 yo has just signed on as a P.O. in Az. He went to ASU for Criminal Justice, and is going to be a very GOOD cop!

Although I'm not too sure I follow your point here, I am only making a comment that it would seem that many are in agreement on here. This is a subject that (like Howard Stern) people feel, but don't want to talk about. My nephew has been doing ride alongs for 3 years, and would tell the same story...."you shoot one of US...we will relentlessly hunt you down"!

I realize that reports are an important part of an officers daily duty, along with making sure a 'scene' is safe and figuring out precisely who the perp is, when they roll up. I can assure you, however, if a homeless guy gets popped in downtown Phoenix while wandering the streets with his belongings in a grocery cart....there will be NO hurry to find his assailant. Simple comparo. This was MHO.

Wouldn't be suprised if this has something to do with the proposed law....

What a stupid ass. She hired a attorney because the clip was posted on Youtube.

Enis,

She's REALLY stupid, because there was an outstanding warrant for her arrest and drew the attention of law enforcement. :hysterical:

The dummy that walked into the fountain is what caused this.

It's illegal to text and drive

It's illegal to talk on a cell and drive

Pretty soon it will be illegal to drive and talk with someone next to you.

Soon after that it will be illegal to drive and adjust the radio volume

Soon it will be illegal to walk and text

soon after that it will be illegal to walk and talk on the cell

Soon after that it will be illegal to walk and talk to the person next to you.

Soon after that it will be illegal to walk and chew gum.

That dummy failed the last test.

Years ago when we lived in Phoenix during the Salt River floods and before they had bridges that went across the entire river bed instead of just the channel people would try to drive. Then the helicopter would come and pluck them off the roof. The Arizona Republic ran a picture of one of them being rescued whose title was something like "Stupid people should be allowed to die".

Just like Pink Zebras.

The dummy that walked into the fountain is what caused this.

It's illegal to text and drive

It's illegal to talk on a cell and drive

Pretty soon it will be illegal to drive and talk with someone next to you.

Soon after that it will be illegal to drive and adjust the radio volume

Soon it will be illegal to walk and text

soon after that it will be illegal to walk and talk on the cell

Soon after that it will be illegal to walk and talk to the person next to you.

Soon after that it will be illegal to walk and chew gum.

That dummy failed the last test.

Years ago when we lived in Phoenix during the Salt River floods and before they had bridges that went across the entire river bed instead of just the channel people would try to drive. Then the helicopter would come and pluck them off the roof. The Arizona Republic ran a picture of one of them being rescued whose title was something like "Stupid people should be allowed to die".

Just like Pink Zebras.

Tony, lived in Phx for most all of my life. They have a law now in AZ especially designed for our monsoon flash-flooding....it was designed to (hopefully) keep people from crossing those flooded washes after the monsoon rains. It is quite simply called, "The Stupid Motorist Law" And, yes it seems that EVERY summer there are a few idiots that try with their big, raised up Chebbys to drive right through these overflowing washes.......and as the news channel's helicopters are showing them floating down the stream inside their 'AWESOME' four wheel drive, they are clocking up an expensive rescue, and a hefty fine!!!

On a side note, worthy to a response to your 'soon after that' series....I just heard this afternoon that in Ontario Canada, the Toronto area, they have made it illegal to smoke in your car when you have children with you in the car! The whole second hand smoke thing. Big brother is more than watching these days!

OH Yeah........its funny how they always say they don't have the Man Power to do thir Job but all of a sudden they have 50 Cops hunting for one suspect................... :hysterical:

You also have to think about this if a scum has no problem killing a cop what do you think he will do to you and your loved ones. Just like that poor couple filling up their RV and escaped convicts killed them for a ride. Imagine everytime a crime happens all your local cops respond everyone to solve the crime.I would take a ride over to a bank on the other side of the city. I would be the new owner of a super snake !! Anytime as a cop see a money truck in front of a bank if that sectors is free you would sit by or stand out side with guns draw. If a bank alarm call comes in we do not all rush over there unless its confirmed shots fired just to the fact of leaving people unprotected. So next you see a crime make sure you get every cop there so I can go rob a bank or your house and I will leave you a present ! :hysterical: !! Like I did for my buddy for making the mistake of busting on me when watching his house. I hope he figured out what that scent on his pillow was !!! :hysterical:

I wish you guys can see what happens in NYC when a cop calls for back up its amazing its like army of ants coming out of nowhere from guys in suits to undercover dressed as bums. But the main point is of course help your brother out and to show of force Trust me I have had to make that call a couple of times and if I'm calling its got to be bad like dealing with gang members. These gangs are out numbering law enforcement imagine if they got together and just started to kill all the cops off like in mexico. You wouldn't mind living in law less land oh wait the gangs are the cops now. Good luck to your nice cruise in your Shelby!!!!

I always said to peolpe you hate cops but think about how would life without us. I would give the public oneday with law enforcement shut down fully annouced to the world the public would not last a day. It has been done trust me.

You also have to think about this if a scum has no problem killing a cop what do you think he will do to you and your loved ones. Just like that poor couple filling up their RV and escaped convicts killed them for a ride. Imagine everytime a crime happens all your local cops respond everyone to solve the crime.I would take a ride over to a bank on the other side of the city. I would be the new owner of a super snake !! Anytime as a cop see a money truck in front of a bank if that sectors is free you would sit by or stand out side with guns draw. If a bank alarm call comes in we do not all rush over there unless its confirmed shots fired just to the fact of leaving people unprotected. So next you see a crime make sure you get every cop there so I can go rob a bank or your house and I will leave you a present ! :hysterical: !! Like I did for my buddy for making the mistake of busting on me when watching his house. I hope he figured out what that scent on his pillow was !!! :hysterical:

I wish you guys can see what happens in NYC when a cop calls for back up its amazing its like army of ants coming out of nowhere from guys in suits to undercover dressed as bums. But the main point is of course help your brother out and to show of force Trust me I have had to make that call a couple of times and if I'm calling its got to be bad like dealing with gang members. These gangs are out numbering law enforcement imagine if they got together and just started to kill all the cops off like in mexico. You wouldn't mind living in law less land oh wait the gangs are the cops now. Good luck to your nice cruise in your Shelby!!!!

I always said to peolpe you hate cops but think about how would life without us. I would give the public oneday with law enforcement shut down fully annouced to the world the public would not last a day. It has been done trust me.

Tony, it's been said before to you specifically on here, and others......

I :salute: you for your service to our largest city (population wise), and your service to the country in the days after 911!

I think it's safe to say that we all agree... we NEED the police, and I am not flaming them for ANYTHING here! In my personal experience with police NOT going out of their way to help an 'average' citizen with any fervor, in 1981 a buddy of mine had a pregnant wife sitting at home while we were working. He got a paniced phone call from her late in the day (we closed at our store at 7:00pm) and she was absolutely hysterical! Some dirtball broke into her home while she was sitting watching TV, (8 months prego), and robbed her place, but before leaving, he kicked her in the belly repeatedly, killing the fetus!! Horrible! She called the police and they came, right away. She was obviously rushed to the emerg. and found out the baby had passed.

My buddy rushed home after he got the call. The police told him, and I quote,"The guy is probably a homeless guy, just passin' through the neighborhood...we will probably NEVER find him!"

?????????????????????????????? :headscratch: Do you guys see the reasoning for my negativity? Wait though, it gets better!

My buddy took the next day off from work. He had his wife ride in the car with him, slumped down in the seat, as they drove around the neighborhood looking for said 'homeless guy'. Yes he took the law into his own hands. Luckily, his wife spotted this scum on a street corner standing with other scum. He took her home dropped her off, grabbed his pistol and went back to take care of things on his own. The guy was still there. He got out of the car, walked up and said, "this is for killing my baby, you %%$@! He proceeded to shoot the guy in the ba!!s! Then in the chest.

He stood there and waited for the cops to come, as the guy bled to death. Admitted to the crime...did 7 years in Florence Az. and is on the street again. And, yes they matched the fingerprints from their home to that of the deceased. It's an ugly story, and he clearly did the wrong thing, but he was outraged at the response from the Phx. police!

You also have to think about this if a scum has no problem killing a cop what do you think he will do to you and your loved ones.

It is that point alone that should answer any question out there. While we can debate specific instances, Tony's statement is the one that resonates with me.

Jim

Arkansas has had the law against driving and talking on a cell phone for a couple years now, but I've never seen or even heard of anybody getting a ticket for it. It's most likely in place as a revenue generator and to keep people from using excuses that could potentially help them win their court case. I'm all for these laws though. Cell phones are nice, but seems everybody has gone overboard with them.

Florida only has the "No Texting & Driving" Law. It really pisses me off when I get behind someone while they are talking on the Phone. They go 10 to 20 MPH slower and Brake way to soon and take for ever to get going again. As soon as I can safely pass them I am usually blasting my Horn at them as I pass.

Easy!!!!!!!!

My nephew whom happens to be 22 yo has just signed on as a P.O. in Az. He went to ASU for Criminal Justice, and is going to be a very GOOD cop!

Good for your nephew. I am a Sergeant at a Sheriff`s Office, going on 14 years.

Although I'm not too sure I follow your point here, I am only making a comment that it would seem that many are in agreement on here. This is a subject that (like Howard Stern) people feel, but don't want to talk about. My nephew has been doing ride alongs for 3 years, and would tell the same story...."you shoot one of US...we will relentlessly hunt you down"!

I think every profession has the attitude that "we will take of our own" including doctors, lawyers, owners of bike shops....

I realize that reports are an important part of an officers daily duty, along with making sure a 'scene' is safe and figuring out precisely who the perp is, when they roll up. I can assure you, however, if a homeless guy gets popped in downtown Phoenix while wandering the streets with his belongings in a grocery cart....there will be NO hurry to find his assailant. Simple comparo. This was MHO.

As far as crimes go, you have to take into consideration the evidence and information you can discover about the victim. A homeless guy is not going to have the luxuries of a home address, job, cell phone records, vehicles, family ... These are vital for law enforcement in which to draw evidence from. Your inference that law enforcement only cares about individuals in a specific socioeconomic category is erroneous.

Archived