TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Opie and Anthony

racephan

MAN I miss listening to O&A. Used to have XM when I lived in the boonies (no decent radio), but when I moved to Denver and there was so much good terrestrial radio I dropped XM...

Glad to hear Ant's okay though... Are we talking totalled? Or just banged up? Knowing Ant... it's totalled.

FRUUUUUUUUNCUS! :salute:

MAN I miss listening to O&A. Used to have XM when I lived in the boonies (no decent radio), but when I moved to Denver and there was so much good terrestrial radio I dropped XM...

Glad to hear Ant's okay though... Are we talking totalled? Or just banged up? Knowing Ant... it's totalled.

FRUUUUUUUUNCUS! :salute:

Actually, he said he was only going 30 mph. If you have xm radio, listen to the replay at 3pm EST. The whole 1st hour was about the wreck...I cant wait to hear the whole story then....

Anyone have a CSM number so the registry can be updated?

Steve

Seems to me this is a question you ought to ask the Owner versus just "anyone". Certainly would hate to see an inadvertant error introduced into the Registry.

The more appropriate question might be "anyone have contact info for the owner?"

Just saying.

Keith

Seems to me this is a question you ought to ask the Owner versus just "anyone". Certainly would hate to see an inadvertant error introduced into the Registry.

The more appropriate question might be "anyone have contact info for the owner?"

Just saying.

Keith

Interesting assumption on your part. I was more interested in verifying if radio personality "Opie" had registered his car with in the Shelby American Registry. Since a registry search for the name Opie came up blank and since I do not know the last name for Opie, or if Opie is a stage name, I thought someone might know what his CSM number was.

In regards to the accident damage. I may be wrong but fellow Team Shelby members are saying that Opie himself talked about this accident on his radio show. They even point the way to where others may hear a replay broadcast of the specific program in which he talked about the wreck. How would this accident info be coming from just "anyone" if Opie was the one that disclosed the details?

Steve

Oh ya, sorry. Being a veritable celebrity, his name isn't that secret (Google is your friend), but I suppose he deserves as much anonymity as we'd give any other member/owner.

I agree that anybody can do a Google search for his name but as he is a customer of Shelby American is best to err on the side of caution.

Thanks again for the info and more importantly pointing out that we weren't talking about Opie.

Steve

Interesting assumption on your part. I was more interested in verifying if radio personality "Opie" had registered his car with in the Shelby American Registry. Since a registry search for the name Opie came up blank and since I do not know the last name for Opie, or if Opie is a stage name, I thought someone might know what his CSM number was.

In regards to the accident damage. I may be wrong but fellow Team Shelby members are saying that Opie himself talked about this accident on his radio show. They even point the way to where others may hear a replay broadcast of the specific program in which he talked about the wreck. How would this accident info be coming from just "anyone" if Opie was the one that disclosed the details?

Steve

Steve,

Not trying to be too critical, just making an observation about the Registry process as I see it in this case. My assumption was based on your specific question "Anyone have a CSM number so the registry can be updated?" Just thinking the "Anyone" you ought to ask and confirm the CSM with (before updating the registry) is the owner of the car... not another TS member who replies and possibly provides second-hand, incorrect information.

You stated above you were trying to contact the owner, but your question gave the impression you simply wanted "anyone" to provide you a CSM so the registry could be updated... not that you were trying to contact the owner.

I think everyone would agree we want the Registry to be 100% accurate, and since it is still a one-way process at this point, how are we to have confidence in the accuracy of the Registry, particularly if "anyone" is providing the data to you...?

I know I would expect a Shelby registrar to contact me personally to confirm any registry entry that was going to be made about my cars by someone other than me.... Otherwise, at some point in the future when the registry is published and an error (potentially made by someone else) is discovered, it will be the owners responsibility to provide the burden of proof to get the registry corrected.

On the matter at hand, I hate that this owner's Shelby has been damaged. And I fully appreciate the task the Registrars have undertaken to record the history of these cars. I'm sure you have no shortage of volunteers to help with the registry, but I'll gladly add my name to list to be a Registrar in case you need additional help in the future.

Keith

As far as why he was driving the car in bad weather....Anthony explained it this way: His daily driver, Escalade (seen in photo above) was being driven by a "female friend".

He wanted to go to bank...only few minutes away. He thought, being careful, he could get there and back without issue. Plus he LOVES to drive this car. Also, wasnt snowing when he went out. Dry road, just really cold that day. Tires broke loose on entrance ramp. He said he was in 3rd gear under light exceleration.

I can totally understand this. Many times during winter, I take my car out for small trips simply keep it from sitting unused.

BTW, he has plenty of $$$$

Hope this info helps.

just a question, why is someone driving a SS in the SNOW seriously people? 1st off a car like that being subjected to rain much less snow, Just saying????

I also can't figure out why anyone would drive a GT500 or KR or SS or SGT in the snow. Rick

Archived